Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.97

on 2 November 2014
Fantastic read. Alan Watts makes my head hurt as he toys with ideas that cross the boundaries of philosophy, religion, humanity, love and meaning. This is what books should do and for this reason it has to be 5 stars.
on 13 April 2014
Watts has the remarkable gift of getting the reader to feel that what he is explaining is already known by the reader, but afterwards the way in which he does it cannot be remembered and copied. His mischievous use of puns is delightful. Required reading by anyone interested in semantics and philosophy.
on 22 April 2008
Watts' style is simply inimitable. Listening to audio material as well, available from the internet, one is simply awed at the man's precision and clarity, and his ability to communicate this in such exquisite yet limpid prose.
on 7 March 2013
Really helpful book. My fiance laughed at the title but when reading it, it makes a heck of a lot of sense. Really uncovering an important truth. Found it really humbling and inspiring.
on 11 February 2016
An excellent and enjoyable book about finding a better relationship with yourself and the world around you. I will return to this book time and time again for encouragement and for a deeper understanding.
on 18 January 2015
Alan Watts was a genius. His way of looking at the world was truly unique and I'm very glad I stumbled upon him by chance online as his words have helped change my life for the better.
on 25 January 2015
Amazing book by Alan Watts. For everyone interested in Theology and Religions. He Touch nearly every theory on Life gathered from around the World. Absolutley Loved It !!
on 8 September 2015
Good old Alan Watts. True, he may say the same thing over and over in his books, but he's always a pleasure to read. He breathes life and joy into the otherwise-overwhelming metanoia of realising a way of being that is undeniably divergent from maintstream western thought. Thought-provoking, profound and at times quite humourous, this book was a sound purchase. Plus it has a shiny bit on the cover, to attract magpies or to use as a signalling mirror.
on 24 July 2016
I read it in one sitting. Absolutely loved it. Felt like everything he said made sense and that I already knew what he was saying on a deeper level. How Alan put into words things that cannot usually be expressed in words was a gift that lives on in his work. This book is a must read.
on 17 April 2013
I had read the great reviews and being a fan of Alans inspirational videos I though I would give this a try. The book seems to go on and on and never really came to a conclusion, I kept waiting for some mind awakening thoughs but they didnt come. Even at the end of the book I felt ... nothing.

I'm probably not ready for the message held within its pages, might try it again in a few years time.