The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
Platform: PlayStation 4Edition: RemasteredChange
Price:£28.93+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 5 January 2015
Had to give this 5 stars just finished playing it wow what a game it's just grips u the graphics are amazing defo next gen and u actually feel for the characters in the game the gameplay is amazing to all I can say is please buy this game and the people who think it is crap are not real gamers
on 14 September 2014
Originally I dismissed this game as not being my sort of thing as I'm not keen on apocalyptic future games. Shrimp and Red Dead Redemption are my favourites. I only bought it on the basis of the great reviews it gets.
But once I got into this I loved it.
The only downside is that it is very linear: you have to do everything in a set order, but the story is so gripping and the gameplay is so brilliant, rewarding stealth and cunning. You cannot just run at your enemies with all guns blazing in this!
The settings are depressingly beautiful and I was moved to tears on a number of occasions as the story unfolded.
Miss this and you have missed one of the greatest gaming experiences of all time.
on 12 August 2014
Just gone Next Gen.

I know, but I dithered for a while but eventually took the plunge. Story of my life. Anyway ...

What_A_Game. I have been playing 'video' games since the C64 and I can honestly say this is up there with the best games I have ever played.

I don't say that lightly. I have played tons and tons of games but this is on a different level. The story is so good it is like staring in a movie.

Very few games can pull of the story/emotional pull and the care/belief in the characters. Some can do one or the other very very few can do both. This does. All of the time. Consistently.

I love the graphics, the voice acting, the pace of the game, everything about it is virtually flawless.

I came from the xbox 360 and not had a PS since the PS2 but this machine is well up to showcasing this game. I am so glad I got this to play as they are so expensive you can't afford to make any mistakes in that regard.

If you're unsure, just get it, trust me. It is an experience you'll enjoy and like me if you have been around for what seems forever this is what really all games in 2014 should be like. Sadly they aren't but give yourself a glimpse of what I thought in 1984 would be the norm.

Damning indictment on the gaming industry? Yeah, probably.

A little like when cinema discovered CGI and ignored plot is the best comparison I can come up with.

Just get it.

You can thank me later.

JSK
on 8 September 2014
After seeing the difference between Fifa 14 on PS3 and PS4 I knew straight away it would be worth re buying. The graphics are fantastic and movement is a lot smoother than I remember on the PS3 version. The scenery renders a lot better and the detailing is beyond belief on characters such as Hair, Facial expressions, Clothing etc (Most noticeably when your walking through the urban areas at dusk), The lighting and water effects are better too.

One thing I've also noticed great improvement on is the movement of Ellie. I found on ps3 she ran in front of enemies a lot and they didn't even react. It seemed enemies based there judgement purely on Joel and not Ellie

To save blabbering on this re release on PS4 makes an already brilliant game even better. Can't wait for a sequel.
on 18 November 2014
I purchased a PS4 just to play this game, and I am not disappointed that I did.

it really is like an interactive movie where you move from action killing zombies or human enemies, into a cut scene that brings you back into the action, and you might spend time sneaking past clickers, or foraging for supplies.

The graphics are very good, the gameplay has been Immersive and I am I credibly impressed with the game.

At this point in time I have yet to finish the single player game, although I am close, and have clocked up in excess of 25 hours of game play.

It does live up to the hype.
on 20 August 2014
I never owned a PS3, so I am reviewing The Last of Us on how good the game is, not how good it is compared to its predecessor.

In my opinion, it is the best game I have ever played. Every aspect of it is as near perfect as any game has, or probably will ever get. From the amazing performance from Troy Baker (Joel) and Ashley Johnson (Ellie), the great soundtrack by Gustavo Santaolalla and the best story in any game courtesy of Neil Druckmann, to solid, heart racing gameplay, I can't shower this game with enough praise.

This is by far the best game you can get on the PS4 at the moment, and is 100% worth your money.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Had the PS3 version and there is a noticeable difference in quality on the PS4. Still love the story line for this game well deserved got awards. For first time buyers it is well worth the price because it comes with the all the DLC
on 5 August 2014
The Last Of Us is an amazing game and it's reviews of 4.7 over 1014 reviews for PS3 speaks volumes. The remastered version looks incredible on PS4!! There's not a lot to say that probably has not already been said! A gaming masterpiece!
on 3 July 2015
What more is there to say that's not already been said?!

When I finished the game, I felt like I felt at the end of all the Breaking Bad seasons and after every single Walking Dead season finishes. Withdrawal! I didn't really know what to do with my life afterwards!

I became SO invested in the game, I cared for the characters, I was completely immersed in their world, I often forgot I was playing a video game.

After a good opening sequence, I felt the game slowed down a fair bit which worried me a little because at this point I wasn't sure what to expect. After this short dip in pacing it seriously just kicked off.

The game is magnificently displayed and for me one of the most important things about the game is that there weren't any random side quests to deviate from the story. I felt this was important as it helped keep the actions of the characters relevant and helped the pacing of the story overall.

I've played it once and once i finished, I genuinely felt this was a masterpiece. I haven't played it again since because I'm one of those people that think if something is perfectly done, I don't want to overdo it and get bored.

That's another reason why I hope they don't use this as a cash cow and release another 5-6 sequels as I think this would kill the adventure. It's better for the developers to leave us wanting more than to bore us to death with constant new releases.

Loved this game and as much as I miss it and want to play it over and over, I won't for the reasons above.

Please buy this and experience it. Amazing.
on 28 February 2015
Like the majority of people who have reviewed this, I was absolutely blown away by this game from the moment I started it up. The story was immediately engaging and there was no doubt that this was going to be a dark tale (of course a zombie apocalypse isn't going to be a sunny story). There are so many reviews I'm just going to point out what I really liked in case there are game developers out there who actually read these reviews and listen.

I loved:

-the graphics. Beautiful, gross, occasionally stunning. Rooms and homes were decorated in various ways which went a long way in making the game more realistic, and some of the city scenes were incredible. And the giraffes made the long journey worth the agony.

-the voices. If there is a better man's voice out there than Joel's, I have yet to find it. Ellie, Tess, Tommy and Sarah were also superbly done. I love the fact that I didn't keep hearing the same voices over and over for multiple people (even Skyrim blew it on that).

-the dialog. It was realistic and emotional.

-the criminals. Bad to the bone from years of fighting to survive, except these people have lost their humanity in the process. They are tough, deadly and without an ounce of pity.

-the music and sound effects. Beautifully done.

-the storyline! There were hard choices, iffy decisions, times when they were helpless to intervene on behalf of others because it would have just thrown their lives away, and the all consuming need to see this thing through. One of the best storylines of any game I've ever played.

-Ellie. One of the best portrayals of a teenager ever. Scared sh!*less most of the time but unwilling to show it. She was determined to find a way to get Joel to care for her as much as she had come to care for him. He was who she trusted.

-Joel. An honorable but flawed man who lost his way after Sarah but found his way back through his ordeal with Ellie. An amazing job of making his character believable, and seeing him struggle with his increasing affection for Ellie was completely understandable, believable and ultimately fulfilling. I also loved that he was an older man. He had nothing to prove and was just doing what needed to be done. I loved him. No really. Loved him.

I have always gravitated towards games like this. Adventures, quests, vanquishing evil and rooting for the underdog. Perhaps because I'm such a prolific reader, who knows. But stories like this are enjoyable on an entirely different level than non story games are (although I enjoy those too). Games with storylines that make you come to care for the characters are few and far between- Red Dead, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas are some that come to mind at the moment, and I truly appreciate all of the people who work to make them happen. So thank you to all of the people who worked hard to bring this wonderful work of art to life.