Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Oct 2012 11:19:07 BDT
dave one says:
is this 3 d movie in passive 3 d or active 3 d or those stupid cardboard throw away glasses, amazon should make this clear on their pages as people just do not want to buy 3 d titles with those awful carboard glasses, would like to hear if people agree with me .

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 11:32:22 BDT
It's in real 3D, you'll need a 3D TV, 3D bluray player or PS3 with latest firmware update, oh and some shutter glasses.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 14:42:07 BDT
dave one says:
i understand what you have said but what i am saying is that i purchased a 3 d blue ray polar express and it came with cardboard glasses which just arnt up to the job and were far too big for my grandkids,all blue ray 3d movies should state if passive or active glasses are to be used and clearly state if they come with the rubbishy cardboard type as i would not have purchased that blue ray if id have known this, thank youfor your reply, have other people any comments ?.

Posted on 3 Oct 2012 15:15:00 BDT
If it says "Bluray 3D" then you will need the setup i just mentioned, this is not red/green 3D, it's the same as the cinema. All 3D blurays can only be used on the required equipment, they don't state active passive glasses on the boxes cause it's irrelevant.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2012 08:56:09 BDT
Ian Tapp says:
The glasses required will depend on the TV or projector you have bought. Some use simple polarising glasses - my brother can use cheap glasses from his local multiplex and I think his TV looks excellent - and some use expensive active shutter systems. One excellent projector uses radio glasses rather than infra red. These systems will need specific to the system, and expensive, glasses.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2012 10:40:04 BDT
Cartimand says:
"oh and some shutter glasses. "

Or some passive (polarised 3D glasses like they use at the cinema) if, like the vast majority of 3D system owners, you have a passive setup.

Posted on 15 Oct 2012 18:01:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Oct 2012 18:06:10 BDT
unknown says:
Hi i thinking of buying this for the 3D but no one has mentioned if the 3D affects are any good. Are there protruding affects or is it all just depth as most films are? Would love to see a really good 3D film with lots of things coming out of the screen, anyone know of a really good film like this? Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2012 18:13:26 BDT
Ian Tapp says:
I saw it at the BFI IMAX. I don't remember a lot of protruding effects. They go for depth these days rather than what the Disney creatives call "needle in the eye" stuff. There is a storm in the film involving a lot of flying rock that looked good in 3D. I would say that the best film for protruding effects is Despicable Me.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Oct 2012 09:43:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Oct 2012 09:43:45 BDT
Cartimand says:
The only protruding effects in Prometheus were when David activated the planetariam program in the cave. And even then, the projection was subtle. Nothing to compare with Tintin 3D or the astonishing death scene with the metal poles in Final Destination 5 - I involuntarily jerked my head back at that one!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Oct 2012 22:17:38 BDT
Ian Tapp says:
Further to my previous reply, I would say that Drive Angry is just about the best 3D demo disc out there. It is also very cheap.

Posted on 17 Oct 2012 22:32:35 BDT
Agree, Drive Angry is good, the best still has to be AVATAR the 3D is Tremendous ! PROMETHEUS 3D is impressive.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2012 11:06:07 BDT
Ian Tapp says:
For me Avatar is the best. My second IMAX viewing showed that a great deal of thought had gone into it but, while every shot has been done with 3D in mind, the genius of it is that the 3D enhances the film without making its presence felt in a distracting way (Avatar still remains the daddy of special effects movies too) and Prometheus is also very much in that vein. The original post, however, was about 3D that comes out of the screen and Drive Angry (axe, bullet, coin etc) is excellent for that. My absolute best, though, remains the end credits sequence of Despicable Me.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Feb 2013 22:08:06 GMT
Paul R. says:
Not so, there are several protruding effects in prometheus and I enjoyed the 3d experience immensely.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  3 Oct 2012
Latest post:  17 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Prometheus - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Prometheus - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free] by Noomi Rapace (Blu-ray - 2012)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (1,335)