5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book
This guy gets it. This is a long term solution to insomnia. It's not an easy fix - but that's his point. Strongly recommend.
Published 7 months ago by Adam

1.0 out of 5 stars A book for someone with very minor sleep problems. ...
A book for someone with very minor sleep problems. If you really can't sleep i.e day after day of sleepless nights followed by a hour or two and then more sleepless nights, then this book doesn't really help at all.The book advises you to quit any medication with a promise of replicating a 100% satisfaction rate from clients...similar to "x-ray specs" advertising...
Published 1 day ago by izabela glazowska

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 27 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 2 April 2014
I attended Guy's Sleep School a month ago and followed up by purchasing his book. I must say I was quite sceptical at first during the sleep school session, but as time went on during the day, I became more and more convinced that his methods could possibly work!! I have found the book very helpful as it confirms all and more that Guy covered in the daily session. I can actually say that I have purchased the book for my son and am about to purchase another copy for a friend. I know Guy said this was no easy fix and I appreciate that but I can also say that I have already felt some improvement in my sleep pattern so THANKS GUY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A cure for my insomnia!, 9 April 2014
I first came across Dr Guy Meadow's podcast over 18 months ago and was so impressed by his approach that I sought out an ACT psychologist in Melbourne to help me apply this approach to my insomnia, which I've struggled with on and off for around a decade. When I heard he had written a book, I pre-ordered it and waited in anticipation for its arrival for months. Finally when I read his book and applied what I had learnt through ACT I realized I needed to stop struggling with insomnia and within days I was sleeping normally again. And now when I have poor sleep, instead of fighting insomnia and inducing crippling anxiety, I simply embrace my insomnia and use the techniques in Dr Meadow's book. I can't recommend this book and the ACT approach to insomnia highly enough. It was a last resort for me after trying every other pill, potion and therapy available. ACT is simple to implement and more effective than any other insomnia treatment out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eventually Zopiclone losses it's effect and often makes the condition worse. I read this book as an introduction before ..., 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Sleep Book: How to Sleep Well Every Night (Kindle Edition)
I've had insomnia for 20 odd years and had tried hypnosis, cherry extract, valerian, lavender, melatonin, Zopiclone, Retimer glasses etc. and only Zopiclone helped me sleep for short periods of time. Eventually Zopiclone losses it's effect and often makes the condition worse. I read this book as an introduction before enrolling in The Sleep School's workshop for insomnia. However, I have not needed to enrol, for the past 2 weeks or so, since reading The Sleep Book, I have slept almost every night for at least 6 to 7 hours. It took a week practising the exercises before I was sleeping through the night and I'm still nervous the condition will return. However, if my insomnia does return I will attend a workshop to help embed The Sleep School philosophy more permanently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Guy what a guy!!!, 7 April 2014
Excellent logical and easy to follow couldn't recommend Dr Guy enough !
Being mindful is the way to go and not only has it made sleep better but has improved many other aspects of my personality

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Dr Guy Meadows, 28 Mar 2014
This is a very good book. Its clearly set out, discusses the relevant issues to Insomnia and I learned a lot about why problems arise. I have found in the last week that my fear of sleeping has diminished and I am using the Mindfulness skills in the book very well. One of the best books I have read on this subject - and I have read a few!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Feb 2014
Dr. Guy meadows was extremely helpful when I suffered with post natal insomnia after having had my baby girl. His strategies are based on science and fact, but are put across with great humanity. I would highly recommend dr. Guy for anyone experiencing insomnia or anxiety around sleep.

Very grateful mum of baby Evie :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely professional - Dr Guy Meadows, 2 April 2014
After I had my second baby I struggled to sleep, even when my baby slept, then I decided to read Dr Guy Meadows book and also attend one of his workshops, which was extremely helpful and I can say that my sleep has definitely improved!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book great Guy, 19 Feb 2014
I have been waiting for this book since Guy told me he was writing it!

Guy has helped me enormously with my sleep and this book enables Guy to reach everyone with his life changing advice!

If you suffer from too many sleepless nights or you know someone who does ....buy this book for yourself or others.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing that works, 22 Mar 2014
Having read and tried everything else on the market to try and cure my insomnia this book was a godsend. I did go to see Dr Meadows once and together with The Sleep Book which consolidated all that he asked me to do I am now sleeping well once again. Thank you Dr Meadows for giving me my life back