5.0 out of 5 stars great idea, brilliant price, love the neons!
As others have said, great idea to combine 8 individually switched sockets with surge protection, especially at such a low price! -
I particularly like that the switches have neons, effectively highlighting when each socket is on.
Published on 20 Jun. 2011 by accuracy's nice

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for power bricks
Published 1 month ago by William Hudson

5.0 out of 5 stars great idea, brilliant price, love the neons!, 20 Jun. 2011
accuracy's nice (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
As the switches are exactly between the plugs, making it somewhat ambiguous which socket they operate, I simply put 3 black marker-pen lines across my unit (separating opposite pairs of sockets & their switches from the neighbouring pair/s), thus removing this problem.
When it arrived, I tested it with my socket tester (£10, widely available) & all 8 sockets & their switches were wired correctly & worked.
I've only had it a week, but so far so good &, as it seems fairly robust, I expect it to continue to be in full working order.
(As others have said [& as in the picture], there's not enough room at the inner-end of each socket for any all-in-one plug+transformer, such as on mobile phone chargers - this is inapplicable to my use but I agree that, if intending to use many such appliances, a layout of 8 plugs in a row would be more appropriate than the 4 pairs of head-to-head sockets that this has.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional, 3 May 2013
J. Barbour (Aberdeen Scotland) - See all my reviews
Eight plugs each with its on off switch thus allowing energy conservation. Sit on my desk with
all the plugs for computers desk lamp and mobile chargers plugged in. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 3 Sept. 2012
Great for all those computer periphals - only gripe is some of the power supplies take up the space of two sockets. But an eight gang line would be unweildly! Well made and lit switches are great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Need more space, 20 Feb. 2011
S. FORGAN (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was hoping this would solve all my connection problems but it didn't. Don't get me wrong it is a very good product with switched individual sockets but is not 'wide' enough to leave my telly and pc connections where they are. Still, for this value and price there are mot many other options. Recommend but bear in mind that if you have oversized plugs or connectors you are going to have problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 Aug. 2011
M. Brown (Surrey) - See all my reviews
It works exactly like it should. Switches have a good positive feel and overall it is fairly compact. Would recommend to anyone after a budget solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a power cable, what do you want?!, 12 Sept. 2011
B. Holloway - See all my reviews
8 individually switched sockets, each with a neon power light.

Plenty of space for larger power adaptors. Wall mountable.

Feels a bit cheap, but it is cheap.

It works and it hasn't set my house on fire. Who could ask for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 24 May 2013
T. Hussain "Taz" (UK) - See all my reviews
Just what I needed to manage all my plugs for my PC and all the other bits that come with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 May 2013
I have purchased a second since this one, showing just how good it is. Being able to target specific plugs is very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 gang switched extention lead, 15 Jan. 2015
Mark (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pro-Elec 2m 8 Way Surge Protected Extension Lead (Accessory)
Like most people I guess, my desk at home now has so many things that need a 3-pin plug socket (desktop, screen, phone, printer, lamp, wi-fi router etc) that there just aren't enough sockets in the proximity in a property which was built in a time when all you plugged in was the telly.
All of these things are low consumption so this 8-way, surge protected extension is just the job, and I particularly like that each individual socket is switched, meaning I can save on electricity by switching off the stuff not in use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for power bricks, 6 Jan. 2015
This design (and many like it) is okay if you have simple power leads with a plug on the end. If yours are power bricks for computer and phone equipment - with integrated plugs - then this design causes many of the sockets to be inaccessible. I have a number of power bricks and when I moved from a simple inline-4-socket arrangement to this, I got exactly 1 extra usable socket.