5.0 out of 5 stars Restraint breeds resistance.
The Imperial hierarchy are in control at the expense of freedom. To every force there is an equal and opposite reaction and as pressure builds the ball on is about to burst.
Published 4 months ago by Allan Hugman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first in the series.
Published 9 months ago by Michael Liddell

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first in the series., 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Warstrider: Rebellion (Warstrider Series, Book Two) (Kindle Edition)
I like Ian Douglas' writing and I enjoyed the first book in this series. This second book continues where the last left off and takes forward the story of the main characters who struggled against the so called Xenophobes. Very unusually for an Ian Douglas book I gave up about a third of the way in because the story lost pace and became bogged down as the author attempted to add the dimension of internal human conflict to the mix. I've still given the book a 3 star because I suspect that a fair number of his readers won't mind this and may even think it adds something to the plot. I think that it weakens the story but accept that the first book storyline pretty much dealt with the aliens so that in order to continue it had to go somewhere else. The somewhere else just didn't catch my imagination and the new characters who where introduced were not as strongly drawn as the earlier ones. .The trouble with 3 star reviews is I don't think many people read them. Buy the download and judge for yourself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm - tad boring, 7 Nov. 2014
R. Nicklin (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
Not as good as the first novel in the series as it goes straight into rebellion mode, which to be honest I started zipping pages and pages when they babbled on and on with the speeches part. Also zoomed past the self not self bits as they were so loooong and so boring I almost stopped reading it. To be honest this type of story line has been done to death and a lot better than this - wont be bothering with any more of this series after reluctantly finishing this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsettling xenophobic undertow, 2 Oct. 2014
Mr. M. Hatherell "Mark Hatherell" (Vauxhall, London, England) - See all my reviews
I read this series when it was first published in paperback and brought it again on Kindle. I liked the first book but reading the second and third book I'd forgotten the xenophobic, almost racist, feel towards the Japenese that these books have, I know at the time that Japan was riding high and the US was econonically suffering with firms being bought out by their Japenese counter parts but the writing leaves an unpleasent taste in the mouth (so to speak).

5.0 out of 5 stars Restraint breeds resistance., 13 Feb. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars I THOUGHT IT WAS WELL WRITTEN AND I HAD GREAT TROUBLE PUTTING IT DOWN, 3 Sept. 2014
I THOUGHT IT WAS WELL WRITTEN AND I HAD GREAT TROUBLE
PUTTING IT DOWN,SINCE FINISHING IT I HAVE PURCHASED THE
NEXT FOLLOW ON BOOK

3.0 out of 5 stars War strider Rebellion, 22 Feb. 2015
Far to much opera for my liking, though the scfi is very good the plot a bit predictable, I prefer book 1 l will still read book 3'

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 17 May 2013
This guy has an amazing mind, and this series is brilliant. Worth it.Get the whole series, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these books by Ian Douglas as so well written, 7 Jan. 2015
Love these books by Ian Douglas as so well written. Now on book 6 of the series as I can't put these books down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Oct. 2014
Great series read it on holiday and went to wifi place to download this and next book 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Oct. 2014
Love all three of these.