4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable
Published on 28 May 2012 by TriaT

3.0 out of 5 stars How long is this going to run for?
Published on 27 Oct. 2012 by Dipper

3.0 out of 5 stars How long is this going to run for?, 27 Oct. 2012
Dipper (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
Still got loads of spelling mistakes. Some of the story made for uncomfortable reading. Stuff happens but it seems to struggle to move forward....I wanted more to be revealed about why/when etc. I wonder if the writers know where they are taking this. I haven't bought the next series yet....feel like I'm being strung along and it could go on and on without the plot joining up or progressing fast enough. It's getting expensive too....

3.0 out of 5 stars Sack the proof reader and ease back on the sick stuff please..., 11 Jun. 2012
Didn't enjoy this as much as Season 1... less care seems to have been taken in checking the work (did the pressure to produce mean the authors raced to the finish?)

Did anyone proof read this? There are a few occasions where there are words missing or, worse still, the wrong character name is used.

Also, the writing about Boricio is taking a sicker turn - why so graphic now?

Anyway - my plea? More care, less sicko stuff and BRING BACK DOG VADER!

2.0 out of 5 stars It just could not hold me, 23 Dec. 2012
I read the first Season and then decided to try Season2 and frankly wish I had not. I was halfway through it when I suddenly realised I was simply going through the motions, somewhat like the story itself, and just deleted it. There is really nothing new in here and when the Humans start acquiring new "powers" I feel the author has run out of ideas. I can live with an "odd" character but when they start appearing wholesale that is the end as far as I am concerned. I am sure this all pans out eventually to make some sort of sense but that's the point, eventually. The story moves too slowly and I cannot help thinking it is being padded out for another "season".

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 28 May 2012
After getting the free copy of yesterday's gone I decided straight after reading it to buy the whole of season 1 and season 2. Though I agree with one reviewer who said it is not the best writing in the world the books are pretty great. Season two does change pace quite a bit and yes at times it is hard to keep up and was a huge dissapointment when several characters I'd grown fond of were killed off.
But I will keep reading when the new stuff comes along which thankfully I don't have to wait much longer for as I have really found these books fun, exciting and as I said really enjoyable.

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite so good as the first season, 29 May 2013
Loved the first season and was really looking forward to reading this... It started off well but got more and more drawn out and to be honest I was pleased to get to the end. Shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 5 Dec. 2013
After reading season 1 and loving it.i couldn't wait too read season 2. its as nerve racking,heart breaking and adrenaline pumping as you could ask for.also i did laugh alot at certain parts.the twists and turns i didnt see coming and the pace that never idles for long is brilliant.the characters are great and you get too love or hate them completly. people like desmond.who is a real rock and very much a natural leader.and then Borico who i see as a kinda of anti hero.you wana admire and like his style.but man his mental! the creatures are terrifying and also seem original. Thanx for a great read and lookforward too next season.i would recommend too every one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first!!!, 20 Aug. 2013
After finishing Season One I couldn't wait to read Two, but I was on holiday in Ireland and couldn't get it to download onto my Kindle, I seriously thought about E-mailing home for my husband to have it ready on my home pc as soon as I got home! needless to say I had to wait .. but it was worth waiting for, Wow, the writing of this gripping tale is fast paced and fluid and the stories really move along, just writing this makes me want to hurry up and get back to it, :) The characters are believable and most are good guys with one or two dark horses in the mix, there are one or two weak characters but they do show promise, so I am not disregarding them yet! This is a good Apocalyptic thriller, but with more varied characters than most and each story/plotline could stand alone, the seperate tales are full of intrigue and switching between them is effortless. (I am not normally a fan of switching back and forth between characters)

I am impatient, (As you may have guessed) and prefer to read the whole series as one book, but I don't know if I will be able to wait until all of season three is published, only time will tell. Thank you to the writers for trying out this new format as I am sure you will gain plenty of new fans along the way. The single episodes will ensnare readers who feel overwhelmed by whole books and this will show them that they can enjoy a good read in bitesize portions until they are ready to tackle larger versions. I am sure I will review again, as I will always give credit where credit is due! I am also sorry that I didn't get a chance to review series One but Amazon are a bit quick to ask for a review and even quicker to take away the link! So I missed giving it because I was only about halfway through reading it, and feel it is only fair to finish it before reviewing, something I am doing now cos' I didn't want to miss out again.
Well done Guys, talk to you again soon, bye for now Sharon

