5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great comfort, great price.
These excellent earphones met all of my criteria for a good set of earphones; comfort, good quality sound, good looks, functionality and build quality.

They come with multiple earbuds that you can interchange to suit your preference. So far, I've stayed with the original fitted earbuds as they're very comfortable for me.
The sound from these earphones is...
Published 1 month ago by Charlie C.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken wire – connection to the earphone jack
Was so pleased with these... then they broke after less than 3 months. I was still calling them "my new earphones" :(

Never broken a pair of headphones or earplugs before. I carried these in their protective case when not in use.

Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great comfort, great price., 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Mic - Black & Red (Electronics)

The sound from these earphones is fantastic, very crisp and clear. There is also a really nice level of bass, if that's your thing.
Good looks are important and these certainly have that going for them. I got the red earphones and the colour contrast between black and red as well as the general design is very enjoyable.
Featuring an inbuilt microphone and a button for switching music tracks, the functionality of these is great. Unfortunately, there is no sound control on the earphones but that's only a minor feature.
Finally, the build quality. On these earphones, the build quality is fantastic. The wires are a really nice and durable feeling and each part feels very premium.
Certainly a purchase worthy of your money and definitely one I'd recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound very good so far, 5 Aug. 2014
I need to declare straight away that I'm not an audiophile who's going to be able to comment in any depth about the sound of these earphones! I'll just give a few general impressions.
My day-to-day earphones for on the go were Apple EarPods and although I was keen for an upgrade, "good" headphones seem to cost a lot of money, more than I was willing to spend at least, plus would be considerably less portable than earphones, hence my interest in these.
I did some research and quickly came across these E10s, with good reviews and at a price I was willing to pay. I needed them to have the mic for making calls and also wanted to be able to skip tracks etc, and this functionality sets the E10S apart from some other E10 models.
Physically these earphones seem pretty neat and well made. Solid construction, metal, discreet black colour - suits me. Unlike the EarPods, these earphones really did plug into my ears a bit like earplugs and there's little chance of them popping out, which is a plus. The remote only has one button, but this is enough to answer calls, skip tracks and summon Siri - however there is no volume control, which I can live with.
My one reservation about the design is the jack that plugs into my phone. Rather than coming straight out, it's L shaped and houses a little switch that you use to select whether you've got an iPhone, Blackberry, or Samsung etc. i'm concerned that the L shape jack is going to put strain on the wire, as often my phone is in my pocket and the wire would go straight upwards from the jack. I hope SoundMAGIC have anticipated this issue and made the wire strong enough at this point to withstand repeated strain, and only time will tell.
As for the sound, well I'm pleased with it so far. The bass isn't too heavy and I've worn them comfortably for a while now. I can't go into much detail about the sound itself, suggest you read a professional review for that - to be honest I'm happy with something that doesn't cost the earth and apparently is one of the best sounding earphones you can get for the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep coming back to a really good thing!, 23 Jan. 2015
This is the 3rd pair I've bought - the previous ones either lost or my young son has demolished (through no fault of the product).

Before I bought these again, I thought I'd try something different, so I did some research and opted for the more expensive Sony MDR-EX650APT in ear headphones.

I'm not an audiophile in the sense that I've tried or tested lots of different equipment, but I do 'connect' with music and know when something I'm listening too makes me feel good, bad or indifferent.

This isn't about the Sony MDR-EX650APT being bad, it's just that I found them indifferent, slightly harsh in the mid tops, and uninspiring. They are incredibly well made however.

Which brings me back to the E10S. They are simply musical. Any music I dial up sounds great on them - and to boot, they are relatively inexpensive - I'd venture to say a bargain.

I wanted to like the more expensive Sony's but they just don't sound as good (in my ears) as the E10S.

So I bought another pair, they arrived today, and I'm really glad I did. Regrettably, I'm sending the Sony's back.

I haven't tried many others to compare them to, but why would I - these are excellent.

:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY IMPRESSED!!!!, 3 Mar. 2015
I am very impressed with these earphones, the sound is very clear with a good bass, I am hearing instruments in old songs I haven't really heard before on bog standard earphones which makes me appreciate the production of those songs even more than I originally did! I have been testing them out with loads of songs but mainly "Who Is It" by Michael Jackson, the bass on that song sounds amazing with these, you could easily forget the song is 24yrs old now!

To sum up, these are some of the best earphones I have bought and for less than £40 they're a steal!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Damn good sound, not quite 5 stars overall but very close., 9 April 2015
This is my second pair. Last time I bought the E10M I think they were called. There are some improvements but also some small negatives ...why, I have no idea. Firstly the sound is still brilliant and loud and for the money I guarantee you won't get better. Elsewhere there's a single button for play, skip track, go back, answer call & hang up call and it works for both iOS and Android. This is great but why they have removed plus and minus volume defies belief and is a real annoyance. The cable plug has been cleverly angled saving any 'pocket stress' on your device's socket. The cable is made from a tough material that should last but it transmits some annoying cable noise to your ears which is a step backwards unfortunately. They come with a carry case and a set of rubber bits for all ear shapes. All in all, these are a VERY good buy but note the niggles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great set of earphones, 1 Oct. 2014
I already have a pair of the normal E10 without the controls which are amazing so when I saw these I had to get them. It's not easy finding decent earphones with a mic/controls that work with Android, so I was pleased to see these that claimed to work with all smartphones.

There's no compromise to the sound quality, it's still amazing for this price range. The quality of the earphones themselves is still great, the cable especially is strong and doesn't tangle like other rubber-based ones. You still get a range of different sized earbuds but now they also include an adapter which is supposed to allow you to plug them into a computer for Skype etc.

The controller is on the left earphone and it has a single button that controls music, answers calls and a long press brings up Google Now. The plug is a bit bulky and plasticky due to the compatibility switch however its going to be in my pocket most of the time so not an issue for me. My phone (Nexus 5) wasn't listed on the label for which switch to use but just try both and you'll easily know which one you need (mine was A).

This is another excellent product from SoundMAGIC which finally brings excellent sound with the convenience of music controls and a mic to Android phones at an affordable price!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken wire – connection to the earphone jack, 25 Nov. 2014

The lead into the earphone jack has a problem and if I wiggle the wire into position they work... but I can't use them on the move. Left earphone has a tinny sound too and cuts out (because of the problem with the wire).

Attached a picture then you can see I haven't physically damaged them – just poor quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 x better than a £20 set., 21 Jan. 2015
Why did I buy so many cheaper £15-£20 sets of earphones? Bought these on the strength of HiFi Choice review and can now listen to my music without the distraction of lack or excess of any frequencies. Although I have several top range audio systems I can listen with these earphones without criticism, especially when listening to compressed material on a portable device. My other reference headphones are Beyer DT100s - old I know, but an industry benchmark.

4.0 out of 5 stars They provide exclwnt noise isolation (don't be afraid to go for a smaller size earbud to get better isolation), deep and powerfu, 29 April 2015
These are a cracking pair of headphones. Having been a long term user of the typical £20-£30 seinheissers and sonys, these were a genuinely noticeable step up.

They provide exclwnt noise isolation (don't be afraid to go for a smaller size earbud to get better isolation), deep and powerful enough bass, and a profound clarity to the tone.

The reason for 4 instead of 5 stars comes down to a couple of things.
1) They have a switch which is on the jack input, and this used to be quite a large. However I do have to say it's been changed now with my second pair to a much better and slimmer design.
2) the main issue was quality. Although they feel and are a really well made pair of headphones, my first pair unfortunately fell apart slightly. The speaker came away from its body as other users have mentioned within about 6 months of use. However I did get a replacement and so far so good!

Regardless, I wouldn't let that issue put you off a getting these. If you're in the market for headphones, these are a must hands down, and if you're looking at something a bit more expensive, these are well worth considering instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable bass and great accuracy right through the frequency range, 2 Nov. 2014
Superb phones. Unbelievable bass and great accuracy right through the frequency range. Got to be one of the best buys around at this price