Format: Audio CDChange

on 15 October 2011
dark atmosphere. dirgeing repetition. hauntingly tuned.
i listened to nothing else for a few days. all tracks are good but some are more good - songs that will go in my all time favourite lists. if you like pj harvey, the cure, early dark cocteaus and the like, you'll like this. there is no light or effervescence, no chinks or compromise - it sets out a path and it stays on it - beautiful.
on 3 November 2013
Although the music is difficult to define, Chelsea Wolfe excels in creating dark atmospheres, drone-like suppression and gothic soundscapes. All this sonic diversity is unified by her characteristic, ethereal voice which sticks out like a sore thumb in a world saturated with ordinary voices and middle-of-the-road sounds.
on 17 March 2012
Brilliant new artist. Ordered and received both of her cd's plus tee shirt and poster. Just found out about this artist from a friend and can't stop listening to her. Keep your nuts and support the artist by ordering off her website.
on 26 July 2015
Apocalypsis is undoubtedly one of the bleakest, most harrowing albums I've listened to, but this is simultaneously for me an astounding piece of work that I honestly believe should receive more credit for. It took me a while to find this album, but once it arrived for me I found it one of the most emotional records I've possibly ever heard. If your looking for some stripped down, atmospheric music, look out for this. It's truly wonderful.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 October 2011
After hearing positive reviews of this album I decided to illegally download it, having heard it, I would literally sell my left nut to get this CD. I don't care how much it costs, I want this, and the fact I can find nowhere that sells it, is agony. This should perhaps give you an idea of how good an album it is.
11 comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse