5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gallon, Grand Gad About, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Great Galloon (Paperback)
Tom Banks' first book is a marvellous, silly, in fact somewhat ridiculous adventure, not only for 8 - 12 year olds, but, ahem, older kids too - I am 39...my excuse is that I have nieces and nephews...
It's written in the tradition of the books I grew up with - it's got proper words and ideas in it, and actual real sometimes challenging vocabulary and sentences put together with skill, and a proper sense of fantasy (and minimal gimmickry). It's a right good read told with a vivid voice and a zingy sense of humour.
In short, it's like Terry Pratchett for younger readers, with a dash of Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones thrown in. Yes, I give this book 5 stars, and 3 Terries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 April 2014
This review is from: The Great Galloon (Paperback)
I'm age 9 and have just finished reading this fab book. Well done Tom Banks! The book is exciting and great for children aged little and big! The book was amazing and very adventurous. I especially liked the Brunt and I cant help feeling a little sorry for him. But over all I loved it and could read it over and over again. It was silly and funny and made me laugh out loud. My Dad bought it for me so thank you dad!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and hugely enjoyable, 19 April 2013
This review is from: The Great Galloon (Paperback)
I loved this book, it's perfect for kids of all ages, big or little! It made me laugh out loud repeatedly, mostly thanks to lots of brilliant characters, a really exciting story and a hugely imaginative setting. But also thanks to a slightly incontinent seagle. Would definitely recommend reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Galloon, 13 April 2013
This review is from: The Great Galloon (Paperback)
Brilliant service on purchasing. A fantastical adventure that I really enjoyed reading to our grandkids. They are still a bit young for the story but I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like acting on stage, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Great Galloon (Paperback)
We all used to read to Bella - now she does to us. It will be very interesting because she is very creative with her expressions and facial gestures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 July 2014
This review is from: The Great Galloon (Paperback)
My grandson enjoyed this book. Great transaction. Thanks.