5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome for the price! great as a gift
Published 3 months ago by Gerri Virgo-daye

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly was not any good,
Published 1 month ago by C. connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome for the price! great as a gift, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Noza Tec 7 INCH GPS SAT NAV NAVIGATION SYSTEM NAVIGATOR TOUCH SCREEN FREE UK EU AU MAPS (Electronics)
OMG.... I cant believe how fab this sat nav is for the very cheap price! ok, so it feels a bit light in your hands but it is very clear and precise with directions and the screen is a nice size (even for my little A class merc) and great for ladies with long nails too as it requires you to use them as opposed to the pad of your finger. it took me a while to figure out how it works but it dose exactly what the description says and more! I think that it is far better than the TomTom sat nav. I got another one for my fellas Christmas gift too!

4.0 out of 5 stars For what it cost this is remarkable for its value and capability, 27 Sep 2014
Geoff - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
See additional note at end

After getting hopelessly lost, without a street map, in Naples late at night, in an unfamiliar left hand drive hire car, after a long and tiring journey, ending with a minor, if costly accident, I decided it was time to get a sat-nav. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a brand leader, for the otherwise occasional use it will get.

For what it cost, this is remarkable for its value and capabilities and more than meets my needs.

As mentioned by other reviews, the instructions included are not very good and are difficult to read, but inside the first page they give the download address for a much more comprehensive, 91 page, PDF manual for the navigation functions, but nothing else. There is a small, but important error, in the address given, in which PAD should be replaced with PDA, as shown below.
Nav N Go User Manual, NavNGo iGO 8 Navigation software for mobile devices. UK English, December 2008, ver. 1.1

Most of its operation is reasonably intuitive, with an hour, or several, of practice in working through the menus, but some things are quite hard to fathom.

Having saved routes, I could not then delete them. To do this, from the navigation map go to Menu > Manage > Saved routes, then delete as required.

Another important issue is the selection of speeding and speed camera warnings, the latter being illegal in some countries. From navigation map go to Menu > Settings > Warnings, and select the required settings for Speeding, Speed cameras, etc. However the speed camera option seems very inconsistent, as sometimes it is there and sometimes not, which seems to depend on getting the satellite signal.

One can find an address by street and number. From navigation map > Menu > Find Address > enter Country, Town, Street, Number. Otherwise Country, then Post Code (instead of town),touch on the post code, then select House number, enter House Number if known and select done, or just select done, without entering House Number. Once the address is entered, it can then be saved as a favourite, under more options, and/or set as the destination.

During a two hour drive in the dark I was dazzled by the daylight screen, so needed to find the Night Mode. One option is from navigation map go to menu (bottom right) > Settings > Map Screen > Colour Profiles, then touch Night Mode to select On, Off, or Automatic (based on time). An alternative simpler option is the Quick Menu. From navigation map touch the bottom left icon, showing battery charge, satellite signal and vehicle option (normally a small car). The Quick Menu shows a moon crescent symbol (bottom left), so touch on this to toggle between Night Mode and Day Mode. A yellow surround means active Night mode and blue surround means non-active, hence daylight mode.

I found that touching the screen with my finger was not accurate enough and that a soft lead pencil was much better, but then I found the plastic stylus for this , tucked away in the bracket.

Outside of the navigation mode, one option is FM. I thought this was for listening to FM radio, but enquiries to the supplier revealed it is for sending the navigation commands to the car's FM radio, at a selected frequency, so these could be better heard above any background noise. I have not yet tried this.

One thing that has so far been a problem is the suction pad to fix the sat nav to the wind screen. On my one, the suction cup was slightly deformed, which may have been the problem. This does not seem particularly secure, with the device falling off while driving, a considerable distraction. A thin smear of petroleum jelly (Vaseline), or grease, on the rim of the suction pad fixed this. An alternative fixing is provided, but so far I cannot fathom out how that is used and there does not seem to be any instruction for it.

Haven't yet tried out many of the other features. The calculator is ok for straight forward arithmetic, but you have to watch it doesn't shift, drop or inset the decimal point. The trig functions are also inconsistent, requiring degrees for the normal Sin, Cos and Tan functions, but the inverse trig functions produce nonsense results. It ok if you have no alternative and it will get you by.

The units conversion is also quite useful for quite a variety of units, but there is no currency conversion, so no conversion on things like fuel costs.

What is not too obvious is that in non navigation mode there is a second page of features, revealed by touching on a small and none to clear button about two thirds down on the right hand side. This gets you to Volume, Backlight, Calibration, Navi Path, GPS info, Date Time, System info, USB and Wince (simple Windows). To return to the first page there is a similar inconspicuous button about a third down the right hand side.

Connecting the sat nav to a computer, via the micro USB to USB cable provided, gives access to the sat nav internal storage. This is how the maps can be updated. It also allows music, photos and other data to be input and for the memory to be backed up. This shows 3.46Gb of memory, with only 145Mb remaining. I would assume many unwanted maps and information files could be deleted, to release lots of memory space, but I am reluctant to try that, particularly without first making a backup. The sat nav will also take a micro SD card, though I am not yet sure what capacity or type. At present I am using an 8Gb SDHD card for pictures I might want to show, if I don't have my tablet computer with me, as the sat-nav will normally be with me in the car.

==============================================

Additional note, as of 15 Nov 2014

After using this for a couple of months, I have noticed that it increasingly takes longer to find the satellite signal after being turned on. On some journey's, of at least half an hour, it never achieved a stable satellite signal. When it did get a signal, the speed and compass readings, to the left of the navigation map, where rather erratic.

