5.0 out of 5 stars No need to tinker with autoexec.bat or config.sys here
Published 9 days ago by Vogue Harper

1.0 out of 5 stars No flippin instructions!
Kept crashing into the sea due to no instructions or tutorial as far as I could see. Deleted after ten minutes in frustration. Fix that games writers and you might have a good game and get more stars from me. Shame it fell at the first.
Published 10 days ago by Mr. J. Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars No need to tinker with autoexec.bat or config.sys here, 18 April 2015
Vogue Harper (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
I remember playing flight sims back in the PC days of 486s and the frustration of needing state of the art equipment to make them look like anything but flying a grey polygon over a series of brown and green squares in order to maintain a frame rate that even began to convey any sense of flight or momentum. It is therefore amazing to think today that we can have such amazing graphics and such smooth gameplay in a game being played on a mobile phone (full detail in my case on a Nexus 5). F18 Carrier Landing II Pro is that game. The flight model is very convincing and the gameplay is immensely fun. Very difficult to get the hang of it at first, even on simple flight controls, but you soon do and the satisfaction of successfully landing on an aircraft carrier at night in driving rain is brilliant. Lots of aeroplanes to choose from and the sound effects - radio chatter to and from the control tower makes for an extremely authentic experience. If you have a newer phone or mobile device, I would imagine anything released in the last year or so would run this smoothly on full detail, this game is an experience not to be missed especially if, like me, you have nostalgic memories of running flight sims in the early days of PC gaming!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Excellent!!, 12 July 2014
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
As always, RORTOS has given us the ultimate flying experience. You take control of the aircraft and fly different mission. You will experience frustration as you try and complete it but you will also get satisfaction when you do finished a difficult mission.

All in all, a truly great flying experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, that needs good hardware to run well (Sony Xperia Z2...PERFECT...Fire HDX...POOR), 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
Lovely little mobile flight sim..especially for fans of the full on PC simulators, that need a fix while travelling etc : D

A word of warning though...I bought and played it on the Xperia Z2 (that is quite exceptionally powerful for a phone) and it was smooth and looked fantastic...however, when I got home I thought Id try it on my Kindle Fire HDX....and it was horrible on that....almost looked like a differnet game (even with details on max..which was a slideshow as well as looking awful)...

It ran ok on low and medium settings, but still didnt have the detail and smoothness as with my Z2.....I certainly wont bother keeping it on my HDX.

so just make sure you have good hardware. You will be needing pretty much top of the line mobile tech to do this justice I reckon!

otehr than that...a cool game worth the price fo admission.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Best!, 1 Feb. 2015
GsyMoo (Guernsey Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
I already have two of the proceeding games on my ageing XOOM and I am both surprised and delighted that everything about this game is better, nicer, smoother, faster, prettier and more realistic than the previous versions.
The VTOL aircraft are a nice addition, as is the fact that you can run out of fuel.
The challenges are interesting and, well, challenging with a spot of poor weather able to make the most straightforward approach a real handfull.
No shooting stuff up in this one, that's the ANF version.
Maverick Out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun - and impressive, 20 April 2015
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
Very smooth on my Galaxy Note 2 and also on a friends Lenovo 8" tablet. A lot of fun and quite realistic in a limited way, congrats to the programmers for a great game. It took me a while to discover that the AV8B (aka Harrier) takes off with nozzles down and needs to reach flying speed (150knts) *before* vectoring the nozzles back ! (hint tilt forward to pick up speed). The other planes were a bit easier :-) Overall very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great - 6 Star - game!, 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
I would give this game 6 Stars if I could! I love it - it fills the desire for flying. It's a little difficult to get used to the control system, but once you're used to it, you're away. I think the game design is almost as good as a pc version would be, but on a tablet, the processing power is reduced. However, this hardly hampers the game at all, with just a bit of lag now and then. It's a very good game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game., 20 April 2015
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
For a flight sim there is still a good balance of playability and realism. Can just do a 5 minute session or a much longer campaign. Graphics are good and framerate is smooth on Xperia z1 although edges of islands are sometimes glitchy. This doesn't detract from the good game though. Love the chatter that goes on during flight also. Good immersion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get This Now!!, 18 April 2015
C. S. Elliott "Drakos" (Lichfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
Totally brilliant app - very frustrating at first to land the damned plane, but when you do, it's a really great feeling. The graphics on my Galaxy S4 are awesome and the gameplay is seamless.

Got this free - if you get the same deal, get it now and free your diary, 'cos you'll be hooked - awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars F18 Carrier landing pro, 24 April 2015
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
I am a big fan of flight sims and this one is superb high in detail and a nice mix of missions and to be able to pick between easy controls and what I consider proper controls is great especially for me as I fly radio controlled helicopters and planes. well done a must have for flight sim fans

4.0 out of 5 stars there are better out there, 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: F18 Carrier Landing II Pro (App)
This flight sim is good and fast it has a larger array of planes than the other sim by this company but is fire some reason a bit Boring. I would suggest trying out the passenger sim first. It has more exsitement and challange.
It's alright for what it is.

F18 Carrier Landing II Pro