What is now this razzmatazz about the 27 year-old Scot's continuous, plaintive and almost desperate quest for a new coach?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 May 2014 06:15:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 May 2014 06:17:04 BDT
Tilak says:
What is now this new media razzmatazz about the 27 year-old Scot's continuous, utterly reckless, plaintive and almost desperate quest for a new coach?

Posted on 13 May 2014 14:34:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 May 2014 14:56:18 BDT
Well, I think that the ATP 8th ranked tennis player is a spoiled brat..
Now that the previous coach dumped him, he's acting like a child, who wants a "new toy" to play with, like a new dog...
Especially in these tragic times, not a single win after Wimbledon...
He must feel very bored without one...

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2014 14:29:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 May 2014 16:39:27 BDT
pinkjazz says:
I am wondering who is going to pay for his new coach?
Certainly it is not his own money...
Rado? Adidas? RBS? Head?
It is easy to speak like him, "I need, I want a new coach.."
Most likely it is another PR stunt to add some "wow factor" and shining elements to his otherwise uninspired, lacklustre recent performances and fading career... and to keep his fans interested and gripped...

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 05:40:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 May 2014 09:09:34 BDT
At the eve of French Open, the 27 year old Scot says that he is "fairly close" to appointing a new coach,
Shortly and before Wimbledon, I am sure that he will tell adoring, submissive British media and the nationalist BBC that he may hire Martina Navratilova...What a press scoop, what a shocking media delight! What a self-advertising masterstroke !
Both veteran 57 year old Martina and Murray are celebrities, who adore the limelight and love to cash-in.
But they are incompatible, Martina never loved the Scot
Truth is that the dour Scot's career is over and now it is time for him to retire, instead of keeping making PR stunts for commercial and economical purposes (keep his endorsements on...and money things like that)...

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2014 02:32:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2014 05:52:33 BDT
Wow, now his web team tries to induce another great female tennis champion, the incomparable French Amelie Mauresmo, into the soap-opera, media saga.
The former WTA number one is extremely professional and reserved, I do not think that she will like the media circus around the Scot.
Besides, there was no fear for her to write publicly about it on tennis-warehouse : " Andy Murray not at same elite level as Novak, Roger, Rafael"..
"The western media insist on saying Andy Murray is at the top of men's tennis but I disagree. The American and British press desperately want Murray to be a part of this group but he's not. I am talking about Murray's slam results and so far the guy's only won one he isn't as good as Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic yet the western press keep on pushing this lie that he is.
The western press want to squeeze Murray into this top group but he's still unworthy.
Federer has 17 slams, Nadal has 11, and Djokovic has 6 slam titles, it isn't fair to these guys to be compared to Andy Murray he's a step below them. Those guys have six slams or more they are in a different universe than Andy Murray but the western media is going to continue pushing this lie Murray's a part of this group when he's not. And I don't care how many Masters titles Murray has won I am talking about slams.
This year, Andy Murray needs to prove or within the next few years he needs to prove he can become a multiple slam champion.
At this moment Murray is definitely a step above players like David Ferrer, Tsonga, Berdych, Del Potro but not by much.
I believe Djokovic, Federer, and Nadal are above Murray and they are the real gold standard of men's tennis. Murray hasn't reached the number one ranking either".
The saga continues.
It sucks!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2014 12:12:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2014 18:52:48 BDT
He is too childish and petulant to work with I suppose.
It is not easy to stand more that 20 seconds of his inane wittering. It would be one of the worst jobs on earth being his coach even if he ever did grow up!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jun 2014 19:34:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Jun 2014 19:37:54 BDT
meh says:
Murray will never, ever reach the same level as Federer, Nadal or Djokovic. These three, have the stomach to grind out wins.
Nobody wants to coach him! It's a very harmful job for everybody's mental sanity.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2014 18:39:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jun 2014 02:21:02 BDT
A new powerful strike from his mighty PR battleship!
ha! a female coach!? The same, same 'innocent", Mauresmo, who wrote bad things about him not long ago!?
You must be kidding!
It must be a sponsorship deal or something stupid for money!
Money is king for the Scot!
In the meanwhile his sponsors are sweating heavily, because they realize that all that money invested on him is a share with no dividend!

Posted on 9 Jun 2014 09:42:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jun 2014 05:47:03 BDT
crock says:
As ridiculous and over-the-top ideas go, this is the worst. Why did he part ways with Lendl?
I thought that was going great. Eventually Ivan Lendl was sick and tired of the spoiled, multimillion-pounds foul-mouthed, snooty Scot
With all due respects to Mauresmo this just smacks of a publicity stunt, nothing more.
Mauresmo will take up her new role in time for Queen's this week...
But the clever Scot (who might be alredy elaborating some new big headlines for the short future, along with his powerful XIX Entertainment masterminds and his sponsors) is ready to flash out the new thing: "Amélie Mauresmo's role, which has been defined "just for grass-court season" will be reviewed after Wimbledon...".
One thing is sure: it will end in tears !

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jun 2014 10:36:28 BDT
Steven says:
US open not a slam anymore then?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2014 23:58:33 BDT
prabha says:
After Wimbledon 2013, the Scot's record against top 10 players stands at six matches, six defeats.
The sponsors may be thinking now they bet on a crippled horse.
This is the end of the story.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2014 23:48:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Aug 2014 23:50:54 BDT
brunella says:
Sorry, but he is past his best and other players will overtake him.
He's now suffering the effects of winning Wimbledon and thinking he's done it all - modern international tennis just isn't like that.
He may be the wonder boy at the All England Tennis Club, the BBC and for Sir Fergie but to keep at the top international level he has to leave all that behind him.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2014 17:28:38 BDT
Tilak says:
Well, as the appointement of Chris Kermode was not enough...now there is another very close friend at the top of ATP, Ross Hutchins in the player / public relations department... It is a little disconcerting, and everybody may understand why: it might impact the Scot's future chances not only at Queen's tornement, where Hutchins had the director post at Aegon Championships, but inside the ATP itself.
Now who can can really guarantee that the seedings are not manipulated, the draw not manufactured, and the playing schedule not contrived, without meeting all of the Scot's strict guidelines and final approval?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2014 18:19:19 GMT
Chris Kermode and Ross Hutchins are struggling to give the Scot more and more space on the ATP webpage.
Anything to get more publicity for his flagging career. What a waste of space.
I guess something was needed to get his profile upped.
"wildlife ambassador"?!!
The Scot to receive ATP's Arthur Ashe humanitarian award during the ATP finals at the O2??...
I am speechless and disgusted...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  13 May 2014
Latest post:  6 Nov 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Andy Murray: Seventy-Seven: My Road to Wimbledon Glory
Andy Murray: Seventy-Seven: My Road to Wimbledon Glory by Andy Murray (Hardcover - 7 Nov 2013)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (109)