4.0 out of 5 stars Sound very good so far
I need to declare straight away that I'm not an audiophile who's going to be able to comment in any depth about the sound of these earphones! I'll just give a few general impressions.
Published 7 months ago by James K

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken wire – connection to the earphone jack
Was so pleased with these... then they broke after less than 3 months. I was still calling them "my new earphones" :(

Never broken a pair of headphones or earplugs before. I carried these in their protective case when not in use.

Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound very good so far, 5 Aug. 2014
My day-to-day earphones for on the go were Apple EarPods and although I was keen for an upgrade, "good" headphones seem to cost a lot of money, more than I was willing to spend at least, plus would be considerably less portable than earphones, hence my interest in these.
I did some research and quickly came across these E10s, with good reviews and at a price I was willing to pay. I needed them to have the mic for making calls and also wanted to be able to skip tracks etc, and this functionality sets the E10S apart from some other E10 models.
Physically these earphones seem pretty neat and well made. Solid construction, metal, discreet black colour - suits me. Unlike the EarPods, these earphones really did plug into my ears a bit like earplugs and there's little chance of them popping out, which is a plus. The remote only has one button, but this is enough to answer calls, skip tracks and summon Siri - however there is no volume control, which I can live with.
My one reservation about the design is the jack that plugs into my phone. Rather than coming straight out, it's L shaped and houses a little switch that you use to select whether you've got an iPhone, Blackberry, or Samsung etc. i'm concerned that the L shape jack is going to put strain on the wire, as often my phone is in my pocket and the wire would go straight upwards from the jack. I hope SoundMAGIC have anticipated this issue and made the wire strong enough at this point to withstand repeated strain, and only time will tell.
As for the sound, well I'm pleased with it so far. The bass isn't too heavy and I've worn them comfortably for a while now. I can't go into much detail about the sound itself, suggest you read a professional review for that - to be honest I'm happy with something that doesn't cost the earth and apparently is one of the best sounding earphones you can get for the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep coming back to a really good thing!, 23 Jan. 2015
This is the 3rd pair I've bought - the previous ones either lost or my young son has demolished (through no fault of the product).

Before I bought these again, I thought I'd try something different, so I did some research and opted for the more expensive Sony MDR-EX650APT in ear headphones.

I'm not an audiophile in the sense that I've tried or tested lots of different equipment, but I do 'connect' with music and know when something I'm listening too makes me feel good, bad or indifferent.

This isn't about the Sony MDR-EX650APT being bad, it's just that I found them indifferent, slightly harsh in the mid tops, and uninspiring. They are incredibly well made however.

Which brings me back to the E10S. They are simply musical. Any music I dial up sounds great on them - and to boot, they are relatively inexpensive - I'd venture to say a bargain.

I wanted to like the more expensive Sony's but they just don't sound as good (in my ears) as the E10S.

So I bought another pair, they arrived today, and I'm really glad I did. Regrettably, I'm sending the Sony's back.

I haven't tried many others to compare them to, but why would I - these are excellent.

:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars An improvement on the original E10, but the revised sound signature might not be for everyone., 27 Feb. 2015
OK, so Lets get the negatives out of the way first....
-The "red" colour is in no way red, it is bright, sparkly, Barbie Pink... not one for the gents
- The earlier revision of the "mode selector" feature is an awful, plasticy switch and it gives a sense of cheapness. Newer revision it much improved 60 degree angle jack with the mode selector inline MUCH better! For reference my "red" set ordered 25/2/15 were old type, the replacement silver set ordered 26/2/15 are the revised jack.

Now onto the important stuff:
The mode selector is useful, though even the revised switch doesn't live up to the build quality of the E10 design - acceptable given the price though.

Sound quality is equally fantastic as the predecessor for the price, I've heard many earphones which don't stand up to these costing twice as much. I've tried Beats, Klipsch, Sony, Logitech, entry-level Shure, and I keep coming back to the Soundmagic buds.

The sound profile of the E10 was quite nicely balanced if slightly warm, whereas the E10S sound profile is much warmer, as is popular these days it seems. The extended bass does give a pleasing tone to some music, but muddies others. To be honest, I don't think I have a clear favourite as it depends on your listening preferences and type of music you listen to you. If you are listening to modern pop, pop-rock, "indie", dance music, rap etc then the E10S is the set for you. If you want something a bit more balanced on a budget then I would suggest the original E10 set.

