5.0 out of 5 stars Great read
I love this book. it's really different from the normal romances (historical & modern) and the characters are really likeable.
I read this before 'Lord of the Storm' and I'm not sure if that's why I prefer this one, but I think it's equally as good.
Published on 30 Jun 2011 by D. Greenlees

3.0 out of 5 stars MORE ADVENTURES WITH THE COALITION.
Published on 3 Jan 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars MORE ADVENTURES WITH THE COALITION., 3 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This is the sequel to 'Lord of the Storm'. Captain Califa Claxton, friend of Shaylah Graymist from 'Lord of the Storm' now wears a control collar herself and is in prison. When 'Skypirate' Dax accidentally rescues her, it begins a series of adventures which lead them back to Trios and justice for their past lives. As with the previous book the story is more important than the sci-fi element. Whilst not quite as good as 'Lord of the Storm',it is well worth reading. I hope Justine Davis returns to Trios one day, for further stories.

3.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable SciFi tale, 4 July 2004
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
THE SYPIRATE is the sequel to LORD OF THE STORM and centres around CALIFA, the Coalition officer who gave WOLF to SHAYLA.
CALIFA is held responsible for WOLF's escape and as a result is surgically implanted with a gold collar and forced to become a slave. Though MS DAVIS only hints at the subjugation inflicted on the ex-Coalition officer during her year of slavery, we are told enough to admire her strong spirit which the Coalition has failed to break. In dire times CALIFA pictures WOLF and takes strength from his memory and the innate pride he carried despite his position.
DAX is a living legend, a skypirate with a motley crew, their only common bond a deep hatred of the Coalition. He is a rare TRIOTIAN male, a son of the evening star, not golden as is the norm of his planet but darkly handsome. Even more rare, he is a man who can wield the flashbow, a Triotian weapon that only those of the truest heart can fire. He has spent 6 years recklessly embracing suicidal missions, feeling he failed his homeworld by not being present to help defend it from the Coalition. Not until he meets CALIFA does he realise that some TRIOTANS survived the attack, and hearing her story, is angered to discover his Prince was kept as her sex slave. Despite his hatred of all things CALIFA'S previous lifestyle stood for, he is overwhelming attracted to her, and finding the attraction mutual begins to believe that maybe he has a future to live for after all. But first he must stand trial on TRIOTIA for piracy, a crime punishable by either execution or permanent exile - in his eyes both are death sentences. His judge is PRINCE DARE (WOLF), his greatest childhood friend, yet he has in tow the woman responsible for the new kings slavery.
The courtroom scenes are incredibly moving and the definite highlight of an action packed story. If you loved LORD OF THE STORM you will not be left disappointed by its sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 30 Jun 2011
D. Greenlees - See all my reviews
I gave my 65-year old mother this to read (as she's rather fond of romances) and once she'd gotten over the shock that it wasn't set on Earth, to my surprise she liked it.
I've read this book numerous times now, and there's not many romances I can say that about.