on 28 March 2015
For over the ear Bluetooth headphones these are pretty good for the money. Only bought them for my Gear VR headset, I'm not really into music so im no expert but they sound great and they are definitely load enough for me. Have had no trouble connecting to my phone, taking phone calls was a breeze too. They look like they could be more expensive, I like the mat black finish and the ear pieces are nice and spongy. When they arrived the earphones weren't attached to the headband part but hanging on by just the wires attached to the inside. I was going to send them back but manged with a bit of force to attach them so may have given them 3 n a half out of 5 if it would have let me but as they have been fine since I didn't think they deserved just a 3. Must say they are quite comfy too although I haven't worn them for more than an hour or so yet. Would recommend.
on 8 July 2015
Bought these not expecting much other than being cheap if being honest was a little sceptical.
However these have blown me away, they are well made, have a good battery life and good sound quality.
They aren't for full on audiophiles going to meet the perfect quality rich sound they may be looking for but they are 95% as good as beats or sennhiesers I have owned for nearly 10% of the price. A pretty good trade off!
Originally bought a pair just for use in oily/messy garage whilst working so had low expectations and wouldn't be too bothered if they got trashed, having to rethink this now as well as whether my expensive sets were ever worth it!
on 22 January 2015
When I got the August EP640 I did not expect much considering their low price but instantly I realized I was wrong. These headphones are very comfortable, pack all the important features and provide a superior sound quality.
Included in the box are the headphones, a user manual, Micro-USB to USB charging cable & a two way 3.5mm headphone cable which can be used when the battery runs low. The headphones are made out of long lasting material and the matte finish gives them a premium look. They are built very sturdy and the buttons give you a nice feedback when pressed. The ear cushions are very soft and comfortable. The sound quality is very good but bass heavy. It's perfect when listening to music but in my opinion uncomfortable when listening to audiobooks or watching movies. I simply adjusted the bass and treble in the equalizer settings and they worked like a charm. The bluetooth connectivity works very fast and like a charm. I had no problems with loosing connection or dropped calls.

Overall I can highly recommend these bluetooth headphones especially considering the highly affordable price. This product was provided by the manufacturer for review purposes.
on 17 September 2015
Pleased with the items functionality.
What's let's the score down is Daffodil themselves abd how sneaky they appear to be operating.
Upon inspection on receipt, the item appeared damaged - so I checked out their website directly - they sell referbed models so I assume I received one of these. I don't mind buying a referb if I know that's what I'm buying but the advert doesn't state that.
I emailed them and heard nothing back, I have kept the item as it appears to be only superficial damage and given the low price I'm prepared to take the gamble and hope it remains fit for purpose.
on 2 January 2016
on 27 September 2015
Very good headphones, totally worth the money.
I've had these headphones for about 5 months. I've had no problems and have been able to experience all the features of the headphones to the fullest.
Durability:
As a student I have to make the journey to my college everyday. I put the headphones in the outer pocket and they take a few bashings, even after this less then ideal handling the headphones still work perfectly well without so much as a scratch.
Sound:
The headphone has a rather heavy bass. However apart from that the sound is perfectly fine and clear.
(Sound Leaking: at normal levels the headphones are fine and nothing can be heard outside of the case. However at louder sounds there is some considerable leakage.)
Bluetooth Capability:
I have connected these headphone to both my laptop and my phone. For my phone was instant and strong. There where no delays in sound when I was watching a video. For my laptop the connection took a considerable time longer. Also when it did connect there was also a delay in video and sound in the beginning few moments. However after some time the connection stabilised and became clear and in time.
Battery Life:
On standby time the headphones can last for approximately 100 hours. With a constant stream of sound the battery life is about 10 hours. Also when the headphones are off the battery can last for several weeks.
Comfortability:
These are overear headphones that completely cover the ear. This means that after a few hours of constant pressure on your ear you begin to feel some pain. However if you don't binge watch entire seasons like me then the headphones are completely comfortable. Although they are rather bulky so if you like to keep headphones around your neck these would be a little bulky. However apart from that they are very secure on my head and can be used in the gym as well. Also the size can be adjusted.
Controls:
These headphones come with 5 buttons. The main center one is used to turn it off and on. Also to pause and play anything and also to connect the phone with NFC. The other four are used to control volume and to shuffle through music on a play list.
Microphone:
These headphones are equipped with a microphone which can work with your phone and also calling and gaming on your laptop. However for the pair of headphones that I received the microphone was not up to scratch. The sound on the other side of the call was dampened and muffled. This was the main reason to give this product 4 stars rather then 5. However it may have been my headset only and a unique problem.

