5.0 out of 5 stars A fan's journey through Space and Time
Covering all 26 seasons of the original series as well as the 1996 TV movie, this book takes a look at each adventure of the Time Lord offering fresh insights, often diverging from the 'established fan wisdom' and cliche opinions which can be found in many a 'Who book
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars but it is nice to see a point of view that does not ...
Yes it is subjective and no I don't agree with him all the time , but it is nice to see a point of view that does not follow the norm . A good read but probably one for fans of the show only , read it get annoyed but enjoy it , all in all not bad .
Published 4 months ago by B. E. Littleton

5.0 out of 5 stars A fan's journey through Space and Time, 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Stuart Reviews Doctor Who. Book One: The Classic Era: One Man's Unofficial And Completely Subjective Take On 50 Years Of Adventures In Time & Space (Kindle Edition)
This makes for a very entertaining read, often funny and thought provoking. Some of the entries have made me reconsider my own opinions - and others had me wildly disagreeing!
The kindle table of contents makes it possible to jump to a favourite story and there are 'bonus' articles ranking each Doctor's adventures.
This will appeal to a new fan just begining to explore the series and a long time follower wanting to hear some new takes on their favourite series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fefreshing, exciting, and highly entertaining read, 4 Jan. 2015
There have been many books written about Doctor Who but none quite like this one. It is the raw, honest, objective opinions of a long-time fan, written with clarity and humour, and I laughed out loud on many occasions. What was most refreshing for me as a fellow fan was the reevaluation of stories that have, for whatever reason, been placed on a pedestal and made immune to criticism due to the "received wisdom" of Doctor Who fandom at large, or those that have been unfairly maligned over the years purely because others have stated (as fact) that a particuarly story is poor and that's that. Why does Doctor Who fandom think, for example, that something like Genesis of the Daleks is utterly flawless whilst Revenge of the Cybermen is a total failure and a cheap misfire? You may not entirely agree with Stuart's opinions but he makes a mighty strong case for the defence on numerous occasions.

I can heartily recommend this book to any Doctor Who fan. It is written with passion, objectivity, and humour and never fails to strike a chord. There are plenty of Doctor Who books out there written by fans who are a little too close to the show, but this is fresh and exciting; something I didn't think would be possible with a Doctor Who book, and especially one that was released over half a century since the show's inception.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really looking forward to book 2!, 1 Oct. 2014
What a fantastic read, I completed it within 2 days. It's interesting, funny, articulate and great to see a book that looks at Doctor Who from a different angle. The razor wit throughout is brilliant and given the depth of knowledge, Stuart Milne is surely the foremost Doctor Who writer to emerge in recent decades.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stuart Reviews Doctor Who (or "The One with the Title that my Kindle sounds hilarious reading out while on the Fast Setting"), 27 Oct. 2014
Stuart Reviews Doctor Who ★★★★☆

I love Doctor Who and I love expressing my opinions of episodes on the internet such as the Facebook Page I am an admin on, "Doctor Who: The Missing Episodes" (Shameless Advertising, I regret nothing!) and I always look forwards to hearing reviews on Doctor Who from MrTARDISreviews and of course, Stuart Milne.

I have enjoyed reading his reviews of The Tom Baker years all the way to The Matt Smith years but I never got around to reading his thoughts on The William Hartnell years to The Jon Pertwee years. Upon purchasing this book, I blocked everything around me and just sat down to had a good read, and as usual, he does not disappoint.

Like most reviewers and critics, Stuart speaks seriously about each story but also applies a humorous touch to them. (That probably sounded better in my head. Guess which episode I'm referencing.) They are all very enjoyable to read and take an in-depth look at each story, especially "The Dalek Master Plan."

The reason I am giving this four stars is because of the format on Kindle. Some of the "o" vowels in words show as "0" and sometimes (though very rarely) there are massive gaps in between text. More importantly, the images are absent. On his online blog, his reviews are accompanied by various screenshots with funny captions underneath, but this doesn't seem to be the case with this e-book. I am not sure if it is just my Kindle (as I own one of the first types of Kindle) or if it is made that way, but I hope they are included in the second book.

I enjoyed these reviews a lot and I will definitely be buying the Second Book based on the Modern Series when he publishes it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read although you're not going to agree with everything, 27 Oct. 2014
I found this to be a very refreshing subjective analysis of the classic era of Doctor Who. For once, this guy gives his very honest opinions on most of the Doctor Who stories and he gives (RIGHTFULLY) positive reviews of criminally underrated stories like The Gunfighters. I agree with him when he says it is bulls##t that it is regarded as one of the worst stories ever, and he gives a great critical assessment on why it is such a great story. It's this type of going against received wisdom that makes me enjoy Stuart's reviews in general. Not only that, but most of his reviews are hysterically funny. You're probably not going to agree with him on everything, but it's most definitely worth a read for the reasons I've listed. Looking forward to book 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Docto Who (or, Why Received Wisdom Can Be Misleading), 11 Nov. 2014
Svilena Dimitrova (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I started following Stuart's blog in June 2012, as he was just about to embark on reviewing Season 11. His style immediately captivated me, because it was casual and enthusiastic. I follow his blog religiously to this day and think that I am not the only one to do it. High praise,indeed! Mon then!

3.0 out of 5 stars but it is nice to see a point of view that does not ..., 11 Sept. 2014
B. E. Littleton (South wales UK) - See all my reviews