1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars Something to pass the time, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: My Deadly Obsession (Kindle Edition)
My Deadly Obsession is a short story by Matt Shaw. It outlines the dangers in the media coverage that celebrities now receive and one man’s struggle with an Obsession this media coverage is feeding.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed in this book, there are a few reasons for this but the main thing for me is that I was expecting something just a little more gritty and unnerving. I expected this one to be a bit stronger than it is, but that’s just me. I guess I just didn’t feel like anything really happened in it.

I can’t really talk about the rest of the book without ruining it for any who want to read it, but I can say this, personally I felt that the end of the story was a bit of a let down. I’d be interested to see what other people’s reaction to it is though and whether it’s just me.

All in all it’s a simple, short story which will help you pass some time on. I’m happy I read it because I’ve been meaning to try out some of Mr Shaw’s work for a while.

I’ll be reading more of his books because I want to see what I’ve heard about and see just how gritty it gets.

My Deadly Obsession