4.5 out of 5 stars1,144

on 28 June 2015
I had an allergic reaction to the blue sky I have been using it since December with no issues and all of a sudden after using it recently my fingers felt hot and then tiny blisters appeared within hours and they grew to large blisters, my hands and fingers are extremely itchy, sore and swollen, it's also spread up my arm, the skin on the tips of my thumbs turned black, all the tips of my fingers became numb and then the skin pealed away I went to the doctors she was baffled and went to the pharmacy and he said he had never seen anything like it before, the skin was like it had been dipped in acid so sensitive still weeks after thought maybe they must have changed the ingredients but worrying as this seems to have happened to a lot of people, I am very upset as I loved using the blue sky nail varnishes and bought a lot of them and now I can no longer use them, people need to be carful while using this as the reaction are awful please test before using them
review image review image review image
66 comments53 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 June 2015
I recently re ordered these nail polishes. The first ones were fine however the second batch since using it my mum has come out in blisters both times. Her hands and feet have swollen up into painful burn like blisters and she can hardly move them. She recently tried putting them on again to check that it was in fact the nail polishes, as the first batch we fine, but again her hands and feet have swollen into painful red lumps.
on 23 November 2015
I have used bluesky products many times and usually order from a different supplier. Since becoming and Amazon prime member I thought I would order through here. This batch of bluesky nail varnish resulted in me coming out in a horrible rash over my fingers and my nails lifting from the beds. It has taken me over 4 months to get my nails back to normal. Reading through the reviews I am not the only person to have these problems. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM!!!
on 3 November 2015
Not sure what this company are putting in their products but stay well away. Used this polish a couple of times first time had an itchy burning rash and thought that it was the alcohol rub that I used to take the tackiness off. Didn't use the rub the next time I painted my nails, but within a couple of hours my feet were on fire and toes all swelled up with big pus filled blisters. Had to sit on the plane with bags of ice on my feet. The next picture attached shows what it was like a week later. Totally ruined my holiday as I couldn't go in the water and had to totally bandage them up and keep them out of the sun. As you can see from the second photo they were still raw a week later. I am going to take this to trading standards, they should be banned from selling this and cannot understand why amazon have not looked into this given the number of complaints from others.
review image review image
on 27 March 2014
A definite must have for all nail technicians, although i would recommend that you don't tighten the top too tight as mine broke at the neck. I still used it until it dried up but had to be kept upright at all times.
on 8 January 2013
I was a bit dubious about ordering this product due to mixed reviews online. I am a novice when it comes to doing shellac nails, however figured for the price of a few salon shellac polishes I could do my own. I have had 2 cnd brand shellac polishes done at a salon. The first peeled after 4 days the 2nd lasted 2 weeks and I removed it due to the regrowth rather than any chipping. I ordered the bluesky shellac to test value for money and so far I am really pleased with result. I used the base coat then cured for 10 seconds 3 thin coats of bluesky dark lava colour each cured 2 mins then the top coat also cured under UV for 2 mins. Wiped off with alcohol UV wipe to remove the tacky layer and was left with a perfect shellac polish. The finish is shiny and hard and the colour even. I have had the polish on for 2 days and so far no sign of any deterioration in the tips. I have had no adverse reactions and I am so pleased with the result. I have ordered more colours and will just monitor to see how long the polish lasts.
22 comments191 of 207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2015
Wow whatever is in this product my nails are not enjoying it! All the skin round my nails has swollen up, it's itchy, sore, these are not a good buy! I have used blue sky before and it's been fine but since I bought these it's just a mess! Only put one star as I had to! Really it doesn't deserve any!
on 28 March 2014
Bit of a novice as I've just started doing my own nails, but It does the job at a reasonable price.
on 26 March 2015
Very dissatisfied with blue sky products they made my fingers itch and caused nail infections. I would never use them again Much prefer shellac.
on 26 July 2013
Love this product. I chose it because CND are so expensive. Don't regret it at all. Base coat really protects the nail. Top coats is really shiny and stays for 2+ weeks. Will most definitely buy this brand again.