5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining - never a dull page!
Published 7 months ago by SARAH BROOKES

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Enjoyed it.
Published 7 days ago by Susan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining - never a dull page!, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: No Place Like Home, Thank God: A 22,000 Mile Bicycle Ride Around Europe (Kindle Edition)
What a Journey - once I started it I literally had to keep reading until the end! His descriptions of people and places along the way made me feel like I was right beside him on his epic journey and he kept me laughing all the way along! A definite must read - I was full of admiration for his sheer determination to keep going when I know I would have probably given up two days into the massive journey. I can't wait for his next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, entertains and thought provoking, 8 Mar. 2015
A superb book I devoured in two days. Witty and positive it also gives a great insight to the author who comes across as a top bloke! It does make you want to chuck in the rat race and hats off to Steven for having done it. I would love a follow on as I am sure such a monumental journey had many other stories which never made the final edit.

The joie de vivre of the first six months does get worn down at the end of the third stage but I am certain I would feel the same.

It puts me in mind of French Revolutions but without the bile - high praise indeed and if you are into cycling do try French Revolutions as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT your usual desperately dull travelogue..., 19 Aug. 2014
A travelogue with a difference! BIG laughs, pithy observations on life, the universe and everything else and simply great stories. A great read from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking and funny, 11 Aug. 2014
This book made me laugh out loud as well as ponder the meaning of life; for anyone who has ever ridden a bike, done a bit of travelling or eaten food. Worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun and a great read, 22 Aug. 2014
Great read. Laugh out loud funny. Made me tired just reading it but good on him for keeping on going. Looking forward to the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 24 Mar. 2015
I loved every minute of this book I was sad to get to the end of it. The book has a huge message to all of us that we wrap ourselves in cotton wool and never really grab life by the balls and live by the seat of our pants. I would love to meet the author to find out more about his other journeys. Overall great book and I would probably read it again maybe after doing my own journey just to compare stories thanks to the author for a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cycling Travelogue par excellence, 12 Dec. 2014
Mr. K. Prior (England) - See all my reviews
Quite a long book but it did not take long to read. It matched my sense of humour exactly and was interesting and informative too. I would not have minded if it had been twice as long. There are a lot of good long distance cycle touring books out there but this ranks up there with Baguettes and Bicycles and Across Europe on a Bike called Reggie. If you have read and enjoyed either of these then you are sure to love this one too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 22 Aug. 2014
I really enjoyed this book! The author has a witty vision of life and a special sense of humour. Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Aug. 2014
a great read witty funny and full of admiration for steven and what he has achieved christine barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, 27 Feb. 2015
Really enjoyed this book, it was just right for a holiday read and Steven's style of writing made me laugh out loud. What a journey which also proves that you can do anything you set your mind to, and it was heart warming to hear about the kindness of strangers all around Europe. I look forward to reading about any future adventures Steven undertakes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›