on 31 January 2015
This is the review of the A6 model. The laptop has a lovely feel to it, not a cheap plasticy feel. it has one HDMI socket,,one USB3 socket and two USB 2 sockets, there is also an SD card slot. The keyboard is full size and of the chiclet type seen on Apple products, it feels ok to use, i have an iMac also and it feels very similar, not bad at all. Once setup and updated, which took me half a day, which is average I would say these days, the machine ran smoothly and I was impressed with the overall speed which was faster than I had expected.

One thing ive noticed, Windowa 8.1 is really meant to be used with touch and its so much easier with it. the touch is a great feature, works well, yes icons can be small in standard windows applications but you get used to that, its greatfor web browsing though. Stand mode is great and it has an on-screen keyboard and the main keyboard shuts off to prevent accidental keystrokes. in fact this entire review was written on the on-screen keyboard in stand mode as the laptop lays on my chest in bed....hee hee.

I'm pleased with it and recommend it, a great price and you get a lot for that money.

PROS:
Nice case feel
Fast processor
Large screen
Touch

CONS
Trackpad could be improved, not awful tho
on 13 November 2014
Got this in the A6 option and it is amazing! It takes 20 seconds to turn in from shutdown and 8 seconds to log on! Exceeded my expectations! Its a must buy and a bargain for the price! And despite what people say about the keyboard its really not that noticeable. I wouldn't have known it was like that if I hadn't read the reviews. Brilliant product. Lenovo has done well.
on 20 September 2014
Better than expected.
Performance is great for the price and build quality is excellent
on 19 November 2014
Great product... perfect buy for a University student excellent value!
on 14 October 2014
Very pleased with this laptop. Good specification, lightweight and flexible. Operating system and software was all set up and ready to go the moment it was switched on. The touchscreen is very positive and is especially useful when the laptop is set up in the position where it is resting on its keyboard. I would recommend this laptop
on 27 January 2015
Really easy to use with touch screen or scroll just missing a cd/dvd reader. This would have created the complete package
on 2 October 2014
This is a really good value laptop, for this price.

the touchscreen is fine , the capacity is fine, windows 8.1 works perfectly on this hardware.

I just have two concerns:

1.The whole keyboard panel is moving when you are typing what is a sign of the fact that the assembly quality could be a bit better. Makes a cheap impression honestly.

2. Another problem area is the memory , I think for this variant 4 Gb is just simply not enough , if I don't have any programs running , I am already at 30-40% of memory usage, and if I put video / audio streaming on , then majority of the memory is already used with using a simple task ( like what if I want to make a skype video call AND listen to background music at the same time?)

So if you have the opportunity, go for the ones which have 8GB memory with this AMD A6- 6310 CPU or buy additional memory straightaway ( although installation seems like being a bit more painful than it should be as you don't simply have a removable cover at the bottom of the laptop but you have to dis-assemble everything to get to the sockets)
on 18 January 2015
My son really enjoy hes laptop is brillant good for the prices and good quality defenely. Lenovo is the best laptop
on 11 January 2016
I have had this laptop for a number of months now and I'm am not impressed with the quality or performance .

I will start with the build quality as this is giving me the most issues.
It feels and looks rather cheap, the keyboard needs to be almost punched to actually type a full word.
The touchpad is very unresponsive and seems to have a mind of its own clicking what it likes and jumping around the screen.
The performance is mediocre at best, you can't have multiple programmes running without it crashing every few minutes.

The touch screen is this products only redeeming quality and even that is not as good as most cheap tablets.

All in all I am very disappointed with this purchase and wont be buying from Lenovo again.
on 8 September 2014
Came very early, great packaging. Great laptop, only objection is the screen is a a bit dim. Battery lasts long. The stand mode is great for watching movies or playing hill climb. Overall great laptop. Would buy again. :-)