Customer Discussions > Nigella Express forum

re: missed the point

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Sep 2007 06:22:57 BDT
fallout girl says:
i dont think a spiteful and vitriolic personal attack on a persons character actually counts as a book review...

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2007 17:25:30 BDT
i could not agree more with you, it's very sad that some people (who i will bet have not even bought the book) can be so personally nasty about someone who they have never met.
i'm a fan by the way, i have all her books and unlike some of the other "pretenders" every single one of her recipies work.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2007 17:51:37 BDT
TB Miller says:
I agree totally. The reviewer did not mention the book or its contents at all. Go get a life or at least go out and buy the book and make some sort of constructive critisism.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Sep 2007 01:38:15 BDT
fallout girl says:
personally i think amazon should remove this 'review' immediately but thats just my humble opinion... i find it rather hard to believe that any so-called 'foodie' couldn't find anything at all worth cooking in the book (although not reading it would certainly make that easier to accomplish!)

by the way i have only bought feast so far (loved it! i read it in bed like a novel more often than not) which would you recommend next?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Sep 2007 23:22:13 BDT
Rebs says:
A consult of the latest Oxford English dictionary is a must read for 'foodie', - head to the 'R' section to identify what 'review' actually stands for.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Sep 2007 09:55:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Sep 2007 09:56:18 BDT
Laurelei says:
Yes, I'd bet, too, this person has not bothered to read or even look through the book. I made most of the recipies that came with the Saturday Times recently, and every single one of them were delicious and made inside a half hour--most within 10 minutes! I'm now off to buy the book.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Sep 2007 12:52:54 BDT
mum-a-lums says:
fallout girl, I couldn't agree more. Personally I can't wait to see the book and will be heading off to the bookshop at lunchtime! I have most of Nigella's cookery books and I actually love her style of writing (she is a food journo after all) and her recipes. She also has a genuine love of good food which I think has come across since How to Eat. The complaining reviewer completely misses the point and therefore must be rather dense. It's supposed to be a book review, not a review of the TV show.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2007 14:38:09 BDT
Rachel says:
I disagree with you entirely. I found the review you mention was very true and that the person who expected more from her NL Express cook book was not really on NL's wavelength. I found the review was not a 'personal' attack at all and that they did own the book (was the impression I got). Wind your necks back in you lot (who are so obviously diehard NL fans) and let people have their say. I found both reviews helpful by the way!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2007 22:28:02 BDT
fallout girl says:
maybe but there still wasnt a single mention of food... how can you review a cook book and not mention the food?! are we supposed to believe there wasnt a single recipe in the book to be recommended??

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2007 11:03:21 BDT
Dakota says:
The review was fine, I don't see why you're complaining; you're obviously a fan, so should be pleased that the book that was being reviewed got four stars. So the reviewer stated their opinion of the tv show, too - big deal, they must have felt that there was some relevance otherwise they wouldn't have added it.
There was actually an implied reference to food in there - the reviewer said that the book was wonderful, if that's not praise for her cooking, what is?! You are entirely over reacting.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nigella Express forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  7 Sep 2007
Latest post:  7 Oct 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions