on 3 September 2014
Filthy Beautiful Lies (Filthy Beautiful Lies #1) by Kendall Ryan
4 stars!!

“If Becca’s illness has taught me anything, it’s that life can be taken away from you in an instant. I’ve been wasting mine. And even though I don’t know what’s next, I know I don’t want to continue to live like I was."

I have to say that I loved this book. I connected with both of the main characters and I absolutely love the brothers! This is a love story where the main characters are not supposed to fall in love, what!! I hear you say…this is not your typical love story at all.

Sophie is a selfless individual, but she desperately needs money and needs it fast. After exhausting all possible avenues and “get rich quick” schemes Sophie finally realises that she will have to auction off the only thing she has left of any value…her virginity! Thinking being a prostitute would bring in the money she needs and quick, Sophie’s expectations are brought crashing down to earth, but she is informed about a “club” whereby girls are auctioned off to the highest bidder for six months of their life and being that she was a virgin, her price would be high. Reluctantly, she agrees and is soon bought for more money than she could ever have hoped for. Having sent the money to the person that needs it, Sophie begins her six month contract, but all is not as it seems.

“I want to step down off the humiliating stage I’ve been made to stand on. I want my clothes. But I remain rooted in place, realizing for the first time that my actions are no longer my own.”

Colton Drake buys Sophie, not his normal MO, he normally likes them broken in and trained but he could see how uncomfortable she was and did not like the man that was leading the bidding, he felt sorry for her and raised the ante. Now what to do with her?

Colton had gone to the auction on the fly, he was not looking for anything serious, he wanted a companion and no strings sex. This is hard to believe coming from a man that was sex on a stick, I mean, why would he need to “buy” someone? Surely a man this good looking and this rich could have his pick and would have women flocking to him like bees around honey. Colton is guarded and secretive, it is obvious that he has skeletons and something from his past has determined the man that he is today. Could this contract be just what Colton and Sophie need?

Colton is adamant that this is just another contract, as long as he can keep Sophie at arm’s length and not let her in they will both get along fine, but these two have a connection whether they like it or not, yes, it was not meant to happen, now they both have to make a decision, do they fight it or embrace it?

“You could cut the sexual tension between us with a knife – it’s a real and visceral need permeating the air around us. And each night I’m expected to cuddle up to a shirtless, buff, delicious smelling man, lay in his arms and be the perfect little obedient bedmate. The problem with all this? It’s effing confusing.”

This book was a really enjoyable read; it was sizzling with steam and sizzling with chemistry. These two could easily have burned down a house. Slowly but surely you were let into Colton’s back story and could come to understand why he was the man he was today, but he has demons to fight and they must be destroyed before he can even begin to comprehend a future for himself. There are a lot of battles ahead for these two and this book is just the beginning.

This was an addictive story that I couldn’t help but read in one sitting. It had me gripped from start to finish with a lot of angst on the way. I loved Colton with a passion. He was a wounded soul that I just wanted to smother with love and protect. Yes this is quite the journey, but as this is just the beginning I am eagerly anticipating the next leg of their story. I think that these two have quite a few hurdles to overcome but I am sitting here brimming with positivity that this will work out for them.

“I’d been trying like hell to hold her at a distance – to keep her separate from my personal life – but there’s no denying it, she’s all I think about. She’s all I want. Though it’s entirely honest, the realization scares me. And it feels nice to be touched. Even if it’s not real.”

I can’t wait for the next one!!
mmm mmm is what i think. I want to be owned by Colton Drake and I also need Book 2 and am thinking of ways to get a hold of it early.

Colton, you delicious fine specimen of a man you. Having purchased Sophie for six months, and not knowing that he was getting an innocent, he has to adjust what he is going to do with her and this is where the deliciousness begins.

If you can imagine the perfect body and c*ck in a suit, with a touch of alpha businessman, firm in what he wants but never showing his ass! thankfully, that is what Sophie went home with.

I wasn't expecting a dark read, I may have been expecting a bit more of a rougher ride for Sophie as she was purchased, but when I read it, all that fell away and I was just in bliss as i wanted what ever for these characters as long as they would be together and be happy. Yes I was in love with them. I was also in love with the secondary characters, he has brothers. ;-)

I couldn't hear a thing in my head until the ending came and the sound of my jaw hitting the deck and a great big 'You have got to be f&(king kidding me' screamed out.... scared the crap out of me....Damn!!!! What an ending!! I was ready to go get someone.

More more more more more please.....I am a greedy book slut I need so much more of Colton and Sophie.
on 13 August 2015
So, thank god I was one of the lucky one's that got to get their hands on this book early because let me tell you it was worth it. Kendall isn't kidding when she says that Colton Drake is going to own your ass. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

This is the story of young Sophie, who desperate for money, and down on her luck decides to auction off her virginity. I know what you're thinking, what kind of idiot auctions off their virginity? But like with all her other books, Kendall makes you totally buy that this reasonably intelligent and strong woman would do this. Sometimes with plot points like this you read them and you as the reader just sit there and shake your head while saying, yeah ok. But it's not like that here.

Luckily she is purchased by none other than the before mentioned Colton Drake. Ah Colton. Every woman should get to meet a Colton Drake in their life. Just once. Because my god he's pretty damn near perfect, that is except for the boat load of baggage that he's dragging along behind him.

I think that was what I loved most about this book. The well formed characters are what made it for me. Sophie is a strong, sexual woman. You would think since her storyline consists of her selling herself she would be weak and mild, but she'd not. And Colton is every chicks wet dream of a book boyfriend. He's kind and considerate while still being dominate and sexy.

Naturally, as with any book, the two start to find that they are more drawn to each other than either had ever intended to be. But the beauty of the book is that it takes its time in nurturing the relationship and builds it at a pace that is believable.

I love Kendall Ryan's books. They're fun flirty reads that take you away from all of the crap of the day. They're like pulling on your favorite sweater, comfortable, warm, and loved. Fair warning though, this ends on a hell of a cliffhanger so prepare yourself for the blood curdling scream that is going to rip from your face when you realize that your Kindle was not in fact lying and that you are indeed 100% through it. Loved this book.
on 23 June 2015
This is the first book I've read by Kendall Ryan and I would definitely recommend and look forward to reading the rest!!
I really enjoyed this story, I love a book with an alpha business man and a shy sweet girl who gives in to passion. The connection between Colton and Sophie is lovely and hot.
mmm mmm is what i think. I want to be owned by Colton Drake!!! Mmmm and his brothers too damn are they just as scolding hot!!
I couldn't put this book down, it had me hooked from the very beginning.
I couldn't hear a thing in my head until the ending came and the sound of my jaw hitting the deck and a great big 'You have got to be f&(king kidding me' screamed out.... scared the crap out of me....Damn!!!! What an ending!! I wasn't ready for that at all!!!
on 4 October 2014
Why in God's name did no one offer a million dollars for my virginity? Especially someone like Colton Drake, who is by the way, my new favouritist book boyfriend.

So checklist for best book bf:

1. Rich - tick
2. Private jet - tick
3. Buys her clothes - tick
4. Hung - big tick
5. Big house on the beach - tick

He got it all going on.

Now let's talk about Stella. Yep the secret is there. She's the rhyme and the reason.

In true Kendall style, left gasping, left wanting, left hanging, left breathless, left wishing my life away for book 2 to come.

Had a Kendall fest going on. 4 books in 2 days. Sweeeeeeeeeeet.
on 8 February 2016
As I started reading this book I realised I had read it before. Indeed when searching the cloud I found I had downloaded the series a year back. The change in the title( adding the series title and book number) meant it was recognised as a different book. So beware and check first. Much as I enjoyed it, I am glad I only Dow!loaded the first book of the series the second time around.
on 15 April 2016
Loved it. Wasn't expecting a slow-burning love affair but that's what it was. Beautifully written. Adore Sophie and Colton. One-clicked the sequel immediately because that ending - holy cow, need to know what happens next. Absolutely superb. Best KR book I've read so far.

I received a free copy of this book from the author as a mailing list subscriber.
on 15 November 2014
I loved this book, i love a book with an alpha business man and a shy sweet girl who gives in to passion. The connection between Colton and Sophie is lovely and hot. i couldnt put this book down, it had me hooked straight away and i read it until i finished and then it ended on a cliffhanger so i started book 2 straight away. Great story.
on 25 November 2014
I have marked this book less as I tried a sample first and was really hooked. Arrogant aloha male who has bought a sex slave. That'll do nicely. Then Drake changes character completely and is suddenly a really sweet guy who wants to cuddle? It's not a bad book at all but is nothing like the description or the sample implies.
on 5 October 2014
Great read, you won't be dissapointed. Well written, you will really enjoy reading the story line. It's not often that I leave 5 star review for the book, this one I can highly recommend. Kendall Ryan has a true gift. I am looking forward to the 2nd part and her other books.