5.0 out of 5 stars Completely excellent in every way.
This is a brilliant book, and expresses the experience of a journey nobody wants to have to make. It has real honesty, humour and great charm that give it a really un-put-downable-factor. I appreciate it is not a work of fiction, so I feel very relieved for the creator is able to give it the ending she has.
Published 8 months ago by Sarah Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Good book but I hadn't realised it was going to be a comic strip.
I think the book was a little overpriced for its contents.
Published 3 months ago by Charlotte Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely excellent in every way., 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Probably Nothing: A diary of not-your-average nine months (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncompromising yet hugely entertaining, 23 Aug. 2014
Dave Barter - See all my reviews
Many people have written about their struggle with cancer but very few have managed to properly elucidate the landscape of emotion that surrounds them. Matilda's book manages to do this amazingly effectively both in the words and the drawings of the author. Not a single punch is pulled throughout the book as Matlida strafes the reader with her honest opinion and emotions. Sometimes I laughed along with her observations, other times I was pushed back into my seat as her perspective challenged my own preconceived view of the cancer sufferer. She not only paints a landscape of a time of life but also neatly snapshots the observations of an urban dweller. Never again will I pass a pi**ed tramp without imagining what he is thinking of me .. and whether he is right. This book was undoubtedly born from adversity but manages to celebrate the individual and their need for emotion. Matilda got off the cancer sufferer stereotype bus at the first stop and walked instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average cancer story!, 18 Aug. 2014
Having bought myself a copy of this book, I went straight out and bought four more copies to give to friends!
You might expect a book about someone's experience of cancer treatment during pregnancy to be a tough read, but Matilda's fresh and witty account is as likely to have you laughing as reaching for the Kleenex - which is not to suggest that such an experience is easy to deal with, but that when you are living through it, you are still the fully rounded person you always were with the same brain and the same sense of humour - neither more nor less noble, neither more nor less brave, but almost certainly 10 times as scared. Pregnancy is both exciting and scary and exhausting when everything else is going well. Cancer is s*** in every way, but life is good, and a life dealing with huge and terrifying stuff perhaps sharpens the senses - certainly seems to have here anyway! I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... comic book gets top marks from me and I recommend it heartily, 25 Sept. 2014
Lizzy (East London) - See all my reviews
This comic book gets top marks from me and I recommend it heartily. I don't think I've ever read a book twice in a row straightaway before but also it's a book to dip into again and again, because Matilda's diary of a terrifying, painful time is also funny and beautiful, and observations of life from her perspective are so compelling to read. The drawings are just the right amount of spare and each little line and wiggle so expressive, the words and pictures between them tell the story perfectly. This is the kind of book that I can see I'll need to buy more than once!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing...a must buy!!, 7 Sept. 2014
AMAZING comic. I was crying one minute, then laughing the next! What a brave person to put their sometimes funny, sometimes disgusting, and completely crappy (no pun intended!) situation of cancer whilst pregnant, printed for the world to see. I hope to see a follow up in the future of life after, with difficulties of bringing up a toddler!! Recommended this to all my friends and family

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and moving!, 29 Aug. 2014
A really moving - and funny - memoir of a nightmare situation; being diagnosed with cancer in the early stages of your first pregnancy. A brave and honest book with a lovely sense of scale, of the everyday alongside such big decisions and thoughts of life and death, a brilliant observational eye for detail and particularly for characters - for the hilarious, stupid, and kind things people say, too. And a lovely colour palette, none of which stray in to the maudlin, as anything on this subject so easily could. Also full of good advice on what to say and do (and what not to) if anyone you know receives a similar diagnosis. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Aug. 2014
Brilliant! Really the best, most honest and funny account of what it feels like to go through this awful disease. Can't recommend it enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Uplifting Book, 7 Oct. 2014
S. Hussain "Sam Hussain" (London) - See all my reviews
I had to pace myself with this book - I found it uplifting and funny at times and totally honest and angry, despairing at others. A real emotional rollercoaster which was enhanced by the totally wonderful cartoon which accompanied the writing. The relationships with her family and friends were so beautiful and the feelings about pretty much everyone else so funny I loved it. The one tiny complaint was ..... I wanted more of the 'after', what happened once treatment finished, how did she feel?

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 25 Sept. 2014
This is an astonishing roller-coaster of a read through Matilda's 'not-your-average nine months', and beyond. In turn hilarious, and heart-rending, her story grips you from Frame 1. It is ultimately very uplifting, as Matilda's humanity, and that of her partner, shine through the darkest of days. Anyone who has experience of cancer, or any life-threatening illness, will find comfort and interest here. I am so pleased that they are now a family of 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars The brilliant, heart-breaking and life affirming pictures plus a hilarious ..., 19 Aug. 2014
This book is is an essential read - for everyone. The brilliant ,heart-breaking and life affirming pictures plus a hilarious and sometimes harrowing narrative combine to give us a clear eyed, startling , funny picture of what it's like to have cancer, be pregnant, be 30, live in Hackney, have fun, have a tremendous partner, feel terrified etc etc. And out of it all comes gorgeous James. This book should be standard fare in all health care settings.