on 22 August 2014
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is a tactical third person shooter with a twist, the game is crazy with multiple customization options. Many people have described this game as 'CoD for Kids' and to an extent this game is marketed towards a young crowd but me personally being in my very late teens I personally like the game and actually find it a refreshing taste from the usual shooters that plague the market today. Its surprisingly very tactical and you do have to think about how to deal with specific situations and choose your characters wisely.

The game runs at a native 1080p and with 60 FPS which is a great accomplishment on console as most games out currently only run at 1080p with 30 FPS.

The game has several modes:

Welcome Mat, a simple Team Death Match style designed for new players to get a feel for the game (doesn't have character customization or new types)
Regular Team Vanquish
Vanquish Confirmed a Kill Confirmed Style game where you have to collect orbs once you've vanquished an opponent
Gnome Bomb - Enemies fight for a Gnome Bomb to destroy each others garden or Tombstone.
Gardens and Graveyards - Plants defend against zombies who must try and capture the bases
Suburbination - A new game mode launching soon on PS4 (at the time of writing this review)
Mixed Mode - Your typical Moshpit with multiple game modes
The game also offers 'classic modes' which is basically the starting plants with zero customization.

The game also features a co-op mode called: Garden Ops where plants must plant a garden and defend the garden against several waves of AI zombies and the occasional boss.

The game is also very balanced as no class is above another. However as it is a tactical shooter, some do better in some situations than others. I won't list all character types but you have a character for all situations.

Overall plants vs zombies is an amazing third person shooter that brings a refreshing change to all the shooters you see today. I'd suggest anyone pick this game up, who is looking for a new game and a break from the traditional shooters as this game is a 100% Crazy. I'll happily answer any questions, just leave a comment on this review and I'll get back to you ASAP.
on 7 October 2014
I feel like I have to leave this game a review - I dont do many reviews but this game deserves more love. I read on a few forums it was a bit of a sleeping hit on the Xbox One so bought it for my kids. We all have had a great time playing this - its a bit like having a Call of Duty or Battlefield done by Nintendo. Its basically a great fun shooter. No story really just various games and huge fun with good longevity. No sure I would have bought it for myself but if you have kids (5 & 8) then its a no brainer. My friends young kids play adult games but as a gamer I understand that is ridiculous. Buy a Wii U or stick to brilliant games like this.
on 22 February 2015
I've had my PS4 from launch and now a year has passed I can safely say this game has brought me the most enjoyment. Great with friends online and off. You can really tell when spotting the little things the designers/makers put a lot of love into this. The unlock system works perfectly and keeps you playing far longer than perhaps you should. If PvsZ 2 appeared in the future I would be first in the queue. Fabulous game
on 16 October 2014
A great fun game to play when you need to chill and give it BF4 a rest..lol.. its fun to play with the family as well.. So cute and hilarious.. We love it so much.. Its like cute version of Battlefield..lol
on 30 December 2015
I bought this for my son. But to get this to work it seems you need PS Plus subscription and you have to have an EA Account. You then have to link these together. This is far too much fuss and faff for a game for 7 year olds. Come on EA, sort yourselves out. The game has been unwrapped and discarded as other games were far more accessible.
on 24 August 2014
It's a very fun game. It has different modes that you can play online with other users. There is also a mode were you can play alone by setting it to private or you can make it public for anyone to join.
The only downside is that the game case was shattered so when I opened it the top part fell off and there were shards of plastic inside. But the way the postman was handling the post it could of been him. Other then that I really enjoy playing it. It's a game that's for fun and not hugely competitive like cod or killzone.
on 30 December 2014
Unsuitable for those between 7 and 13 years of age due to EA's Origin account age restrictions. This is not mentioned anywhere in the Amazon product image or description. It is only when you have the physical product in your hands that you can read the tiny reference on the back cover. Child unable to play and very disappointed, therefore 1 star.
on 25 August 2014
My original review slated this game as I could not connect to any game mode. After deleting the game from my PS4 and reinstalling it I managed to connect.

This game is really good fun and will keep you occupied for hours. The customisation options for the characters seems endless and adds an interesting twist to the game.

If you are like me, you will find it hard to put the controller down, not bad for a game that is marketed at the younger generation.
on 11 October 2015
If your kids wish to play a fun shooting game and obviously cod and battlefield are not suitable then this is the game for you.....
It's bright and colorful and the animation of the different plants and zombies are great...
It makes it clear on the box that you require online access to play the game but all online shooters need this....
Looking forward to the sequel, top class game.
on 17 April 2016
wasn`t happy that you can`t play game past menu at all without ps+ i thought it was just the basic psn subscription needed not the paid ps+ - i`ve just paid for the game so why have I got pay everything month for my little boy to play it - he was going mad for it for his birthday and now he can`t play it without subscribing.