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 19 May 2013
You know how it is, when one day, you happen across an excellent TV series that you didn't know was there, or, after your friends and colleagues rave about something they have been watching on TV and you finally cave to see what all the fuss is about and you realise, 5 minutes into it, this is one of those that is going to hook you? You know how great it feels when you happen along a brilliant TV series (think Lost, Walking Dead, Fringe to mention but a few) and realise you have a shed load of episodes to immerse yourself in, ones where, at the end of each cliff hanging episode you can just press next on your remote control and keep watching until an entire weekend has gone by or you finally reach the end and want to throw the remote at the TV out of pure frustration because you DO NOT want to wait until the next episode is aired to see what happens next? Well, that is what you get with the 'Yesterday's Gone' series.
What a clever idea this is! Though I admit, I was not aware of this until recently, so I was not one of those eagerly awaiting the next 'episode' to download but have hungrily devoured the first two series in their entirety and am now on season three, but I know I am going to be screaming with frustration when I come to the end of it and am not sure if I will wait for the entire season four to download it (which is more my style) or if I will be unable to wait and end up downloading each episode. Time will tell I guess on that front.
Yesterday's done is a cleverly written, nail biting epic that will grab you by the throat and transport you to another world. If you are into post-apocalyptic, survival of the fittest, twist and turns around ever corner kind of genres then this is for you. I found with this book, the authors have taken a little bit of inspiration from some of my favourite books and TV programmes, have meshed them together to create a story which is almost like 'The Best Bits' of each and delivered it to me so I may feast. And feast on it I am.
The writing is fast paced and the characters are well written. I have a love-hate relationship with all of them, and Sean and David have not been afraid to kill of my favourite ones, leaving me wanting to scream at them, but at the same time eagerly reading on to the next 'episode' to see just how they will go on from there and to not be disappointed.
I have devoured the first two seasons and will most definitely devour season three.
I have talked about this in the office and have smiled at the looks on my colleagues faces when I talk about episode this and season that and note the confusion on their faces when they realise I am talking about a book and not a TV series but I know, intrigue alone will get some of them to buy this and then I know, they too will be addicted.
I have also read Z2134 prior to this and will certainly be reading more from these two authors. I love the topics they write about, all very current and trendy right now and I believe they are pioneers in a new market that will surely take off like wildfire.
Well done boys.

5.0 out of 5 stars The future just got darker...., 8 Oct. 2012
This is the second "season" of the serialised novel Yesterday's Gone written by Sean Platt and writing partner David Wright, that collects episodes 7-12 of this highly popular series; designed to read like one of your favourite T.V shows rather than as a more conventional novel with "episodes" that each end on a cliff-hanger leaving you, quite literally, further along the edge of your seat each time!

For those not familiar with the series already ~ READ MY EARLIER REVIEW! Done that? Right, well here's a brief recap for those of you who might have ignored that last part....

On October 15th, the majority of the Earths population disappeared. Just vanished. Leaving only a handful of survivors. But it didn't take long for them to discover that they were NOT alone....

Strange black creatures began emerging all across the globe...creatures with only one thing on their mind. Feeding. On us....

As the days and weeks progressed, these creatures appeared to start changing, altering, adapting.....EVOLVING!

With the end of Season One, readers were left with few answers, even more questions and one big doozy of a cliffhanger ending!

Season 2 begins five months later....

As we begin this latet installment, much has happened. Many of the characters have moved on and one paticular group has found what bthey believe to be a safe haven. But when their farm is attacked by the mysterious "Bleakers" as they call the monsters, the group nis forced to flee and take refuge instead in the compound of a strict and sinister cult. Here, it quickly becomes blurred who can be trusted as events begin to spiral out of control and to conspire against them...meanwhile, other characters from Season One likewise find their own lives becoming more complicated as some answers are revealed and it turns out that things are not at all what they appear....

This is a series that is hard to talk abut without giving anything away. Those deserate for answers as to wtf went on last Season get some revelations here that enlighten us somewhat to the bigger picture but there is still much to discover about what is actually going on!

This Season has good points and it has bad points. Bad points are that one character is introduced as being a part of one of the group of survivors with little explanation for his presence! (Yes Linc, I'm looking at YOU!) Also, a lot of the action focuses on The Sanctuary, the home for a Cult whose leader seems to have predicted Oct 15!

Good points are that we get some answers at last, the action flies thick and fast and we get caught up in the story before we even realise we are fast approaching the end!

Overall, this second Season (and we are told there will be 2 more- Season 3 is already available!) has more good things about it than bad and I can fully recommend it! Is it perfect? No, it's not but it does succesfully build on the world created in Season One and brings it even more colourfully to life!

And I love the fact that, this time around, not all of the characters you know and love live to see the final page! Get ready for some surprises.....

Season 3 is already loaded into my indle and will be read shortly. For now though, if you haven't already picked this sries up- what ARE you waiting for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted !!!, 28 Jun. 2012
Ok, so I freely admit that I'm the type of reader who likes to download all the freebie kindle books, especially anything zombie related. Having exhausted all the freebies I had no other choice than to start looking at the next price band !!! I came across "Yesterday's Gone" purely by accident. I wasn't exactly sold on the "Serialized Fiction" genre, especially after watching 3 episodes of "Lost" and thinking to myself "is this worth it ?". I have to say that I'm absolutely hooked with "Yesterday's Gone". My wife can't believe I've actually dipped into my moth eaten wallet and actually spent money downloading these books. Believe me, my wife knows me better than I know myself !!!

Firstly, it's enfuriatingly clever how I end up wanting to continue each characters' storyline when it ends in a cliffhangar. I mean, I know it's coming but just cannot help myself. Secondly, I am absolutely fascinated by the writing of the character Boricio. I know I shouldn't like him but I do !!! I'm loving the use of language and my favourite line by far is "Men are from Mars and women are from the crack of Uranus"......for some reason it's just my sense of humour. What a dark, violent, charismatic b*****d he is.

Just downloaded episodes 13 and 14 for the princely sum of £0.77 each and can't wait to read them at home, work and on the throne !!! Hey, that rhymes !!!!

Great writing guys, keep up the good work, I love it.

Cheers,