5.0 out of 5 stars I first met Robin a few years ago on one ...
Published 11 months ago by Gyrfalcon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not massively impressed. Bought this as wanted to identify ...
Not massively impressed. Bought this as wanted to identify edible plants and a black& white illustration not the most helpful with this.
Published 1 month ago by S. R. J. Brenchley

5.0 out of 5 stars I first met Robin a few years ago on one ..., 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Eatweeds Gourmet Wild Food Recipes (Volume Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I first met Robin a few years ago on one of his wild food foraging expeditions. He dazzled me then, as now, with his knowledge of wild plants and with the culinary imagination he shows in creating new and innovative ways to incorporate the wild into what turn out to be tasty treats. (It was he who taught me how to eat a raw nettle leaf without stinging my tongue!) Most of the plants he has chosen for this first volume are common wild plants and "weeds" that many people know - nettles, dandelions, ground elder, ransoms etc. - so you can get stuck in straight away! Nettle and Chorizo Tapas anyone? Robin also has a website which you can find at http://www.eatweeds.co.uk/

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE for any forager or wild food enthusiast, 1 Aug. 2014
I've been trying out various recipes from Robin's website http://www.eatweeds.co.uk for a number of years now and enjoyed success every time! Having this guide is a MUST HAVE for any forager or wild food enthusiast out there and comes with 100% satisfaction from me... You can see my daughter and I making some homemade wild garlic cheese here http://on.fb.me/I2Xf6y or see pictures of the wild garlic omelette's that our community group 'Incredible Edible Ramsbottom' made here: http://bit.ly/1av15bn

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and essential, 1 Aug. 2014
"Eatweeds Wild Food
Recipes Volume 1" shows us all exactly what to eat and where to find it. Written by someone who really understands the flora of the British Isles (and farther-afield too), this gorgeous and timely book is second-best only to Robin Harford telling you in person. Actually he does do day courses around the country occasionally, but he's just one man, and he must be exhausted. So this book is essential – both for me and this overworked, talented man. I look forward to Volume 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem for Foragers, 1 Aug. 2014
I was delighted to be able to download a copy of this book to my kindle because it means I can take it with me on my wanderings and refer to it easily. I love the drawings and the recipes sound delicious, are easy to follow and give me the confidence to go out and forage for the ingredients I need to create these appealing meals. We plan to hold a wild food festival on our farm so once I have tried the recipes myself I hope to be sharing some of them with other beginner foragers.

5.0 out of 5 stars real recipes. not just a list if edibles., 2 Aug. 2014
More fantastic recipes from Robin Harford.
I have robins other recipe book, wild food recipes vol 1 and was hoping for more of the same with this book.
I couldn't have been happier when I read through this latest work.
It's so refreshing to see real thought has gone into the recipes featured, using the wild foods we forage as a real ingredient rather than a simple addition into a recipe just to say that it is made with wild food! So often these type of books offer vague lists of what you can and can't eat and little more
I can't wait to have a go at these new recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... all you have to do is going for a nice long walk in the woods, 1 Aug. 2014
This recipe book is unique in a sense that for your main ingrediends all you have to do is going for a nice long walk in the woods, on the nearest hedgegrow oor down the aboundant rail tracks. The author illustrates all the wild herbs with easy to see pictures where the plants different parts are well differentiated. After each pictures followes a variety of main dishes, vinegars, jellies, just like in a gourment restaurants Menu, with exact measurements and serving suggestions. My new food bible it will become for sure! Many thanks for the great work dear Robin! Green love from Attila

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful book with some tasty ideas, 2 Aug. 2014
Really pleased to have this little book with all the recipes in one place. I am familiar with some of Robin's recipes already, indeed, by coincidence I enjoyed some pickled marsh samphire with my fish supper this evening! I nearly got permanently stuck in the estuary mud foraging for that! I look forward to trying some more of the recipes and identifying a few more plants. It's a shame we don't get bilberries here in the south east, perhaps Robin can send us some! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great foraging book!, 3 Aug. 2014
Along with other classics in the 'field', this serves as a great - up-to-date collection of ethical foraging wisdom, recipies and the sheer joy of being in touch with land that so few of us enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go wild for free food, 2 Aug. 2014
This book is full of great recipes using free and freely available ingredients which are both delicious and nutritious. It is effectively a give-away at the price. It opens up a whole new world of food and drink using nature's own larder. The recipes are well explained and the main ingredients are illustrated to help you find and identify them. A must for any cook with a sense of adventure or for anyone who enjoys tasty food for free.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the perfect time of year to have an eat wild party ..., 12 Aug. 2014
No excuses! This is the perfect time of year to have an eat wild party with friends. Armed with this book and your walking legs of wild food discovery you're bound to discover something new and delicious. You wont find these delights in any restaurant that I'm aware of!

Furthermore, if the zombie apocalypse happens - you wont starve!

Great little recipe book written by a man with great passion.