5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read :) (again)
Published on 18 Jan 2012 by Miss T

3.0 out of 5 stars fast paced.
Good structure,quite short,plenty of action,could tell within four chapters what the outcome would be.
good knowledge of areas of cities.
Published 19 months ago by jim

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read :) (again), 18 Jan 2012
This is not the usual type of book I tend to read...but having been pleasantly surprised by other books of Mr.Jones(my very first being The Child Taker which is fantastic and one of the best books I have read in a while!a real chilling page tuner!) I just had to try this one out ...and yepppppp!! He has done it again for me...I loved it...cant wait to get the others...keep up the good work Mr.Jones!!!Tess x

4.0 out of 5 stars a great debut from a new voice in the thriller writing field, 25 Mar 2011
I read a lot of thrillers and can honestly say this is one of the best debuts I've come across in recent times. The plot is fast-moving and believable and the author has clearly carried out extensive research. In its style of writing, it reminds me of the type of thrillers written by authors such as Gerald Seymour or my personal favourite, Stephen Leather.
I'm looking forward to reading book 2 shortly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 23 Feb 2011
T. Robinson - See all my reviews
I have read the recently amended Kindle version of this book, and, after reading some of the previous reviews, it's obviously been improved. Having said that, there are still many factual, spelling, and punctuation errors........ BUT, despite those errors, this a really good book.
It's mostly well thought out, and written in a way that keeps your attention, and the need to turn the page to see what happens next is with you all the way through.
Conrad Jones highlights in this book just how vulnerable we are to terrorist attack, and what an amazing job our various law enforcement, and security agencies do protecting us.
Well done Mr Jones, I've already bought the rest of your Kindle books, and I'm looking forward to reading them.
Shame about the ending, though. Security agencies around the world would have been made aware of the existence, and distinguishing marks, of a certain character, so it would not have happened like that. That bit was not at all well thought out.

5.0 out of 5 stars not what i'd imagined, 3 Feb 2011
Having know the author i thought i'd give him my support and read the book even though it was my normal reading genre.If the truth be known i picked the book up with limited expectations. The first night i dont think i put the book down much to my husbands annoyance - actually i dont think i even talked to him for a few days ! i was taken away by the story telling and the feeling i was actually there seeing the events unfold.The characters were real and the picture given makes them almost life like. Even though reading the outline of the plot of the book did not really fill me with enthuisiam once i started to read i just had to order the next book and then the next. The whole trilogy is a must read. i have even read them all over again just as the first time i rushed through just to find out what happens next. i often think about what the author has written and how true to life it really is, with all that is happening in this day and age. The trilogy is exciting , informative and educational and a must read for anyone .
SOFT TARGET III Jerusalem (SOFT TARGET SERIES)
Soft Target II Tank (Soft Target Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good starter for five, 30 April 2008
Michael Watson "skirrow22" (Halifax, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Soft Target (Paperback)
A new author, a current terror topic and a fast-moving storyline. As a debut novel, the author has managed to create a scenario, mainly set in the UK which conveys to the reader just how easy it would appear to be to put in place a plan to hit 'soft targets' to cause maximum injury to innocent people.

That his team of anti-terrorist members deals with these so-called 'freedom fighters' in as harsh a way as possible seems a reasonable and appropriate response! The body count is enormous and perhaps glossed over a little too easily but, nontheless, I enjoyed the book and hope that the author can develop his characters as we progress through the next stories he has lined up for us.

I believe there are to be three books featuring this elite team. I look forward to the next.

I couldn't in all honesty knock off a star for the terrible proof-reading within the book but it does rankle when you're trying to follow the story and basic editing mistakes crop up. I did, at first, think I'd bought an uncorrected proof but apparently not!

4.0 out of 5 stars gripping thriller, 6 May 2014
After reading the reviews of this book on amazon I decided that I would give it a go mainly as the book is set near where I live so if anything I can relate to the locations in the book.

I have to say apart from some of the editing in the latter part of the book this isn't a bad book at all.

The story is actually well though of and gripping enough to keep you reading on

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and well plotted, 5 May 2014
I like this book because the story is fast moving , well written and well paced . The plotting is good and , although a certain suspension of the critical faculties is called for , the story is for the most part believable.

The writer deals well with various political and religious beliefs .

A book to enjoy .

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, Couldn't put it down., 2 May 2014
I really got hooked on reading this book, at some points it was is this book fact or fiction, as it was that much of a good read. At some points it was often scary to think that most of this book was taken from an area not far from me, and I know many of the places mentioned in this book,

What this book does do is show how vulnerable we are as a society.

Read this book a few times now, and its an excellent read, well worth getting and reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spy story, 29 Mar 2014
very good spy story with an nice twist to the ending .

very well told story to keep you interested

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 19 Mar 2014
interestingly accurate from a historical view Pont. gripping storyline. frighteningly realistic. worrying that it could be a true story waiting to happen