5.0 out of 5 stars A slightly new sound and it works!
Another great album by The Courteeners. Took a few days for it to grow on me and then I saw them live at the Liverpool O2 where they played a few of the songs. Really pleased with the album and I'd put it up with some of Liams best work. How Good It Was is one of my favourite songs The Courteeners have made!
Published 21 days ago by Doug

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed but not devastated
I was extremely nervous in the weeks leading up to the release of Concrete Love thinking there was no way it would be as good as their last epic album Anna; but incredibly, after a few listens I realised to my amazement, I was right, it’s not :-(
Published 9 days ago by incredaboy

5.0 out of 5 stars A slightly new sound and it works!, 30 Aug 2014
Doug (North Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing album to come out of Paris, Whitby and Ancoats. Top band; top album., 6 Sep 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
An album to completely fall in love with, the band have managed to produce an album that is the 'right amount of different' and brilliant at the same. The band have evolved since their debut album, 'St Jude', and whilst there is no way I'll ever tire of hearing 'Not Nineteen Forever' and 'Acrylic', there must be a reason why this album has followed me everywhere since its release.

'Falcon' sounded different to Jude and 'Anna' showed a change again. 'Concrete Love' does exactly what you want from an album and it keeps you guessing. I've got my favourite tracks ('How Good It Was' and 'Small Bones'), my go to songs, then I change my mind and fall completely in love with another track ('Beautiful Head'). But, that's why I love the album: they're all my favourites.

For those lucky enough to have the deluxe version, the DVD recording of the Castlefield Bowl gig is amazing. Memories were made that night: Concrete Love will fit right in to the brilliant gigs (as it did at Liverpool O2 on album release day) and I'm certainly glad this album is on my playlist.

You've done it again, lads: here come the young men.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth a Listen!, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
Love the album- haven't listened to anything else in my car since I bought it. Slightly different sound to their previous albums, but still very much 'The Courteeners'. As with all albums some tracks are better than others- but those that are amazing make it well worth the buy!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed but not devastated, 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... when I saw the album artwork as it's not like them, but an excellent album, 19 Sep 2014
I was quite dubious when I saw the album artwork as it's not like them, but an excellent album! Quite different to their previous albums but still brilliant. Don't judge an album by the artwork.

2.0 out of 5 stars Average!, 19 Sep 2014
Average at best. Shame really because I like this band a lot, but this album is not there best.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good album - needs a few listens at first but ..., 24 Aug 2014
A very good album - needs a few listens at first but after a week I'm really liking it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The sound of a band at the top of their game, 6 Sep 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
This is an album that you'll grow to love like your favourite pair of pants. Simple

3.0 out of 5 stars Rushed out too soon, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
There are some good tracks on here, but ultimately, its about an EPs worth, with a lot of filler. Definitely the weakest of their albums, and the production is disappointing, a lot of ambient noise kicking about, which blunts a lot of Liam's lyrics. When I read through the lyric book, I was pretty excited, but then the music lets it down. Feels like Liam wrote a load of lyrics, and then rushed out some songs... could have done with a lot more time spent on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Sep 2014
The Courteeners just keep getting better.

Concrete Love