4.0 out of 5 stars An Exciting Novel
Published 7 months ago by ACB(swansea)

3.0 out of 5 stars Had me gripped at the start but then I got a little bored!
I have loved all of Jacqui Rose's books, and have always given 5 stars, but sadly this one has fallen a bit short.
The beginning of the story had me gripped and had me thinking that the story was going to stay within the era, but then it leapt forward up to the present day and this is where I started to get a little bored.

I found some of the story a bit...
Published 2 months ago by tiggs2

4.0 out of 5 stars An Exciting Novel, 15 Aug. 2014
ACB(swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Avenged (Kindle Edition)
Patrick Doyle and Mary O'Flanagan are teenagers in love, dreaming of a future together. However, this is Ireland in 1979, when strong family and religious influences were pervasive and any transgression dealt with harshly however traumatic. The hopes and desires of the youngsters are dashed by personal events, Patrick also bearing the consequences of a trumped up police charge, all leaving him physically and emotionally scarred. Jacqui Rose elaborates on these in detail before moving the action to present day London. Patrick is a marked man who has to keep ahead of ruthless pursuers as well as his own personal hellish problems. He is driven tirelessly in pursuit of vengeance.

This is an engaging read from Jacqui Rose. Suspense, intrigue and character interaction flow throughout the narrative. The plot line is cleverly established without any obvious giveaways. An enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Jacqui Rose books, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Avenged (Kindle Edition)
I remember the first one I bought and could not put down and that has not stopped as I have gone on to read the rest of them. The story was gripping from beginning to end it had you guessing with every new chapter and still had you guessing again. I can not wait for the next one in 2015.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jacqui at her best., 17 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Avenged (Kindle Edition)
could not put this book down, read it over 2 days. a great read for lovers of Martina Cole fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Had me gripped at the start but then I got a little bored!, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Avenged (Kindle Edition)

I found some of the story a bit "twee" at times, and to be totally honest I got fed up with reading how many of the characters were crying at any given time. It seemed that in every few pages, and in most chapters, someone had some tears forming, falling or they were on the verge of!
Its not like me as I love a good sob story ( which this book isn't) but this got on my nerves as It happened countless times. Sorry to be a little negative but I only wanted this review to be honest.
The main villain of the book came across as some kind of surreal superhuman too, so in all I didn' enjoy it as much as all the other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars AVENGED, 15 Aug. 2014
Amanda "sac" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Avenged (Kindle Edition)
Ireland 1979 and Patrick Doyle and Mary O'Flanagan are teenage sweethearts hoping to one day get married. However ahead of them lies deceit and misery as lives are ruined, and when Patrick is punished for a crime he did not commit all that he has to look forward to is a miserable future.
The story moves forward to present day London where Patrick is not only fighting the demons from his past, but also trying to protect his loved ones as they attempt to survive in the heart of gangster land.
A compelling read which in my opinion is this author's best novel to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 25 Aug. 2014
J. A. Ryder (Hednesford, Staffs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenged (Kindle Edition)
Another great read from Jacqui. I like how characters from her other books are woven into the story. Read it in a couple of sittings as couldn't wait to see how this ended. Can't wait for the next one in 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Avenged, brilliant, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Avenged (Kindle Edition)
Could not put it down, you go through different emotions when reading this book from shock to elation at the end. I am a Martina Cole fan, and this is on the same level can't wait for the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Avenged, 21 Aug. 2014
What to say!!!!!
Get it, read it and love it!!!!
Can't wait for the next book!!!!!
I actually cried at the end of this one!!!!
Fan bloody tastic!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Avenged (Kindle Edition)
brilliant read only managed to put it down to make a cuppa a few times. I love how characters from previous books are bought into the story as they're set in Soho too full of everything you want from a good read can't wait for her next release

5.0 out of 5 stars It was the best book i have read for ages, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Avenged (Kindle Edition)
It was the best book i have read for ages. It is a really tear jerker. The best book Jacqui Rose has written. Brilliant. Can't wait for her new book, I have oredered it already.

Brilliant Jacqui Keep it up