5.0 out of 5 stars Charlie Wilson's Wardrobe
Superdry's prices make me Supercry. I celebrate the day Charles Wilson's hoodies came into my life.

I was so impressed I bought all the colours of these exceptional hoodies. Except for purple. I'm 33.

Published 10 months ago by Noel Mullen

2.0 out of 5 stars Not amazing...
Published 8 months ago by Scottie

5.0 out of 5 stars Charlie Wilson's Wardrobe, 6 Sept. 2014

I'd love to keep Charles Wilson's hoodies a secret but I don't think I could keep them in business alone. So here's the deal...you're all welcome to the purple ones but leave the other colours for me.

Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars great fit, great quality, 16 Aug. 2014
this hoodie is of high standards and its fits perfectly.
the material is very soft and comfortable, and also can be quite warm. perfect to wear on a cool day/evening.
I do not usually take the time to write a review, but i felt I really should for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best hoodie I've ever owned, 14 Oct. 2014
I got the hoodie just this morning, and I'm literally wearing it as I type this.

I will get its one flaw out of the way - the zip snags a little at the bottom for me, but I suspect it's because the hoodie is new, and that little kink will sort itself out, in time.

It fits brilliantly close to the body (almost like a hug from the father you never had), and what I love most is the big hood it has. it's pretty damn annoying when other 'hoodies' don't even have anything worthy of being called a hood - just some sad bit of fabric you pull over your head, making you look like a neckless creep.

it's stylish and it's casual - a perfect understated look, and I believe I shall order one or two more, as I strongly suspect I'll be living in these all year round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hug it..., 3 Aug. 2014
DARKcell - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Charles Wilson Premium Cotton Hoody
DISCLOSURE:
I was kindly supplied this item free of charge to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.

---- INTIAL IMPRESSIONS, DESIGN AND APPEARANCE ----

This hoodie arrived well packaged inside a protective plastic covering. No issues there.
The minimalist design, with one main colour, contrasting with the white from the thick drawstrings and around the zip, and a splash of red around the inside of the neckline, means that it stands out due to its simplicity. It goes with practically anything, and looks great while worn.

---- SIZING AND FIT ----

I usually wear medium tops. I got this in medium and it fits perfectly.
It's not a loose fit around the torso (but I like that), and the arms are slightly tighter. There is a 3" long elasticated cuff around the wrists, which is longer than most of my other jumpers, but I really like the feel of it.
I'm 6'1" and the arm length is spot on.

---- MATERIALS AND FINISH ----

This hoodie is made from 50% cotton, 50% polyester.
The stitching is fine and in three weeks use, I've had no issues with it.
I've got the Grey Marl variation, and the colour and look of the hoodie, is exactly as it appears in the Amazon product image.

---- EXTRAS ----

This hoodie has two medium sized individual pockets on the front. There are no other pockets or compartments.
They describe the hood as being of a 'boxing style'. I would say that was entirely accurate. It's large, the rim around the top/front is suitably chunky, and looks/feels great.
This jumper is warm. Very warm. It's not really the kind of jacket you might use on a warm day.

The only slight negative in my opinion is the zip. It may just be me being picky, but I would have loved to have seen a YKK zip, and would've happily paid an extra £5 for the exact same hoodie with such a zip. The `chunky' zip used can catch on itself whilst opening/closing, and it doesn't have a completely positive/smooth movement.

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

---- CONCLUSION ----

This is a brilliant hoodie, especially for the price. I have given it 4.5 stars. The half a star was removed due to the zip not meeting the high standards set by the rest of the hoodie. That being said, I showed this jumper to a family member, and they didn't have anything negative to say about the zip, and were baffled by my opinion. So, it could just be me. But seeing as this review reflects my opinion, and not someone else's, the rating of 4.5 stars remains.

Having only recently entered my life, this hoodie has rapidly become one of the favourites in my collection, and come the slightly colder weather, will be worn on a regular basis.

OVERVIEW
✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes.

PROS:
✓ Well packaged
✓ Looks great
✓ Feels great
✓ True to size
✓ Long wrist cuffs
✓ Very warm
✓ Boxing style hood

CONS:
✗ Zip movement not completely smooth/positive

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚
If you have any questions regarding this product, feel free to leave comments down below - I'm happy to help...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not amazing..., 9 Oct. 2014
Scottie (North East England) - See all my reviews
Considering the low price I paid for this item the quality of material is pretty good. The fit is quite snug, not comfortably so either. I purchased the medium which is listed at 40" chest which is exactly what I am but it is a bit tight. The sleeve length is a tad too short as well. I don't think I'll swap it for a large as it will probably fit awkwardly because of the intended body fitting shape. I haven't washed it so can't comment on the shrinkage but if it did, even a tiny bit, I wouldn't be getting back into it.

My biggest bugbear is the zipper - It is really chunky and stands out a bit too much (just a personal opinion) but also it doesn't fasten very well - a cheap zip on an otherwise well made garment. It seems to fasten up fine when your not wearing it but once on, and I'm assuming with the lateral pressure on the zip caused from the material wrapping around the body and being pulled more taught, it doesn't seem to want to locate or pull up at all.

A bit of a disappointment. I would have been cautious to mention these things in case mine was just a one off but scanning through other reviews I see this is more a common issue. Mine is going back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Charles Wilson Premium cotton Hoodie, 21 Oct. 2014
As a mum I want to see 'me boy' ( a(hem he is 27 !) sorted for the Winter - this Hoodie is of a good quality wieghtwise and more importantly the hood is of good size ( he has long hair)- so with his flying jacket and this on he can be warm on the outside ( we are in the North) whilst he as a musician will probably concentrate on keeping warm on the inside. Aware of making mistakes I was pleased he loved it -sorted !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Order 1 Size Up, 27 Oct. 2014
If you're like me and you don;t like your clothes clinging to you too much, order one size up. It'll still cling, but comfortably so. It's a great quality product compared to over priced alternatives. I plan to buy another!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy, perfect fit!, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Charles Wilson Premium Cotton Hoody
I have wanted a new hoodie for a while, and was drawn to the images of this one (mainly the contrasting drawstrings).

Due to the other reviews I thought it would be a good product, but I'm really suprised by how good it is.

I'm small, 5'4, and often have a problem getting clothes small enough. I ordered a small and it fits perfectly,even the arms aren't too long, with a nice snug fit around the body.

The hood has a really nice feel to it, pretty heavweight (as it's double fabric) but sits really nicely and feels like an actual hoody (ie, the hood sits as part of the design rather than just being tacked onto the back of any old top)

Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, great quality, fantastic price, will be purchasing more!!, 3 Nov. 2014
Hi Guys

Ordered one of this as the reviews looked promising, I wanted something of good quality/fit but not to pay over the top, at this price I thought there might be a catch, how wrong was I, arrived in good time, medium fits me perfectly (5.11" 12 stone) arm length is stop on and hood fits all the way over my head and keeps me snug to and from the gym or just out and about as winter closes in.

Wanted another colour but they only had green in my size, will be keeping an eye out for some other colours and ordering a couple more for sure, price label says £24.99 so a real bargain..

Buy one you won't be disappointed!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesomely comfortable, 21 Aug. 2014
Nice and soft, good quality zip and nice hood. My only slight gripe is that the arms are a little tight but that's really down to preference. All in all, a good quality hoodie at a good price.

Charles Wilson Premium Cotton Hoody