Overall a great product to buy and totally worth the money.
on 3 October 2014
After liking iDaffodil on Facebook they sent me a free set of headphones to review. I must say how pleasantly surprised I am. To start with they nicely fold away to around half the size which is very convenient for storage & travelling etc. I opted for the Red ones which look very stylish against the silver trim and have a lovely smooth matt finish to them, they certainly look and feel like an expensive set of headphones. After having a brief read on how to connect them to my IPhone I followed the instructions and was connected via Bluetooth within a minute. After using them for a few days over various genres of music they sound great with a nice clear sound quality. If you're after something with a lot of bass these probably aren't for you, however if you want something for general all round use with good sound and a stylish look I'm sure you won't be disappointed with these, highly recommend.
on 3 October 2015
The product arrived next day despite placing the order with standard delivery.

I am really impressed with these headphones. I have 3 pairs of Beats on ear headphones but wanted some wireless ones for the gym. I thought I would give these a go for the price as I wouldn't be too bothered if they got ruined by sweat!

The headphones were very easy to pair as you should expect.

The sound quality is excellent even at loud volumes and I find the sound cancelling to be better than my £300 beats executives.

I've seen other reviews that mention about the 'static hiss' at low volume. You can hear this but honestly it's so much quieter than on the aforementioned beats I have which is VERY noticeable even at moderate volumes.

So far I'm getting about 10-12 hours from the battery which is good and as per the description.

The range is ok, not brilliant, put it works perfectly for me as I keep my phone in my gym bag I carry around with me and I have no issues at a range of around 15 feet. Much more than this and it can drop in and out a bit.

One small downside is the flashing Bluetooth LED on the side of the headphones. I put them on in bed one morning when I woke up early. The flashing filled the room and woke my wife up who wasn't best impressed!

Minor inconvenience though and excellent product. Highly recommend.
on 5 July 2015
i have another pair of headphones from August the 650 version which have oblong ear pieces , these have a slight turn ability for comfort sadly this 640 version does not have this option , also the 640does not sit around the ear like the 650 version so will not be as comfortable for the longer period of listing " like watching films ect . " , i also found that the head piece off this headset even with arms extended full feels a lot tighter on the head than the other version.

the controls are exactly the same as other version does have as the sound quality appear to be the same , again sadly no abilty to increase bass/ trebble , however the base on these headphones " like the others " is good , just lets themselves down with the soft spoken people - where trebble would help to boost ability to hear them.

the battery is a built in rechargable type and if its like the 650 version this battery will charge full within 2 hours from empty and will last approx 10 hours.

the build quality of these headphone is exceptional and each arm is hinged so they are easily stored when not in use.

so to sum up , a good pair of headphones with a long running life and decent sound ,but sadly i would prefure the august 650 over these august 640 especialy for long period wearing periods.
on 14 November 2014
I have to admit I was skeptical about all the positive reviews on here. Surely for £35 these had to be average at best, right? Now I'm no audiophile but I'm blown away by these headphones. They have absolutely no right to sound as good as they do for the price!! I'm sure a true audiophile would be able to point out how these lack compared to a pair of Beats or whatever, but for 1/10 the price, who cares?! I guarantee Beats don't sound 10 times better than these. Better? Sure. But not by much. Haven't owned them long enough to test battery or reliability yet, but sound quality (mix of dance, RnB, classical) and comfort are excellent. Bass isn't resounding, but more than adequate. Now contemplating getting the EP650's as well to see if they are better at this, but couldn't be happier with these. You could have a pair of both for under £70! Brilliant.