4.7 out of 5 stars14,187

on 6 January 2011
My nephew and niece live in the UK and we now live in Germany. Christmas and Birthday present selection has become increasingly difficult as they have grown up and most of the stores they use I don't have over here, so traditional gift vouchers are not so easy to find.

We decided on Amazon gift vouchers this year for both of them and they were very easy to choose; there was an acceptable range of "themes" for the card and it was good that I could choose the currency of the voucher (£'s)but be charged in Euros. The only problem I had was actually printing the darned things out.I could have e-mailed them to my brother or the children themselves of course but that didn't seem very Christmassy and although I really struggled on our private laptop I just couldn't find a way to get them to first save and then print. The problem must lie in the settings we have on the laptop (nothing to do with the technical prowess of the user of course) because when I forwarded the e-mails to my work e-mail account and tried to print them off on my work laptop I had no problems at all!

The kids were delighted with the vouchers and given the range of stuff available on Amazon today I'm sure they will find lots of things to spend their loot on :-). I shall use Amazon vouchers again for sure, but I'll place my order using my work computer...........
on 27 January 2012
The printable gift card for Amazon Kindle was a great last minute gift, watch out when paying for it, once paid check your emails. I almost bought two because I didn't think the first one had worked as there was no message to say that my purchase had been successfully emailed to me. Having said that it's a great idea and I will use them again.
0Comment67 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2013
Just beware, if you buy this for someone who has an Amazon account registered in a different nation, it will be really awkward for them to redeem it... and you might be told by several different customer service reps that the money will be lost... really bad experience with an otherwise generally very good company.

Amazon, please fix this... if you allow me to pay in Euros for GBP items, why not allow gift cards to be redeemed in other currencies... you could even make a few bob in conversion fees...
1414 comments268 of 291 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2011
This was an ideal way to give someone who we didn't know terribly well a present. We were making a collection for someone and we only had a day to decide what to get. We didn't know exactly what they would like and weren't sure if they had an iPhone. I was able to print the certificate off in a matter of minutes and it folds up beautifully, just like a card. It also meant the person concerned was able to choose exactly what they wanted, in their own time. The choice of pictures could be better, although there is a choice, but I selected the one for the time of year (Autumn) which was ideal.
22 comments217 of 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2015
It's okay. Very speedy process once you've ordered it, but it just doesn't look as good as you hope it will. I don't think I'll go for the print your own option again. And now I need to find an envelope for this one :(

It's also a shame that you can't format the text inside. The text format they give you is very bland and not centered.
review image
0Comment41 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2012
Easy enough to set up and with printing it yourself you have it instantly.

A good idea, though the printout needs to be folded to make it a presentable item and that could do with a make over.
11 comment47 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2013
An ideal way of making sure friends and family get the gift or gifts they would like rather than agonising over what to buy them.

However it was spoilt for me by the inability to correctly process user supplied photos for certificates.

I made two attempts to order a printable gift certificate using my own picture.

On both occasions the certificate I downloaded had no picture at all, it was just a plain A4 certificate which spoilt the whole idea of using your own photo.

I definitely followed the procedure correctly and offered to supply screenshots of the various stages of the purchase.

There is obviously a software failure at the Amazon server.

Both orders had to be refunded and I will wait (more in hope than expectation) to see if they fix the fault before I try once more.
on 30 January 2012
This is an easy, effective and satisfying way to send gifts to grandchildren who live great distances away. We have used these gift cards before, and will do so again. Moreover it assures the recipient will choose something he or she wants.
0Comment45 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2013
This gift certificate was for my dad who had just bought a Kindle. He wanted to buy ebooks for it. We live in Ireland, and the UK store is, for some reason, unable to "ship" ebooks outside the UK. It therefore redirects to the US store which "ships" ebooks worldwide. However, the gift certificate is not valid for the US store.

Because of this, my dad was unable to use his gift to purchase ebooks. He instead bought actual books, which can be shipped from the UK to Ireland. I have no idea why it is possible to ship a physical item, but an ebook cannot be sent online.

Other than this issue that we had, I'm sure the gift certificates are perfectly adequate.
on 10 September 2013
While typing online, it allowed the unicode char ( I used Tamil language)
But when I try to take printout, it printed some blocks :(