5.0 out of 5 stars but it was well worth it - possibly the best so far
I got the first instalment of this series in a post-apocalyptic box set compilation called This Is The End. Slow Burn: Zero Day was the first book in the box set and without waiting to read the others I downloaded the other Slow Burn books and read them all in about a week. I had to wait a bit for no.5, but it was well worth it - possibly the best so far.

Bobby...
Published 5 months ago by Rupert Webb

3.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed...
Published 4 months ago by Naomi C.

5.0 out of 5 stars but it was well worth it - possibly the best so far, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)

Bobby Adair is no literary genius, but he tells a good yarn and this series rattles along at a frenetic pace. I've thought several times that all the instalments should be compiled into a single book and I guess in the fullness of time they will be. In the meantime, however, it's a bit like reading the Dark Tower series as the instalments are released. The wait is worthwhile because it heightens the anticipation for the next bit.

If you read these books, you'll quickly invest in the characters and enjoy their story. I've studied the Google map of Austin to see where they are and I now can't wait for the tv series, let alone book 6. You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, (warning, minimal spoilers), 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
Ok, so I have just read through the reviews before posting mine as I didn't want to repeat what has already been said.
I know everyone has a right to their own opinion but there is one review in particular that grates on me a little as the reviewer has complained about the timeline and the way in which emotions are suddenly bypassed. I have to disagree I'm afraid, yes, Steph got over her partner quickly but that relationship was rocky at best before he died, yes Murphy is dealing with his grief well, but that's just Murphy and yes we are only a month into the zompoc after five books but that comes down to detail. I have read over 100 zompoc books from many authors (including the Arisen series mentioned in the review) and I have to point out that every book and Author is different in the way they pace the story. For instance, I started reading a particular series based in the UK approximately two years ago. Each book covers one day and I'm currently waiting for day 16. Relationships have been formed, friends have been found and lost, grief has been held, dealt with or put on the back burner but you have to try to think, what would it really be like in that situation? Would you dwell on grief when all around you people are dropping like flies? Would you harden as a person? Would spend six months getting over someone knowing that you have a 50% chance of making it through the day? Or would you live every day as if it were your last knowing full well it just might be?
Personally I really enjoy this series, it's not perfect but it's a good yarn, great characters, great action, well detailed and very well thought out as well has putting a good original spin on the virus. Considering what we pay for these stories as well ( and by that I don't mean e books are not worth a higher price tag) you get a good entertaining story that you can invest in. I have been a King,Grisham,Koontz,Herbert constant reader all my life and only moved over to the self published kindle authors a few years ago. I'm not missing my old favourites and I'm churning through great stories like there's no tomorrow. Thank you Bobby, keep up the good work. And to you the reader, remember this, a good author writes a story you can enjoy, a great Author gives you a story you can feel a part of but no author can do this if you don't open your mind and imagination enough to allow you through the door.
Kyle Beardsley.

5.0 out of 5 stars slow bur:Torrent.Book 5, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic series. What a fabulous imagination this Author has. l have been reveted to this book 5 as with them all cant wait for book 6. Just one thing i would like to know, what month is the FALL, for book 6?. I Have 2 weeks off work with nothing to read i am getting withdrawal symptoms already. Oh well will just have to read it AGAIN. Well done for a cracking read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Slow Burn, another twist, 5 Nov 2014
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
What I've liked about this indie novel series is how much better they got along the way. Book 1 was like most first novels that sell - not that bad, but not that great; the work of someone still learning his trade. Now, at Book 5, Adair is a seasoned writer, and far more attention's been paid to stuff like pacing, word choice, and characterisation.

That said, this isn't high lit, and doesn't pretend to be. Expect a decent, solid ride that'll leave you with some vivid images. It's a four-star from me because it's episodic, and I REALLY don't like the growing indie author's habit of not making each book self-contained. (Readers won't buy the next book just because you left the last on a cliffhanger; they'll just feel cheated.)

The best bit, though, is the extension of the unusual twist in the series (the narrator's a zombie.) There are signs the infection is starting to grip Zed harder, doubtless to be explored further in Book 6. How this plays out is key to the whole work. I wonder how many books there are going to be?

3.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed..., 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
Oh God, I really wanted to like this latest instalment. But really, 5 books in and only a month has passed? I have to tell you it feels like a year since Z-day. But a month? 4 short weeks and already Murphy believes himself to be in love... and is Steph supposed to be already over her previous relationship/bereavement and now having feelings for Zed, who of course is already over Amber and now also in love? The timeline is just all wrong and I'm just not sure I'm willing to put any more cash or time into this series. There are other zombie series where every day is described almost minute by minute but while it works in something like the Arisen books(Fortress Britain, Mogadishu of the Dead etc), I don't feel it works here. This book just feels like it's going nowhere and one has the sense that the series is going to run and run without getting anywhere. Other reviewers have described the other flaws really well so I won't waste time by listing the other annoyances.

Mr. Adair, it's time for a re-think (in my humble opinion)! I would probably give this two and a half stars if that was an option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully written and very exciting, 25 Sep 2014
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
Well what a page turner!! I got the first part of this series for free and before I'd read for half an hour I ordered the next two parts! Read them all now and eagerly awaiting number 6! Wonderfully written and very exciting. This is not the typical Zombie series and I would suggest that if you are reading this review you should immediately download the first free part - you will be hooked!! Congratulations Bobby Adair. Roll on the next part!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 July 2014
NP (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
I started reading this at 1.30am, intending to just give it half an hour before I went to sleep. Two hours later, the action finally let up enough that I could put it down! I just love the Slow Burn series and Torrent doesn't disappoint. I'm especially liking the emotional depth of the characters and the fascinating way the infected are developing.

This is intelligent, absorbing, thrilling storytelling and I can't wait for book six!

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to grip the imagination., 13 Nov 2014
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
Continuing the twists and turns of survival amongst the 'whites' without a pause from the previous novel in the series. The focus is perhaps a bit narrow and as such does not really develop the supporting characters as much as I would like. However the main characters and the thrust of the story is excellent and I read the book in very short order.Now on to Book 6 to see where we are heading next. Great series, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, 5 Sep 2014
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I am half way through book 5, having devoured them all in about 2 days - and I am already dreading the end when there's no book 6 to devour ... what am I going to do??? I have loved these and I've tried a few post apocalyptic / zombie books and they always fall short for me, but these have been brilliant ... when is book 6 due please ?? :-)))

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Aug 2014
B. D. Oneill (Leicester England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
I have read the five books in this series one after the other. This is only my second venture into Zombie books and this is a truly excellent adventure into an unknown world. There are twists and turns throughout both on incidents and human behaviour. Difficult to carry out in writing and make it convincing but Mr. Adair succeeds. Number six soon please.

Slow Burn: Torrent, Book 5