‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mini-album., 16 Aug. 2014
D. C. Stolk (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Trxye [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
"Trxye" is the 5-song new EP by Troye Sivan, the Australian (but South African born) singer-songwriter. It's already the third EP by this talented teenager; still only 19-years old but also an actor and very active YouTuber. This mini-album is best described as indie/electropop with a dark vibe.

"Happy Little Pill" opens the mini-album, and shows why this track has been released as a single, as this jaunty synth-pop song has a very infectious chorus. Although well-suited for the dance-floor, it's dark lyrics are about "...empty hearts, Buying happy from shopping carts." Next track "Touch" has a bit of an EDM sound and took a couple of listening's before it started to grow on me. "Fun" is another highlight on this EP. In direct contrast to the song's title and Sivan's carefree vocals, this track is actually about the violent nature of war, with sardonically lyrics like: "Just don't look them in the eyes, boy, You just gotta' take their lives, boy." Next track "Gasoline" has a bit of an R&B-vibe to it. "The Fault In Our Stars (MMXIV)" first became known as a demo recording about a year ago. Now newly recorded, this piano ballad-ish track shows how his vocals have grown since then.

While the tracks are radio friendly pop music, their brooding lyrics are very emotive. If this EP is any indication of his musical talent, I can't wait for him to deliver a complete studio album. Hopefully, for that one he will broaden his musical scope to include some rock- and/or blues-flavored songs, as well as some up-beat tunes to lighten the mood. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Trxye [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I wasn't too sure at first. I bought the album to support Troye and I was excited but I wasn't flipping out, Until I listened to the songs that is... I'm thrilled with this album.
I love Troye and all but putting that aside, I really like the songs. It's not bias or anything. They are sweet and well thought out but they're also serious and sombre and address serious topics...
All in all, even if I had never heard of Troye I would have ended up buying it. It's a good price and you get 5 really great songs, sung by a very talented young man (saying that makes me sound old... I'm 15) and not only do you get introduced to his music but also him.
I strongly recommend his youtube channel if you're not sure yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Trxye (Audio CD)
I love this CD especially gasoline! I watch troye on youtube and I love his music too! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing... Troye 5*, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Trxye [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Troye is such an inspiration to so many people out there... and his music is just absolutely incredible...

So powerful...!

Just buy it... it really is worth it! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great young singer, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Trxye (Audio CD)
What a find. Having heard Troye Sivan many times on youtube with beautiful covers of various ballads, this is something of a revelation. A much more modern sound, great bass. Also unusual to hear obvious gay lyrics from a young artist. From Gasoline - "I see your outline in my bed, In the same spot I watched him rest his head"
Worth the extra for the CD version

5.0 out of 5 stars from youtube this is a good album the songs are well written and there not ..., 21 Nov. 2014
RYAN WHEWAY (nr belper, derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trxye (Audio CD)
from youtube this is a good album the songs are well written and there not a bad track in the cd
cant wait for some more songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Trxye (Audio CD)
one best ablum ever you will loveit

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Trxye [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Some of the best music I've heard in a long time. He has the kind of voice you just want to hear more of!

5.0 out of 5 stars one happy, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Trxye (Audio CD)
my daughter is mad on troyler, and couldn't wait for troy's cd to come out. one happy daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 May 2015
This review is from: Trxye (Audio CD)
ONE OF THE BEST EPs EVER MADE AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WHOLE ALBUM LATER THIS YEAR

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›