Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Jul 2012 15:35:19 BDT
why does the book description say that "her name was Christine Granville" instead of saying that it was her nom de guerre? Whose bio is it?

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 16:35:10 BDT
Clare Mulley says:
Thank you for this question. Born Krystyna Skarbek, Christine married twice, both times taking her husband's name, and later had numerous aliases. After the war, unable to return to Poland, she chose to adopt the name Christine Granville, under which she had taken a temporary British passport in 1941 when escaping from Hungary. 'I want to keep the name Granville that I have made for myself', she later wrote, 'and of which I am rather proud'. Writing the book I decided to respect this wish, but all her names are given and hopefully her complex identity is fully explored. Please have a read, and see how Christine bravely served, and was served by, both Poland and Britain during her extraordinary life. Best wishes, Clare Mulley
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  6 Jul 2012
Latest post:  11 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Spy Who Loved: The secrets and lives of Christine Granville, Britain's first female special agent of WWII
The Spy Who Loved: The secrets and lives of Christine Granville, Britain's first female special agent of WWII by Clare Mulley (Hardcover - 5 July 2012)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (78)