Top critical review
9 people found this helpful
RapidRecap is awesome but it takes more than a few minutes to ...
on 25 July 2015
This camera has a lot of potential if some issues can be resolve by Flir.
1. When you are viewing live feed/footage via Flir Cloud, the camera doesn't record these feeds. Things could be happening but if you happen to be viewing it live, those feed will NOT be recorded to cloud. This is a serious issue.
(Latest Flir FX App released on 22nd July somewhat mitigate this problem a little by letting you record live feed by pushing a button on the app to record them onto the camera's SD card but still Flir is missing the point here.)
2. The motion trigger is way too sensitive. (I don't use audio trigger) It records every few minutes even though nothing is happening.
(Latest Flir FX App released on 22nd July resolves this issue.)
3. The camera record videos as 90 seconds clip. If the video is longer than 90 seconds, it will span across several videos all 90 seconds long. The problem with this is that you loose some footage in between those 90 seconds. It might lose some important details this way.
4. RapidRecap is awesome but it takes more than a few minutes to render.
5. For some strange reasons, Flir decide not to hash password and camera name on the app. It's in plain text!!!
If above issues can be resolve, it will be an outstanding DIY home camera.