Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 25 June 2013
From start to finish this is a fantastic read! Everything about this book is brilliant, the fantasy, the fact it's set in the UK, the authors take on witchcraft and vampires, I cannot fault this story in the slightest! I did spot a few errors within the text, but the pull of the story soon washed them away, and I found myself smiling at the end in satisfaction.

I am so glad I came across this story.
on 5 July 2016
The idea for this book has great promise, but the story rushes along too quickly and you don't have time to connect with the characters. I think this series could improve if the author takes time to let the story develop, rather than be in such a hurry to wrap it up.
on 14 July 2013
I thought this was an alright read, though it didn't really do it for me. I don't even really know why but I finished with a bit of a 'meh.' I did enjoy the way the book played with the normal hero/romantic partner character. Often in PNR (I'm thinking Ward, Frost, etc here) the hero is some muscle-bound, leather clad, beefcake and the antagonist is the smooth-talking, well dressed, sophisticate. Both character types are present in this book, but the heroine's choice of mates is unexpected. The effect of this was that I spent the whole book waiting for the reversal, the point when the good guy suddenly reveals his betrayal and the heroine runs into the arms of the unexpectedly compassionate stoic man on the side. This never happened. It was a fun little twist and proof that sometimes it's not a matter of what's written, but what isn't that can add the most spice to a story.

But I also felt that the whole thing rolled along a little too smoothly. N. goes to great lengths to meet Elle, but we never discover how he even knew about her to begin with. We never learn when, why or how exactly he fell so deeply in love with her, unless it's just a matter of 'we're the only two like us so we should be together.' That seems pretty weak to me. There is defiantly some insta-love on Elle's part, however. Then there is Rebecca and Everett, who can blithely acknowledge Elle's burgeoning feelings and tell her to arrange to kill that person in the same conversation. Seems a little unrealistic to me. Could they really expect compliance? Elle solves the missing art case, seemingly without any clues and in the end manages to resume her life despite the coven's long standing policy of eradication against her kind. Yep, everything is resolved just a little too easily.

On a side note I also didn't find the book to match the description very well. The bad-boy werewolf is already found when the book starts and he's an overwhelmed lawyer with mother issues, not a bad boy at all. For most of the book Elle is a decidedly weak enchantress, not the darn good witch described. (In this particular story there is a divide between witches and enchantresses, so not the same thing.) And she isn't assigned back to back cases. She is an insurance agent who solves cases with a little magical assistance though and she is on the case of a missing piece of art. Maybe these are small details, but still...

Despite the above points, it was an entertaining enough read for an evening. The writing seemed fairly smooth and I didn't notice many, if any, editorial mishaps.
on 25 April 2015
I got the book mainly because it's set in the UK, to see how this genre would work here, so I had no expectations.
I quickly became engrossed in the story and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a twist on the usual supernatural tales with the witch/vampire angle. There are a few things unexplained but, if you think about what Elle is, you'll quickly work it out.
Good characters and location, it flows well too.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 April 2013
Elle's mother may be incredibly powerful in the magical world; however as an Enchantress Elle's powers are sadly lacking. She may be able to feel and manipulate the emotions of others, but Elle risks sensory overload in crowded places and lacks the power to perform the most basic of spells.

In the normal world, Elle works as an insurance investigator. Asked to handle a case involving a stolen work of art, Elle meets its owner Niall. Although she is immediately attracted to him, her somewhat friend Rebecca warns her off, and when revealing what Niall is, she insists that Elle act as bait to lure him to his death. Confused, Elle doesn't know who to trust; members of her Coven who insist that Niall is a monster intent on feeding from her or Niall himself, who claims that as an Enchantress she is far more that what her upbringing has allowed her to be.

I enjoyed the magical world and the powers wielded. I also enjoyed the ambiguity surrounding Niall; up until the last minute I was unsure if he was a hero or the bad guy in disguise. The romance heats up quickly between the leading lovers, plus the mystery surrounding what Niall is up to and the antics of Rebecca and her cohort Evert make for an entertaining read. My only complaint; Elle is clearly the only person who has no idea what is going on, and it takes her a while before she's clued into the situation.
on 1 November 2014
This book sounded just up my street - all about supernatural beings living side by side with humans with a crime/thriller element thrown in for good measure. It started well enough and I was really getting into it, but about two thirds of the way through it turned into a teenage romance/angstfest with a bit of brutal violence thrown in to make it seem more grown up. Don't think the authors have decided who they're writing this book for......
on 7 September 2014
There are moments when I thought this book was ok but then far more occasions when it was pretty awful. So it is set in Edinburgh but the main character refers to her fringe as "bangs". There is one scene where she refers to standing on the street and then a moment later is getting out of a car. So which is it? In the car or on the street? A lot of the narrative explaining action is so confusing or absent that it makes no sense. You find yourself looking back a few pages to try and work out if they are still walking or if they've arrived somewhere or just trying to work out where they are. The whole thing is a bit of a mess with parts that are shockingly bad. Only avoided giving it one star as I did end up reading it all so there was something about it that was ok. Possibly I just wanted it to be better than it was? You can sense that two authors worked on this because one is better than the other. Perhaps they need to be more honest with each other as the poorer writer needs to try harder! There are better books to read than this so if you are reading this review and wondering whether to give it a go - don't bother.
on 10 April 2013
I downloaded this as a Free book and was blown away with it. It is so nice having a witchy type book based in the UK. The book makes it feel so believable that you can imagine these people walking down our streets. Niall and Elle certainly will have tales to tell and I look forward to their next installment.
on 6 May 2013
I found it dificult to reallyget drawn into the story!!I didnt care about the people I also got distracted by American words eg I have no idea what s,mores are!!!!!graham crackers and candy bars surely cream crackers and choc bars!!! Helen cambs
on 22 May 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed Witchy Business. It had fun and light moments, but also had substance. The heroine, Elle, is a witch enchantress who works for the local coven, keeping various magical creatures (werewolves, fey, and goblins) in line. She has no idea of the true extent of her power until she meets Niall, who also has enchanter powers but has learned to fully use his ability. As Elle explores her powers and her relationship with Niall, she finds a death sentence on her head and must ultimately choose a side and open herself to her full potential. Watch out when she does!