on 18 February 2013
Just beware, if you buy this for someone who has an Amazon account registered in a different nation, it will be really awkward for them to redeem it... and you might be told by several different customer service reps that the money will be lost... really bad experience with an otherwise generally very good company.

Amazon, please fix this... if you allow me to pay in Euros for GBP items, why not allow gift cards to be redeemed in other currencies... you could even make a few bob in conversion fees...
1414 comments| 292 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2012
The printable gift card for Amazon Kindle was a great last minute gift, watch out when paying for it, once paid check your emails. I almost bought two because I didn't think the first one had worked as there was no message to say that my purchase had been successfully emailed to me. Having said that it's a great idea and I will use them again.
on 18 November 2011
This was an ideal way to give someone who we didn't know terribly well a present. We were making a collection for someone and we only had a day to decide what to get. We didn't know exactly what they would like and weren't sure if they had an iPhone. I was able to print the certificate off in a matter of minutes and it folds up beautifully, just like a card. It also meant the person concerned was able to choose exactly what they wanted, in their own time. The choice of pictures could be better, although there is a choice, but I selected the one for the time of year (Autumn) which was ideal.
22 comments| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2015
It's okay. Very speedy process once you've ordered it, but it just doesn't look as good as you hope it will. I don't think I'll go for the print your own option again. And now I need to find an envelope for this one :(

It's also a shame that you can't format the text inside. The text format they give you is very bland and not centered.
review image
on 6 January 2011
My nephew and niece live in the UK and we now live in Germany. Christmas and Birthday present selection has become increasingly difficult as they have grown up and most of the stores they use I don't have over here, so traditional gift vouchers are not so easy to find.

We decided on Amazon gift vouchers this year for both of them and they were very easy to choose; there was an acceptable range of "themes" for the card and it was good that I could choose the currency of the voucher (£'s)but be charged in Euros. The only problem I had was actually printing the darned things out.I could have e-mailed them to my brother or the children themselves of course but that didn't seem very Christmassy and although I really struggled on our private laptop I just couldn't find a way to get them to first save and then print. The problem must lie in the settings we have on the laptop (nothing to do with the technical prowess of the user of course) because when I forwarded the e-mails to my work e-mail account and tried to print them off on my work laptop I had no problems at all!

The kids were delighted with the vouchers and given the range of stuff available on Amazon today I'm sure they will find lots of things to spend their loot on :-). I shall use Amazon vouchers again for sure, but I'll place my order using my work computer...........
on 31 January 2012
I gave both my kids amazon vouchers in place of their usual christmas book (it's a family tradition!) and it seemed to go down pretty well. My partner got me an amazon voucher too and I found it ridiculously easy to load up (and spend on books for my lovely kindle!). What more can I say?
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2012
Easy enough to set up and with printing it yourself you have it instantly.

A good idea, though the printout needs to be folded to make it a presentable item and that could do with a make over.
on 30 January 2012
This is an easy, effective and satisfying way to send gifts to grandchildren who live great distances away. We have used these gift cards before, and will do so again. Moreover it assures the recipient will choose something he or she wants.
on 10 April 2013
Well Amazon came to my (and my nuts) rescue, I'm 47 and miserable, I don't subscribe to all this waste of money society holding my wallet to ransom to prove I care about someone crap so I totally forgot it was Valentine's day. This would have been fine but my beloved partner had bought me a gift so I'm stood in the kitchen faced with the dilemma of having a gift in my hand and nothing to hand back to prove my utter devotion to someone I've been living with for 15 years - you'd think that would be clue enough really - so a quick dash up to the computer room and 3 minutes later I have a £150 voucher printed out which I hid in the fridge and pretended I hadn't bought anything, then demanded coffee, heh heh for all she knows I could have done it weeks before, believe what you like sucker.

i R ossum.
on 28 December 2014
Fitting Christmas Gift - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
Very easy and quick to do.
(You need to have a printer at home - could be seen as a bit too DIY if you send the recipient the email that produces the link to print the card, but up to you pending circumstances).
Being badly injured over Christmas all my shopping was done online; mainly Amazon;
so getting a Christmas card that was appropriate and useful was a concern.
Knowing that my wife could use this voucher (Amazon) for any item shown on Amazon or for her Kindle eReader this was a no-brainer.
Easy to follow on screen instructions, a choice of card pictures and value to add was all very simple.
Received an email within 5 mins that provided the link for me to start the printing at home service.
This pointed cleverly onto A4 paper (i don't think there is any other paper sizes to choose) and folds easily to make a card that does stand up like a traditional card.
would defiantly do again although hopefully through choice and not ill health....
Great service!