One can see more details about the quality of the satellite signal. To do this go to the Quick Menu (From navigation map touch the bottom left icon, showing battery charge, satellite signal and vehicle option (normally a small car)). Then select GPS bottom right. On the right this shows the strength of signal from each of the various satellites, up to 12. In the middle is shows the "Accuracy", "Elevation", "Speed" and "GPS Time (GMS)". On the left it shows a circle in which it shows each satellite signal as a coloured spot, as green(good signal), Orange (medium) or red (poor). This would seem to show the distribution of computed positions, but I am not sure. Below this are the Latitude and Longitude, in degrees, to 5 decimal places (Harrison, with the problem of Longitude, would have been amazed.)

Sometimes even when seemingly showing a fair signal from 5 or 6 satellites it still does not seem to accept this as an adequate signal. I have found, however, that once it establishes a good satellite lock, it does then tend to hold it ok.

I have wondered if part of the problem may be that I don't use it enough, or if the car has developed an issue, such as a heater fan speed control problem, that may be causing interference. I have also wondered if it depends of the weather, as I understand thick cloud cover and high atmospheric moister may reduce the satellite signal strength, as it used to with my satellite TV. However as I am writing this, with the satnav indoors and less than a foot from my notebook computer, after a slow start it is showing High accuracy and is working fine.

If I can, I now put the satnav in place, on the windscreen, and switch it on half an hour before starting the journey, to give it time to lock onto the satellites. I will see how it goes over the next couple of months.

On another matter, I have noticed it occasionally gives an incorrect direction. On a recent occasion, when coming to the "motorway" exit junction I needed, the situation was very confused, with two similar junctions close together and many road works, so I depended on the satnav to tell me which exit to take, but instead it told me to continue straight on, so resulting in a significant detour and delay, but it got me to my destination ok. I have noticed a few other occasions when it seemed to give incorrect directions, but I then knew to ignore them, so one needs to be alert to such potential issues.

One other issue is that it really needs a decent sunshade, as some times it is very difficult to see the screen. I understand these can be obtained, but not as a standard item through Amazon.

Given the very reasonable price for this 7inch satnav, I still think it is a very good value and it serves my moderate needs, but I have now dropped it to 4 stars. If the satnav signal problems persist, or get worse, I will take this up with the supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 3 Oct 2014
not having a great sense of direction this sat nav has helped me with many routes. You can choose between the fastest, shortest and Eco route is you can make detours along the way.
Also another great feature is you can have the directions transmited via the radio which has helped me in noisey situations.
So buy this amazing product for a great price. I highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 26 Nov 2014
Great value and easy to use. very easy setting menus to set up even with instruction quite poor at this time. Have only used sat nav on few journeys and did the job perfectly. Had a few minor questions about instructions , fixing sun visor and brackets and their customer service bent over backwards to help. They are improving the instructions due to my feed back as I write this.
I highly recommend this product and the company customer service is quick and very helpful which is very refreshing to get these days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 28 Aug 2014
So far just used it on 1 journey - very pleased.

Some of the screen user interface is a bit quirky - but, hoping to get used to that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly was not any good,, 1 Nov 2014
C. connor (england) - See all my reviews
It had a good look about it, but sadly it just didn't do the job, mostly because it kept giving the wrong addresses with the post codes, so I had to send it back,.but what I will say in this firms defence is they did try to help get it sorted out for me, but it just wasn't any good at all, so I cannot recommend it at all, sorry. They did refund my money but I lost out on the recorded postage payment.
regards Colin.
PS I've gone back to using my old Tom Tom old but reliable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for the money! Great features and accessories..., 15 Sep 2014
I bought this Noza Tec sat nav for driving through Europe with my family. What I like most about is the large screen display. Has many fine features for the price. A massive 4gig of memory (massive for maps). Easy to use. The in car charger is included. The only thing that I did not like about this sat nav was the screen is a little hard to see in bright sunlight but the seller was very nice to send me a free sunshade (I just paid the postage fee). The mount is quite helpful. This is a tremendous buy for the money and served me brilliantly in European countries, France, Italy, Belgium, United Kingdom etc. I would highly recommend this item which in my opinion (and I have has other sat navs) is a fantastic device. Delivery time was excellent and I would most certainly buy this item again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Change Of Heart, 12 Sep 2014
Unfortunately I am unable to give a review on the performance of this G.P.S. as the user manual is, for a 1st time user useless. It goes into great detail on playing music, looking at photos, using T.phone but on navigating nothing will be returning.
Since I wrote this review I have been shown how to use the system and it performs remarkably well and so far I am delighted with it. The seller is also sending me a free sunshade.Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB SAT NAV, 23 Aug 2014
A smart 7inch screen very clear picture and the 3d option is just like you physically driving the street in a drawing (forgive the analogy). The system is easy to use and touch screen easy to manouvre. Your can have different desktop pictures when not using or even just in the background. It was a very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 30 Nov 2014
Although hesitant because of the price.... I bought one!. Absolutely fantastic. I showed it to two friends .. they both immediately asked me to order one .... their friends are now buying one... should have started a pyramid company!!!!

I cannot fault this at all. If you want to find your favourite shop/ nearest petrol station/ nearest museum??? it will show you and with a press of a button will allow you to navigate there.

Navigation instructions are clear and give plenty of advance notice. There are SO many ways of setting up the map screen and everyone can pick the information they want to see on the map.

One of the big selling points of course is the map updating which needs a little computer know how .. but is just a means of accessing the device. It comes with lots of European maps... which can make finding a postcode for instance tiresome... but these are eaily deleted to leave just the UK maps. At a later date any of the euorpean maps can be downloaded if required.

The 7" screen is clear and easily readable and a great improvement on my tomtom.