4.0 out of 5 stars An Intriguing Take on the Whole Atlantis Question--A Must Read, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Atlantis Pyramids Floods: Did Noah's Flood Destroy Atlantis and Damage the Pyramids? (Kindle Edition)
I’ve just finished reading Atlantis Pyramids Floods: Did Noah's Flood Destroy Atlantis and Damage the Pyramids? This nonfiction book is by Author Dennis Brooks. First, let me say I found the book eminently easy to read. It flows well, is nicely sectioned out for ease of reading, and progresses with its points in a methodical manner. Moreover, I learned much I wasn’t aware of about the whole Atlantis question. The author, Mr. Dennis Brooks, provides much insight into the idea of a flood being involved and he links this well to the pyramids of Egypt, which was totally new information for me.
And he does provide some intriguing evidence.

For instance, as much as I’ve delved into and researched the whole subject of Atlantis, I didn’t realize there was a salt line high on the Sphinx, just underneath the chin. And as we all know, such lines are usually the high-water marks of past floods. Mr. Brooks also provides information about the pyramids, as well, which acts to further corroborate his theory. So the book has much to offer the reader in this vein, of new and different information on the whole topic of Atlantis. For this alone, it’s well worth the read.

I did find some small problems with the book. First, I felt the book was rather short, and so wasn’t in-depth enough in some cases, didn’t delve deeply enough into some of those items mentioned, about which, I would have liked to have known more. Also, some of the sources cited to prove that Atlantis wasn’t a myth, aren’t so much actual bona fide sources proving the existence of Atlantis, but rather other people’s attempts to prove the idea, as well, and so this sort of “proof” seems a bit circuitous to me at times.

Also, some of the items didn’t seem to coincide well for me. I believe the one premise, a comet may have caused the flooding, to be a valid theory, but I don’t believe the comet could possibly have delivered enough water to raise sea levels so high as to flood all of Britain, etc., except for just a few mountaintops. Such a comet would have been so huge as to have been an extinction level event for just about every species on Earth. One ice mountain of water doesn't an ocean make. But this does not detract from the theory, just the details of exactly how it may have happened.

Do I believe this book to be a worthwhile read? Yes, absolutely. I recommend you buy and read the book. It has much to say that is new. Did it convince me Atlantis might have been brought low by a flood, in particular, the one we think of as Noah’s Flood? Yes, it did, although the exact cause of the flood, how it all happened, I was less convinced about. But as I've said, Author Dennis Brooks brings something new to the table. He’s reawakened my interest in the whole topic of Atlantis. And whether I choose to believe his case in every tiny respect, is a moot point; he still delivers it well. I give this book four out of five stars only because it was a bit on the short side for me, and because just some (not all) of the sources cited seemed more conjecture than factual sources. But as to Mr. Brooks theory about the flooding of Atlantis—he’s convinced me! And trust me; that takes some doing! Buy the book. You won’t regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Atlantis, 11 Dec 2014
Excellent read from Dennis Brooks. I have a better insight into the truth of Atlantis and the possibility of the story being close to the truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Nov 2014