on 25 July 2015
This camera has a lot of potential if some issues can be resolve by Flir.

Issues:
1. When you are viewing live feed/footage via Flir Cloud, the camera doesn't record these feeds. Things could be happening but if you happen to be viewing it live, those feed will NOT be recorded to cloud. This is a serious issue.
(Latest Flir FX App released on 22nd July somewhat mitigate this problem a little by letting you record live feed by pushing a button on the app to record them onto the camera's SD card but still Flir is missing the point here.)

2. The motion trigger is way too sensitive. (I don't use audio trigger) It records every few minutes even though nothing is happening.
(Latest Flir FX App released on 22nd July resolves this issue.)

3. The camera record videos as 90 seconds clip. If the video is longer than 90 seconds, it will span across several videos all 90 seconds long. The problem with this is that you loose some footage in between those 90 seconds. It might lose some important details this way.

4. RapidRecap is awesome but it takes more than a few minutes to render.

5. For some strange reasons, Flir decide not to hash password and camera name on the app. It's in plain text!!!

If above issues can be resolve, it will be an outstanding DIY home camera.
on 5 May 2016
I have found this camera excellent really pleased, very good picture quality. Like the fact you don't have to use the cloud to record (no subscription fee) like some other cameras. Saves onto the micro sd card. The night vision is very good. It was easy to set up to the home hub for wi fi and down load the app for my smart phone (iPhone) I have saved some video footage to my phone. Not used it in the car yet.
I am not a tech wizard, and I have found it easy to set up and to use. The camera is set up indoors, and is used to see what my two Bengal cats get up to when I'm out or asleep!!!
on 27 May 2016
Absolutely terrible , bought 2 cameras , 1 just will not connect at all , the other connects and then just keeps dropping off every 30 seconds , all i get is an alert and then 'camera currently off line' - absolutely no point in having a camera as it's always offline.

Customer support is in the US so that kind of makes things worse if you try and call from the UK - I give up with them - Save your money and dont bother with Flir FX
on 20 July 2015
Excellent device. Easy to set up and able to view anywhere from my mobile phone.
on 17 September 2015
Looks pretty, good write ups but poor performance. I had issues from day one with being unable to scan code on bottom of camera. in the end I had to phone tech help who told me to simply type the ID number printed on bottom of camera in instead. Why not just get customers to do that instead? Then the camera kept cutting off the connection and finally it died. Returned for refund.
on 23 June 2015
Useless for me with no dashmount.
what up there?