on 6 August 2014
**Received by Author in exchange of honest review****

I absolutely loved this book, but be warned this is not your usual sweet love story, Amber has ben hurt, badly, an unfortunate occurrence of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and falling for the wrong guy who would eventually suck the will and life out of you, leaving you defenceless and incapable of making your own decisions, co-dependant to the point of sick obsession, in theory just the basis of an abused relationship; so the story begins with Amber in the present time living as a recluse in her own house, afraid to even walk out of her bedroom, plagued by constant hurtful memories and suffering from anxiety attacks, being the daughter of one of Hollywood A lister actors make things even worse as the knowledge that behind the gates awaits a stream of paparazzi's ready to snap that big picture for their next story. Enter Jaime, or "Jimmy" he is an Argentinian guy who comes from a hard working catholic family and thinks he's the luckiest guy alive for landing a great job in the heart of Hollywood prestigious neighbourhoods working for a big star as one of his security guards.
As soon as Jaime meets Amber he knows things are not right, he's been asked to protect the annexe where she is, but has no idea why this beautiful girl looks so heartbroken. He knows the information is so easily accessible, just one click and he could have all the answers but he doesn't want to be like everyone else, he wants to make her smile and perhaps one day get close enough for her to open up, however things take a fast turn and suddenly lines are being crossed, old habits are hard to kick and patterns are repeated, if things are meant to work out our leads have to come to difficult decisions in order to start afresh and with a clear and honest heart.
So throughout the book, we get to hear from both Amber's and Jaimie's POV's, which I absolutely loved it allows us to really get an understanding of the root of the problem, the severity of Amber's issues and the courage it takes to put into practice that if you really love someone, you must set it free.
A heartfelt and powerful story of survival and true love.
on 25 August 2014
Hmmm. I'm not sure what to say about this book. It was good but something was seriously lacking from it. The two lead characters didn't seem to have any connection with each other and if the female lead called herself "a whiny child" once more I think I would have honestly screamed. I counted that phrase from her a total of 23 times. Talk about repetitions, I was fed up of reading it, then the male lead starts to say it and that's when I really started to get sick. She's a selfish little brat and he's daft enough to go along with it, yes she had been through a rough couple of years, which is honestly the only thing that made me keep reading as I was intrigued as to what had actually happened. You do find out eventually, I would say probably 75% through the book, but by the time you've read that much of a book you don't want to stop reading. Now this is where I may be classed as blunt but I'm just being honest. The ending was a total anticlimax!! After reading and finally getting to the end it could have been a hell of a lot better than how it ended. Let's just say I was glad it was free when I got it. 2 stars.
A quite confusing story that I struggled at times to make sense of and I'm not sure why this is in the romance section as I wouldn't call it romantic at all.

Very slow to start then all over the place really.
on 2 August 2014
When l started reading this book l thought it was just another book about abuse.How wrong was I?It,s funny,sad,uplifting,depressing and most of all it,s about love.Please,please read it l know you will enjoy it as much as l have.
on 26 October 2014
hard hitting and straight to the point in places but a very enjoyable read none the less, I would've liked the character to have went further with her helping others to help herself back to normality!!
on 5 August 2014
absolutely amazing book and very well written. I felt so close to the characters and just had to keep reading.
on 22 October 2014
A sort of 'rags to riches' romance, enjoyable
on 13 August 2014