Fans of the elder races will love this short story of Peanut/Liam starting school. As fans know Peanut is an interesting mix of wyr and other/human. Pia and Dragos are just like any other nervous parents but Peanut is his usual inquistive self who rises to the challenge of school, bullies and of having to control himself around others. There are some really funny scenes and once again Peanut manages to stun Pia! Definately buy - you will love it.
on 1 July 2014
A lovely read. Great characters and a fun plot, it made me laugh out loud a couple of times. Very short book obviously, being a novella. I'd love to see something longer on the same characters.

It's aimed at people who already know and love the Elder Races series, I guess if I hadn't read the previous books I'd have been a bit puzzled by it, so read those first.
on 8 July 2014
First off let me say that this is just a very very short read and please do not be disappointed if you are hoping for a longer book. This is a short story rather than a novella and designed to be just a snippet to keep all us eager readers poised for whatever goodness the author has planned next. I adore this series and the character Liam aka Peanut is always a delight to read about . From the very first time the reader realised just how sentient and aware he was he has constantly fought to steal the show! With Liam around there never a dull moment and finally he deservedly takes centre stage in this story. Liam is one of the most powerful of his kind and also one of the rarest . With a dragon for a father and a mystical mother( no spoilers here!) he was always destined to stand out but his rapid growth spurt has put them all in a quandary . What do you do with a baby who has grown to the size of a five year old? With the rate of Liam's accelerated growth it's clear that soon he will leave his childhood behind but for now his parents want him to enjoy what's left of his childhood. The solution is simple, let him go to school to learn what it's like to associate with other children but the playground may not be the best place for a young dragon to spread his proverbial wings! Children can be cruel and Liam is about to take a crash course in schoolyard politics!
I loved this! Yes it's short but I don't care as it was delicious to just peak into the lives of my favourite family ! Dragos is still coming to terms with recent events but always has the time for those he loves. Pia is so happy to have her husband and son but the thought of her baby going to school is almost too much. I adored the way the author captured that awful feeling of dread as Liam walked away, it's just a heartbreaking moment for any mother. As for our favourite Peanut, well it's odd because he is so articulate for a child and indeed the other children in this story seem quite worldly too but his inexperience and naïveté shine through. We even get to meet his first crush! What can I say I'm a huge fan of this series. It's short but entertaining and as usual I was enthralled . More please and I hope it's soon.
Liam may be only 6 months old, but the son of Pia and Dragos now resembles a sturdy 5 year old and is about to start school in order to learn how to interact around different people. Liam quickly uncovers the pitfalls and triumphs of the school environment; bullies, an abusive teacher and a first girlfriend.

This novella seemed particularly short, but there is still enough time for the author to establish a cute story line as Liam decides how he should act amid different situations. Pia and Dragos lend a guiding and protective hand when necessary, but Liam is already proving to be a loveable character and deeply intrinsic to the Elder Races world despite his young age.
on 14 July 2014
3.75 stars: PEANUT GOES TO SCHOOL is the third instalment in Thea Harrison’s Elder Races paranormal novella trilogy focusing Dragos, Pia and Liam Cuelebre. As the child of the only living dragon Liam is gifted with power beyond anyone’s imagination, and to combine them with his mother’s supernatural abilities and you have the makings for a very interesting childhood.

The story focuses on six month old Liam Cuelebre whose growth and maturity are years ahead. Hoping to socialize their little ‘peanut’ with other children, Pia and Dragos send Liam off to school hoping that their tiny dragon reigns in his powers if something should go wrong-and go wrong they do.

PEANUT GOES TO SCHOOL is a sweet storyline told in close third person POV (Liam) that follows Liam’s first day in grade one. From school yard bullies to a terrifying teacher, Liam encounters his first taste of predator and prey-and no dragon will ever be considered –the prey. Although the storyline is part of the Elder Races series, the novella reds more like a middle grade story because it is written from a child’s perspective.

Thea Harrison novella trilogy follows one supernatural family –from the birth of their first child to the first day of school. Every parent worries about the future-the what ifs and whys-but most never have to worry about their six month old child shifting into a white dragon that breathes fire and fear into a classroom of first grade students. We get an up close and personal look at one father and son relationship that can be measured by the love and emotional bonding; and a mother whose natural instinct to protect overrides all sense of well-being.
on 2 August 2014
As a fan of the Elder Races, I loved this novella and Peanut is so adorable.

Even though he is growing at a fast pace, he is also coming into his own and able to differentiate right from wrong. His first day at school is somewhat unusual but very interesting. The relationship in the family as a whole is exemplar.

I hope we get to see more of his story as he grows up. Well worth reading.
on 4 July 2014
I've read all the elder races books and novellas,and you just can't help but love dragos ,pia and peanut.so this is a must for those who love Liam,I can't wait to read more about him ,his family and the sentinal,we need more please thea!!!
on 12 July 2014
Love the Peanut books. Ms TH can you continue giving us these novels or novellas please? I read at the end that this is the final book on drago pia peanut.

It's a joy to read this series. The writing style is superb and make very enjoyable reading for adults too. Young kids can read this. So many issues for young kids can be addressed through the stories and written in such a way that was thought provoking and fun not only to kids but also to adults.

This one addressed bullying in it's two major forms.

Please make this a permanent long running series. Would be fab if they develop from novellas into full length novels following Peanut as he grows up. Please please please carry on writing about Peanut et al.
on 5 December 2015
Well what can I say. There is such love, tenderness and fun, it tells lovely story how can some one as strong as the mighty dragon be so tender with his son and give such love and understanding, I wept and I laughed. I have read all the elder races stories up to date, I love all of them, can't wait for the next one. Well doe again Thea. Wonder full.
on 7 August 2014
I new it would be a short story, and it was, I felt I was reading a book aimed at young teenagers, hence the 4 stars. I enjoyed reading the series but have felt disappointed with the short stories.