Size: Printer With Start Up Toner|Change

on 10 September 2015
Purchased this as a replacement for a Brother 2040 laser I purchased many years ago as rollers had got shiny and paper began rucking up.. Easy to install it is much faster than my old model. It prints well but I share the concern of other reviewers have that the two line LED screen is very difficult to read. I have the unit in my home built in office below desk top height and now when the printer sends me a message I have to get my torch out to read it. Don't understand it as the old model printer managed a lighted instruction screen. Had the machine a couple of weeks now and it does all I want but I would be unable to recommend it if its to be kept on a pull out shelf unless you buy a torch. Shame as I have a brother colour printer and the last mono printer all worked really well with no problems.
on 2 September 2015
It is OK. and I am learning to live with it. Instructions are very poor and, of course , you have to find and download them on the internet. The quality of the print is perfectly adequate but not exactly dazzling compared with my previous Canon Pixma inkjet. To print envelopes is an absolute pain ! One has to open flaps, rearrange levers and adjust tabs and feed envelopes in one at a time. Diabolical !
In fairness , the price is very attractive, so perhaps I expect too much
on 5 May 2016
This is a basic laser printer which performs well, within its stated specification. Quality and speed of printing are good and pages can be printed double-sided if desired. The printer can also be used as a stand alone copier. There is no wifi connection available with this machine But for someone who does not require wifi, this is a selling point! At current prices on Amazon the same printer with wifi costs about £40 more.

The detailed instructions are only available online and, frankly, they are disappointing. The authors have included within one document a range of instructions covering machines with different capabilities. The result is a whole tract of writing with a maze of conflicting instructions and exclusions throughout. As an online document the instructions do not cost the manufacturers much beyond the initial drafting. A competent technical author should be able to produce a model-specific document in an hour or two. This would be far more helpful to a new purchaser trying to get to grips with an unfamilar machine.
on 13 April 2015
Best for basic home / home office use, low running cost because ink does not run out like the inkjet cartridges.
wifi connection would have made me give 5 stars.
on 28 November 2015
Great printer at a great price. Works perfectly, and is almost silent in operation. I have it attached to a central print server on my router and all the Pcs can print centrally very easily. I havent tried the scanner yet, but the copy function is also very clear and precise.
on 1 August 2015
Just as good as I thought great printer, scanner and copier what more do I need. And for the price its a good bargain. The toner is also cheaper with good yield but not the one that comes with the printer.
on 10 September 2015
Replaced my ink jet printer with this. It starts and prints quickly. Very easy to set up and operate. Its only black & white, not colour, but worth that sacrifice for the reliability and speed.
on 11 November 2014
Very nice printer, prints quickly and with no fuss (auto duplex is a bit slower but still works well).
I've had similar Brother printers before, they all have cheap toners and easy to use functions, and this one is no exception (sure, it came with no USB cable, but this is a really minor thing, as everyone has a bunch lying around or one can be bought for about a pound).
on 27 October 2015
Fast and reliable laser printer/scanner/copier bought at fair price after discount.Brother DCP-L2500D A4 Multifunction Mono Laser Printer
on 13 February 2016
Excellent printer, quick, quiet and reliable. Happy on bigger print runs and the scanner is excellent too. Negatives- can't think of any.