5.0 out of 5 stars Even better, even darker..., 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Twisted Dark Volume 2 (Paperback)
I have just finished reading Volume 2.

Wow.

I'm pretty annoyed at myself for taking so long to read this since I bought it a few months ago, but I can assure you that I will not be leaving it that long before Vol. 3 and Twisted Light.

Like the first volume, each story has a very dark undertone with an unexpected (and at times haunting) twist at the end. Saying that, this comic somehow seems to immerse you even more so than its predecessor. Each story is easily relative to today's society which is what makes it so powerful.

I also feel like it is worth mentioning that I actually read most of this book in an empty office, and the final story 'Popular' really freaked me out... Yet left me wanting more.

If you enjoyed the first collection, you're going to LOVE this!

Illustrations are once again nothing short of awesome, with credit going to an array of very talented artists who manage to catch the mood of each scenario perfectly.

Well done, Mr. Gibson - another fantastic piece of work and I can't wait to read the next volume!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Twisted Dark Volume 2 (Kindle Edition)
Up there with Alan Moore a diverse collection of effective dark tales. Everyone who has attempted the graphic genre should use quality storytelling like this as a benchmark.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Smile" was what had me, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Twisted Dark Volume 2 (Paperback)
This volume contains one of my favourite TD stories of all times in it, "Smile". It's one of the more horrific stories that I read, and after reading it months ago, it has still stuck with me.
It's a little racier than the first of the series. Gibson follows through though, especially with stories like "Smile". For reals, get it for "Smile" if you get it for no other reason!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 > 1, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Twisted Dark Volume 2 (Paperback)
I was thoroughly satisfied by the first installment in Neil Gibson's Twisted Dark series, but I can happily announce that the second is even better. I could feel the writer becoming more comfortable in his medium, the stories were more intelligent and complex, and some much darker subject matter was explored. Another aspect of the Twisted Dark universe that was far stronger in this volume was the idea of all the stories linking together: there were clear reflections of other episodes and characters in each section, and I can only look forward to this being exploited in more depth in volume three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twist again!!, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Twisted Dark Volume 2 (Paperback)
Twisted Dark Volume 2 is as brilliant as the first! The same dark tones and feel throughout all the stories again, but some however have a less "twisted" outcome. I honestly do think that this been a fantastic way of expanding the Twisted Dark Universe. Ultimately for us, the reader, it is a look into the darker aspects of the human mind and this Volume is able to show that in different ways.
Once again the writing from Neil Gibson, and all the artwork from the contributing artists is top notch. The style of the artists that Neil Gibson has picked to illustrate each story compliments the writing perfectly.

I would highly recommended this and Volume 1 to anyone with a love for comics, horror, suspense, and even the good old classic cliffhangers!

4.0 out of 5 stars More great work., 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Twisted Dark Volume 2 (Kindle Edition)
Personally, I preferred the first one as this felt a little softer. Still has an awesome black humour about it. Anyone who loved films like tails from the crypt will really enjoy this book. Keep them coming.

Twisted Dark Volume 2