5.0 out of 5 stars Small Powerbank with good performance
This product was sent to me for the review. This review represents my personal and unbiased view on EasyAcc Powerbank 7800 mAh. In this test I will evaluate everything I think is important for consumer – consumer experience...
Published 4 months ago by DJTech

3.0 out of 5 stars A couple of flaws
Published 22 months ago by Abi

5.0 out of 5 stars Small Powerbank with good performance, 19 Dec. 2014
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's in the box:
- 7800 mAh Powerbank
- 2x micro usb cable
- User manual (read it!)
First impressions: Item was delivered in secure package. Powerbank itself is great looking device. It's made of aluminum body, which gives powerbank very high-end feel. It's very small for the battery of this power capacity. The dimensions of the powerbank are: 93x59x21.5 mm. The unit is also fingerprint –resistant. On the front of the unit, there are power button, 2 USB output ports (1x1A, 1x2.1A) and micro USB input port. There are also four indicators, that represents battery capacity. Each indicator stands for 25% of the battery power. When I got it, the powerbank was fully charged.
How it works: Powerbank is really easy to use. When you plug device in, powerbank starts charging it automatically. If for some reason automatically charging doesn't start, just press on power button once. To check capacity left in the powerbank, also just press power button. Indicator will go automatically off in few seconds. Powerbank must have above 5% of power capacity to charge your device. The powerbank has under 5% of the power capacity when one indicator is flashing. Because there are 2 output ports (1A and 2.1A), you can charge 2 devices simultaneously. I recommend charging tablets with 2.1A USB output port. It will charge them more quickly.
Test:
a) Battery Efficiency: For first battery efficiency test, I always charge my devices separately. During first discharging cycle, I was able to charge my Note 4 80% and ipad mini retina 40%, then powerbank ran out of power. Battery efficiency for first cycle is 65%. Efficiency is solid, yet not great. I got 72% of battery efficiency on EasyAcc Powerbank PB10400MT. However it takes few battery cycles, before powerbank reach its full potencial of efficiency.
b) Charging time: powerbank was completely charged (0-100%) in less than four hours.
c) Charging speed test: Charging via powerbank was about the same as charging via wall outlet.
d) Compatibility: Beside devices I mentioned above, I had no problem charging: ipad mini first gen, ipod nano, Nokia Lumia 520, HTC Desire X, iphone 5S and Sony Bluetooth headphones.
e) Simultaneous charging: Simultaneous charging is working properly. Despite product description saying that this powerbank let you charge two smartphones simultaneously, I also had no issues charging ipad mini retina and Note 4 at the same time.
f) Overheating problems: I haven't noticed any overheating problems with this powerbank. The front (where are USB outputs) becomes warmer, when charging two devices simultaneously, but by no means overheating issue.
Conclusion: This is very good and stylish powerbank with capacity to fully charge your iPhone 5s or iPhone 6 three times. It is really small, and you can simply put in the pocket. Recommeded!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 11 July 2013
Does exactly what it says! I can charge my iphone 5 2.5 times before it does! The torch is quite handy too. It's very compact for what it does, smallest external battery pack I found out there. Thanks easyacc

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: EasyAcc 10000mAh Power Bank Dual USB Aluminum Alloy Design Portable Charger Backup External Battery Pack for iPhone iPad Samsung Smartphone Galaxy Tab Android Phone Google Nexus MP3 Player Bluetooth Speaker Headset - Gray (Accessory)
Bought this as a backup for when either my phone or the grandkids I pads suddenly go flat. Love it, does what it says on the label. If I have one quibble it is quite heavy to carry around but considering what else I put in my bag I can cope. It was delivered very quickly along with 2 other sI had bought as gifts. Had a problem with 1 that was dealt with efficiently and very quickly. Very happy customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly shiny and brilliant, 21 Sept. 2012
Absolutely wonderful piece of technology. I do long cycles (40 miles) a day and need to run my smartphone's gps for a very long time and without this battery, I would be always out of battery at the end of the day. Easy and obvious to use - lifesaver!

5.0 out of 5 stars very compact and useful battery, 12 Jun. 2012
Size is perfect (much smaller than other similar batteries with the same capacity). Has many accesories to be connected to almost any common mobile phone. Works very well. The LED light is very useful. I'm very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, 29 July 2012
M 723 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very convenient as a backup source when you have neglected to recharge you mobile or when travelling. Excellent buy. I used it successfully with a Galaxy S2, iPhone, Nexus 7.

Be careful though to use the cables provided because them seem to contain the resistors that are needed to trick phones into believing they are connect with their charger. For instance Nexus 7 does not charge if you use a standard USB/microUSB instead of the one provided.

3.0 out of 5 stars A couple of flaws, 13 Jun. 2013
This is a compact, attractive piece of equipment, however, I have been experiencing a few problems with it. The first is that the lead doesn't fit snugly into my phone, so often stops charging unless its being held in a certain position by me. The second, when its in my bag the torch keeps coming on, so I am continually switching it off. I'm sure after a couple of tweaks this'll be a 5 star object, but for now these two issues would make me suggest purchasing an alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 May 2012
I was looking for something to recharge my phone when I am away from a power supply.
Item arrived promptly and works brilliantly. Enough power is stored to recharge my android phone at least twice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Power not as good as expected., 27 April 2012
I bought this to provide additional power for my Apple devices when out for the day away from a power socket. I use a Cycle Computer (CycleMeter) app which uses the GPS to plot my position, has an on screen cycle computer and also downloads the maps from the internet.

As an iPhone 4 spare battery this product is great it's capable of providing just over two full charges.

I also have a "New" 3grd generation iPad which is basically just a large battery with a screen attached. The iPad 3 battery has a capacity of 11,600 mAh - so I had hoped that I could get almost a 50% charge from the EasyAcc 5600mAh device. However in my tests I've only been able to increase the battery level by between 25% to 30%.

However, for the price of £21.99 I'm happy with the purchase.

Please be aware that you don't get a UK mains adapter, just a European one as per the photos. Also the provided USB to Apple adapter isn't great in the iPad - so expect to use your original lead.

The EasyACC is recharged from a Micro USB connection, which is quite tiny and fragile. I'd have preferred a more robust Mini USB socket for filling the device.

The manual is tiny, and poorly translated, but at the end of the day you charge it, and then recharge your devices. You can turn the battery off by holding down the button, and a double press turns on the single LED for torch mode! There are also four blue LEDs to indicate the remaining battery level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great powerpack, 20 Nov. 2013
This is a life saver and really handy in general means i can lob this in the bag an if im out i can charge my phone if i need to without having to find a mains supply. Was out recently with a friend and we both charged our phones with this an its still had about half the power left. Five stars for definate