5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read :) (again)
Published on 18 Jan. 2012 by Miss T

2.0 out of 5 stars My first review ever. Wish it could be better!
My first review of a book I've purchased. And for all the wrong reasons! I had very high hopes for this book and the opening chapters did seem to set up a good gripping storyline. It seemed a good choice as I do like writers that keep with a central character. I think I must have started with best, and that was Lee Child and his Jack Reacher books. Just got a real sense...
Published on 22 April 2011 by Steph Dolphin

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read :) (again), 18 Jan. 2012
This is not the usual type of book I tend to read...but having been pleasantly surprised by other books of Mr.Jones(my very first being The Child Taker which is fantastic and one of the best books I have read in a while!a real chilling page tuner!) I just had to try this one out ...and yepppppp!! He has done it again for me...I loved it...cant wait to get the others...keep up the good work Mr.Jones!!!Tess x

4.0 out of 5 stars a great debut from a new voice in the thriller writing field, 25 Mar. 2011
I read a lot of thrillers and can honestly say this is one of the best debuts I've come across in recent times. The plot is fast-moving and believable and the author has clearly carried out extensive research. In its style of writing, it reminds me of the type of thrillers written by authors such as Gerald Seymour or my personal favourite, Stephen Leather.
I'm looking forward to reading book 2 shortly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series - will be reading more, 13 April 2012
Read this after reading his book The Child Taker, and enjoying his style of storytelling. It is the kind of story which would make a great Tv series - something similar to Spooks or Luther with lots of action, suspense and a banging soundtrack.
Loved the switch between America and Britain. Also enjoyed the descriptions of the different places, especially as having visited Liverpool and understanding the cityscape and landmarks which were under threat.
The switch bewteen characters was also a good aspect of the book, allowing for a more varied read.
I also really like the way the author spoke of many real life events and used them in the fictional tale. Some of these are obviously linked to a story about terrorism (9/11, 7/7, Madrid bombings), others more obscure (Columbine massacre.
All in all, a good, gritty, action-packed tale, and I will be downloading some more of Conrad Jones' books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 23 Feb. 2011
T. Robinson - See all my reviews
I have read the recently amended Kindle version of this book, and, after reading some of the previous reviews, it's obviously been improved. Having said that, there are still many factual, spelling, and punctuation errors........ BUT, despite those errors, this a really good book.
It's mostly well thought out, and written in a way that keeps your attention, and the need to turn the page to see what happens next is with you all the way through.
Conrad Jones highlights in this book just how vulnerable we are to terrorist attack, and what an amazing job our various law enforcement, and security agencies do protecting us.
Well done Mr Jones, I've already bought the rest of your Kindle books, and I'm looking forward to reading them.
Shame about the ending, though. Security agencies around the world would have been made aware of the existence, and distinguishing marks, of a certain character, so it would not have happened like that. That bit was not at all well thought out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read - ignore the grammar and spelling errors.., 11 Feb. 2011
M. Leese (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Picked this book and author up through browsing the top 100 lists from Kindle store and glad I did. Good to read books set in UK for a change. Realistic and fast paced and believable - apart from the odd factual error (like London is far more than an hour's drive from Manchester and Liverpool).
There are also many (and I mean lots) of grammar and spelling errors in the Kindle version which can at times spoil the experience.
Try not to let these mistakes get in the way of an otherwise great read.
I have downloaded the next part of the series already.

5.0 out of 5 stars not what i'd imagined, 3 Feb. 2011
Having know the author i thought i'd give him my support and read the book even though it was my normal reading genre.If the truth be known i picked the book up with limited expectations. The first night i dont think i put the book down much to my husbands annoyance - actually i dont think i even talked to him for a few days ! i was taken away by the story telling and the feeling i was actually there seeing the events unfold.The characters were real and the picture given makes them almost life like. Even though reading the outline of the plot of the book did not really fill me with enthuisiam once i started to read i just had to order the next book and then the next. The whole trilogy is a must read. i have even read them all over again just as the first time i rushed through just to find out what happens next. i often think about what the author has written and how true to life it really is, with all that is happening in this day and age. The trilogy is exciting , informative and educational and a must read for anyone .
SOFT TARGET III Jerusalem (SOFT TARGET SERIES)
Soft Target II Tank (Soft Target Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, Couldn't put it down., 2 May 2014
I really got hooked on reading this book, at some points it was is this book fact or fiction, as it was that much of a good read. At some points it was often scary to think that most of this book was taken from an area not far from me, and I know many of the places mentioned in this book,

What this book does do is show how vulnerable we are as a society.

Read this book a few times now, and its an excellent read, well worth getting and reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, still 5 stars!, 26 Nov. 2012
yes, spelling, grammar and syntax errors abound (this is what we e-readers must put up with for getting books for almost nothing!!!) but the characters are well developed (so much so that I actually felt sad when one of my favourites died) and the story is fast and furious. Greatly enjoyed the whole Tank series - hope Conrad hasn't put him into retirement because I want to read more!
Despite the editing flaws the whole series, for me, gets 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, Will Continue The Series, 15 Mar. 2011
I have to say I really enjoyed this book. A good read, which at first freaked me out a little that part of the plot is set in my home town, very near to where I lived. Therefore, I was able to easily fall in to the book and the surroundings of the characters.

In my opinion, the characters were developed enough and the ending left me wanting to read more from Conrad Jones.

Great book, definately worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Someone New, 20 Feb. 2012
Anthony V (Sidmouth Devon) - See all my reviews
I have to confess I got this as a freebie. I'll pay for authors I know.
For a first novel Conrad Jomes starts with a real cracker. The good guys win in the end.
But there is a cost at the end for one of them.
I won't spoil it but whilst fiction you could almost beleave the end game of our friends across the pond.
By the way I've just brought another Conrad Jones. Thats an endorsement from me.