4.7 out of 5 stars14,269

on 3 September 2014
The only problem I had with this gift token service, which I think is excellent by the way, is that the recipient, my son-in-law, saw that he had an email from Amazon and automatically deleted it thinking it was the normal type of unsolicited mail from Amazon.

He is not the type of person not to thank for something like a gift token so I followed it up with him and he looked again at his deleted "Amazons" and found it. Then I received an email from Amazon telling me that he had received it. Relief! It wasn't Amazon's fault that he deleted it but I wonder if it could be possible for Amazon to send a notification of the arrival of a gift token in another form that is different to their normal unsolicited mails so that it can't be mistaken for junk mail and the recipient wouldn't do the same as my son-in-law did.
11 comment161 of 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2011
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at amazon.com, but the recipient can spend on amazon.co.uk - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
1919 comments256 of 291 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2011
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a gift certificate or a gift card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission". I then started to worry that the e-mailed certificate could be sent to a spam folder and then deleted, so I had to phone my friend and tell him to watch out for it and check his spam folder. The other thing to bear in mind is that if you get the e-mail address wrong and send it to someone else, you will probably lose it.

Having said that, they are flexible in that the amount of the certificate goes into the persons account and they can use a credit card to top up for larger purchases or combine gift certificates and if they use less than what you provide, the remainder stays in the persons account for at least a year anyway. I think if I use them again, I will print them rather than e-mail them for security. I wouldn't send them to someone who didn't already have an Amazon account because you are effectively forcing them to open one.
55 comments367 of 419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2011
I live abroad, so sending an E-card is a perfect way for me to get gifts to folks back in the UK on time for birthdays or other occasions. Amazon has a great selection so it works out great for me. On the downside, Amazon gift certificates expire--they have 1 year life expectancy. You'd think that was plenty of time to spend it out...but it seems this is not so. I recently had a family member completely lose out on a card I had paid for since she forgot about it. The money was lost (I totally disagree with this being allowed!), and there was no warning to say it was about to expire; neither to me, or to the recipient. I think Amazon should really change their policy and practices related to this.
55 comments175 of 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2011
I ordered and the card was not delivered. I won't be back. I plan to use Pay Pal from now on to give gifts to my son.
0Comment32 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2011
My family live in New Zealand and Amazon vouchers have been very happily received by them for birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas. They get what they want and are happy, I don't have to guess what they want and there is no postage to pay for. Everyone is happy!
22 comments51 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2014
I was very disappointed because of the late delivery of this voucher. It was ordered as a birthday gift for a family member but it was delivered towards the end of the delivery date, close to midnight. I will not be ordering vouchers from Amazon in future due to this. Vouchers are ordered as gifts and therefore should be delivered at a suitable time.
on 19 May 2014
amazon.com and amazon.it aren't the same company and cards aren't compatible it is not posted anywhere and a majority of the public is not aware of this.
As far as I'm concerned this is a blatant rip-off and lawyers should be made aware of this problem and sue amazon.
I've lost $75 because of this problem I know amazon this is a pittance.
on 22 January 2013
I bought this as a present to be used to buy one of the E books. However, my wife told me that she seemed unable to use the voucher for this type of purchase. It appeared that the voucher could only be used on specific types of items.
11 comment166 of 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2011
Amazon have just dropped their gift voucher validity down to 1 year (was 3). I have been buying these vouchers for kids as away of allowing them to save up to buy a larger item of their choice. However, Amazon, clearly not satisfied with the interest free loan I provide them, after 12 months now pocket the capital as well!! In most countries this is against the law and it beggars belief we allow companies to steal our hard earned cash like this in the UK.

Please vote with your feet and boycott Amazon vouchers until they show some sense of moral decency towards their customers.
1818 comments380 of 436 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse