I purchased this for an xbox 360 but the connector does not fit as the new xbox 360 only has a hdmi input how can I get round this?
asked by Jacqueline on 21 Nov 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
The AVerMedia Game Capture should have come with a black cable with three connections at one end, suitable for Gamecube, PS3 or Xbox 360. Looking at it right here beside me, it should be the largest of the connectors for your Xbox 360. Looking at images of the back of the 360 Elite and S edition, it should fit into the wider connector slot right next to/above the HDMI. You should remove your HDMI cable whilst using the AVerMedia, and switch to component input on your TV. AVerMedia only works over component. If you did not get this cable with your device, contact the seller. Covering all the bases, my 360 being one of the older models (doesn't even have an HDMI): if your Xbox 360 really only has HDMI out, then the Game Capture will unfortunately not work with your system. Hope this helps :)
James answered on 21 Nov 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It will not work with the Xbox One, I assume that is what you mean?
L B Obrien answered on 21 Nov 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The 360 should be compatible with the conponent/composite cables supplied with the recorder. If it is down to the size of the connector maybe purchase an official xbox composite cable or even better if you have one from an old xbox 360 use that.
Gremlin Jamz answered on 21 Nov 2013

A
I am a Playstation gamer so I don't know the ins and out of the XBox, however this was my first game capture equipment (I rarely use it now because of file conversion hassles) and have since upgraded to an Elgato Game Capture HD nearly a year now, which utilises the HDMI input of my PS3 exclusively (also the HDMI out on the TV). Although you have to connect it to a computer for playback, there are more better features and options on the Elgato via their recent patches to stream to YouTube and now UStream (if that's your thing). Methinks they (Elgato) are gearing up for the next gen consoles compatabilities, I digress but I'd suggest that you change the AverMedia Game Capture HD for the Elgato if its not too late or visit the AverMedia website for a more recent model to accommodate your needs. I Hope my long-winded answer helped somewhat.
Main Squeeze answered on 21 Nov 2013
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ive got one of the new ones that shouldnt be a problem, ive got the MW3 320gb console and ive used it many a time with this device, unless there is a new xbox out i dont know of it should work fine
M. R. Walters answered on 22 Nov 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›