A useful carry case is included, as is a selection of different size buds to fit your ear, however, if you really want to get the best possible sound I would really, really recommend investing in Comply tips:
These dramatically improve the seal with your ear, helping with noise reduction and sound quality. The comply tips do wear out as they are foam, I use these every day and go through one pair of buds in about 3 months. (get 3 pairs per pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great set of earphones, 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Mic - Black & Red (Electronics)
I already have a pair of the normal E10 without the controls which are amazing so when I saw these I had to get them. It's not easy finding decent earphones with a mic/controls that work with Android, so I was pleased to see these that claimed to work with all smartphones.

There's no compromise to the sound quality, it's still amazing for this price range. The quality of the earphones themselves is still great, the cable especially is strong and doesn't tangle like other rubber-based ones. You still get a range of different sized earbuds but now they also include an adapter which is supposed to allow you to plug them into a computer for Skype etc.

The controller is on the left earphone and it has a single button that controls music, answers calls and a long press brings up Google Now. The plug is a bit bulky and plasticky due to the compatibility switch however its going to be in my pocket most of the time so not an issue for me. My phone (Nexus 5) wasn't listed on the label for which switch to use but just try both and you'll easily know which one you need (mine was A).

This is another excellent product from SoundMAGIC which finally brings excellent sound with the convenience of music controls and a mic to Android phones at an affordable price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality, good audio, ear buds could maybe be better, 16 Dec. 2014
J. Sammon "Johnno" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Excellent quality, feel very sturdy and well made albeit only had for a month now. Like the monitor style clean audio these seem to give me.
In line mic is very good had comments that the call quality is very clear. iPhone control works fine for play/pause etc.
Only gripe is of all the bud options that come with them (many!) none of them I find are that comfortable. Then again I've still to find actually comfy in ear phones...

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken wire – connection to the earphone jack, 25 Nov. 2014

The lead into the earphone jack has a problem and if I wiggle the wire into position they work... but I can't use them on the move. Left earphone has a tinny sound too and cuts out (because of the problem with the wire).

Attached a picture then you can see I haven't physically damaged them – just poor quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, 18 Feb. 2015
I decided to buy these headphones after my sennheiser cx 100s started to lose connection after only 6 months use. I had previously owned some JVC xx headphones that I had loved, but after switching to other headphones realised they were too bassy. Great for dance music, but it made all my music extra bassy. So my research led me to these headphones, from a brand of never heard of before.

I decided to spend a little bit more and get the set with the microphone and button, which has totally been worth the money. The button allows you to pause music, skip music and answer calls. I've missed the ability to skip songs without digging out my phone.

The quality is excellent apart from one thing that others have also mentioned. The plastic connector that connects the cable to your jack just feels a little too plasticky. It might be fine, but it just feels like the cheapest part on an otherwise very well made set of headphones.

I'm using it with an iPhone and it worked from the box. The sound quality is great. I have some very expensive sennheisers for use at home and it's really not far off them. The case you receive is also handy to keep the headphones safe, which I intend to use because these aren't exactly cheap headphones. But they are worth the money. The only negative is the plastic connector but I can't take off a star for that because it hasn't broken and hopefully won't.

Overall, I'm really happy with them!

4.0 out of 5 stars "Good sound Good price.", 1 Mar. 2015
I wanted an In Ear headphone with a good base sound,
at a reasonable price. So I took a gamble with the
SoundMAGIC E10s it paid off at £39.99 it's good value
In Ear headphone. I would recommend it to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY IMPRESSED!!!!, 3 Mar. 2015
I am very impressed with these earphones, the sound is very clear with a good bass, I am hearing instruments in old songs I haven't really heard before on bog standard earphones which makes me appreciate the production of those songs even more than I originally did! I have been testing them out with loads of songs but mainly "Who Is It" by Michael Jackson, the bass on that song sounds amazing with these, you could easily forget the song is 24yrs old now!

To sum up, these are some of the best earphones I have bought and for less than £40 they're a steal!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 x better than a £20 set., 21 Jan. 2015
Why did I buy so many cheaper £15-£20 sets of earphones? Bought these on the strength of HiFi Choice review and can now listen to my music without the distraction of lack or excess of any frequencies. Although I have several top range audio systems I can listen with these earphones without criticism, especially when listening to compressed material on a portable device. My other reference headphones are Beyer DT100s - old I know, but an industry benchmark.