4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable
Published on 28 May 2012 by TriaT

3.0 out of 5 stars How long is this going to run for?
Published on 27 Oct 2012 by Dipper

3.0 out of 5 stars How long is this going to run for?, 27 Oct 2012
Dipper (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
Still got loads of spelling mistakes. Some of the story made for uncomfortable reading. Stuff happens but it seems to struggle to move forward....I wanted more to be revealed about why/when etc. I wonder if the writers know where they are taking this. I haven't bought the next series yet....feel like I'm being strung along and it could go on and on without the plot joining up or progressing fast enough. It's getting expensive too....

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite so good as the first season, 29 May 2013
Loved the first season and was really looking forward to reading this... It started off well but got more and more drawn out and to be honest I was pleased to get to the end. Shame.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sack the proof reader and ease back on the sick stuff please..., 11 Jun 2012
Didn't enjoy this as much as Season 1... less care seems to have been taken in checking the work (did the pressure to produce mean the authors raced to the finish?)

Did anyone proof read this? There are a few occasions where there are words missing or, worse still, the wrong character name is used.

Also, the writing about Boricio is taking a sicker turn - why so graphic now?

Anyway - my plea? More care, less sicko stuff and BRING BACK DOG VADER!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but...., 24 Feb 2013
When i read as part of series 2 (books 7-12) that the thing could go on for six or more series I thought no I'll stop after book 12 and there was nothing in the last book that made me want to buy another series.

2.0 out of 5 stars It just could not hold me, 23 Dec 2012
I read the first Season and then decided to try Season2 and frankly wish I had not. I was halfway through it when I suddenly realised I was simply going through the motions, somewhat like the story itself, and just deleted it. There is really nothing new in here and when the Humans start acquiring new "powers" I feel the author has run out of ideas. I can live with an "odd" character but when they start appearing wholesale that is the end as far as I am concerned. I am sure this all pans out eventually to make some sort of sense but that's the point, eventually. The story moves too slowly and I cannot help thinking it is being padded out for another "season".

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 28 May 2012
After getting the free copy of yesterday's gone I decided straight after reading it to buy the whole of season 1 and season 2. Though I agree with one reviewer who said it is not the best writing in the world the books are pretty great. Season two does change pace quite a bit and yes at times it is hard to keep up and was a huge dissapointment when several characters I'd grown fond of were killed off.
But I will keep reading when the new stuff comes along which thankfully I don't have to wait much longer for as I have really found these books fun, exciting and as I said really enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The story continues and keeps me on the edge of my seat, 16 Jan 2014
Having been pulled into "Yesterday's Gone" by the first season, I very much wanted Season Two to keep up the pace and the excitement.

It did not disappoint.

Keep it up chaps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such Great Narrators for what is a definite future classic, 28 Aug 2014
This comment is about the audible versions that you can get for only £3.45p
If you got the kindle that is

I get the sense we are in for an epic. having just finished Swan Song by Robert Mccammon I was ready for that kind of world again, with well written and believable characters acted by professional voice actors, set in a post apocalyptic world.

What great narrators!

The choosing of having multiple voice narrators is an excellent move, and works very well.
It works but thankfully is Unlike a dramatisation , it gives greater reality to each person.
But I would prefer if male and female characters were actually played by males or females
As that one thing is usually what can lack when having one voice actor, and it seems a waste and counter productive not using male voices for males and females for females with such a great talented cast.
I also agree that having Luca play the voice of older characters is wrong
I was tricked by this at first but then discovered it was Maxwell doing the older voice
Surely maxwell should be doing the other younger voices, the male teens?
Anyway apart form that I think the who enterprise is so professionally done I can't really complain, as such attention and effort to get narrators for each role right is so rare.
So I have nothing but positive things to say about ALL the narrators and as for others saying change them, that is plainly ridiculous! As I have never heard a audio book casted so perfectly .

4.0 out of 5 stars Going good so far!!!, 29 Oct 2014
I very rarely write reviews - I am always convinced that not many people will be interested in my lowly opinion!!! However, having read the first two seasons of Yesterdays Gone, and read the heartfelt plea at the end from the authors, I feel compelled to leave a short review.
I have always loved the post-apocalyptical books and series (The Stand, The Walking Dead etc.) ever since I was a teenager, probably not really suitable reading for a 40 something mum, but hey, I enjoy them. This series does not disappoint when stacked against a lot of the others I have read, I am not finished will all the seasons yet, but so far so good. I won't say it has as much tension as The Stand or as much gore as The Walking Dead, but I do find myself loving some characters and disliking others and picking it up at every opportunity just to read a few more pages.
If you are a fan of this genre you could certainly do a lot worse than this series (I know, I have read a lot of them and there is some quite awful ones around) an I would recommend this read, there are a few grammatical error, but these do not detract from the story, in my opinion and I am quite happily about to start on season 3 - won't please the family, as I will sitting comfortable in the corner, with my nose in my Kindle and ignoring dinner again - oh well, you only live once, unless you have a handy Luca around of cause!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 5 Dec 2013
After reading season 1 and loving it.i couldn't wait too read season 2. its as nerve racking,heart breaking and adrenaline pumping as you could ask for.also i did laugh alot at certain parts.the twists and turns i didnt see coming and the pace that never idles for long is brilliant.the characters are great and you get too love or hate them completly. people like desmond.who is a real rock and very much a natural leader.and then Borico who i see as a kinda of anti hero.you wana admire and like his style.but man his mental! the creatures are terrifying and also seem original. Thanx for a great read and lookforward too next season.i would recommend too every one.