5.0 out of 5 stars Super DAB for a super price!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:49 Mins
Really great radio for the price. Not found any issues in dropping and found the build quality to be really good! Really impressed.
Published 12 months ago by Beardy_Man

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice radio, a real shame it doesn't work properly!
Published 1 month ago by Guy

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice radio, a real shame it doesn't work properly!, 6 Jun. 2015
Guy - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
A nice radio, a shame it doesn't work! A very nice looking alarm radio and a quality feel. Unfortunately, I've had to request a return and refund. As with many other reviewers the radio intermittently cuts out on all DAB channels. I live 3 miles from and in line of sight of the Crystal Palace transmitter so quality of signal is not an issue. Also, I tried it both on battery and mains but the issue remained. I have 3 other DAB radios in the house (2 Pure and a Roberts) and they all work fine, so I'm afraid this radio is a dud which is a shame.

The other issue is the buttons which work, at best, intermittently which is very annoying.

Sound quality on the other hand (given the cost and size of the radio) is very good.

So, disappointing , not a radio I can recommend. Better build quality and it would be great, especially for the price. As it stands, I'd rather pay an extra £10 or so for something that works!
I'll update this review once the seller TotallyGadgets responds (or otherwise) to my return/refund request.........

UPDATE (15/6/2015). Well I got a prompt refund from TotallyGadgets and an email asking me to withdraw my 2* feedback! I really dislike sellers asking me to change honest feedback when they've just sent me something that doesn't work. It's not as if I'm a one off case, see the other reviews!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super DAB for a super price!, 27 July 2014
This review is from: KitSound Revive DAB/FM Radio and Alarm Clock - Black (Electronics)
Length:: 5:49 Mins

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but sound quality isn't amazing., 24 July 2014
This is ok as far as DAB alarm clock radios go.
Good points - The size isn't too big so it fits nicely on the bedside drawers and isn't too overpowering (still room for a lamp and book etc). The alarm clock does the job of waking me up (which is no mean feat as I am a heavy sleeper). The look is simple and sleak and the black is quite matt which I quite like.
Bad points - Unfortunately the bad points are with the DAB radio. The sound quality is not great. I have a DAB radio that has better sound quality. The signal strength isn't great either, which could be to do with where in the house it is (I'm not sure). When I move around the bedroom past it it has a tendency to drop the signal and go silent for a few seconds.

2.0 out of 5 stars The CLICK CLACK CLOCK...!, 16 Dec. 2014
I would heartily recommend you purchase this if you are the kind of person who thrives on being thrown into an irritable rage first thing in the morning and last thing at night, otherwise, it is best avoided.
My previous FM Radio Alarm Clock finally gave up the ghost after 20 years faithful service and much hungover abuse. After taking to the joys of having a Pure One digital radio in the kitchen, it seemed logical to stump up a bit more cash & bring DAB to the bedside arena. I have now lived with this thing for several frustrating & arduous months and come to the conclusion that it needs a serious redesign.
Let's start fairly positively, and then slide into despair... The sound is actually pretty good considering it's a small speaker, the build is good, sturdy and sleek.
The buttons... CLICK CLACK!!! I know, it sounds stupid, but these buttons will grind you into a weeping pulp of tired timidity. They're so loud and you have to press them so many times to make the damn thing do what you want it to. The placement of the 'Scan' button right next to the 'Standby' button is a fail. Inevitably one hits the Scan button instead of the Standby button and then you sit for 2 minutes staring at the blighter whilst it performs its task and lands on a channel you don't care to hear. You can't set the alarm whilst you're listening to the radio. So, you go to turn the radio off to set the alarm but in a sleepy haze hit the Scan button instead... *Cue rising rage* When the radio alarm comes on in the morning the volume ramps up quite quickly to incite a mild morning panic as you struggle to hit the right button. Occasionally it will pick a random station for you to wake up to as well, just to add a little spice. There is no option to turn this stupid ramping function off either. The signal strength is poor, producing many dropouts, usually at a crucial listening point in a fascinating feature one has settled into with a glowing warmth of peaked interest. I tested this against my Pure One DAB radio in the same place just to check and it had no dropouts whatsoever.
Get this...the clock doesn't tell the time when the radio is on! Yep. The screen gives off the kind of light that sleep science boffins preach not to look at before going to bed. It's the equivalent of a smartphone screen with the brightness on full, in fact, so bright I've made a little cover for it...
I like the company ethos and blurb of KitSound, they're all musicians with a passion for what they do, I'm a musician, they're kindred spirits surely! I thought..."It must be good".... I so wanted it to fulfil my bedside dreams, instead it broke my nighttime spirit... Please KitSound, take it back to the drawing board.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but the buttons are small and unresponsive, 4 Nov. 2014
Disapointing. Looks good but the buttons are small and unresponsive. It is not intuitive to use so my daughter never uses the alarm which is what is was bought for.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read some of the other reviews which are not so good, I put batteries in and it kept cutting ..., 22 May 2015
I bought this as I had some vouchers to use up so a lovely little freebie for me. I have read some of the other reviews which are not so good, I put batteries in and it kept cutting out then I realised batteries not the best so I run on mains electric it works perfectly. Small and compact in size sits on top of the fridge in the kitchen so perfect stations for us old wrinkly rockers who can tune into loads of stations and do a bit of headbanging whilst cooking the tea. It is a budget priced item so bearing this in mind the sound is fine and crisp, I am well pleased with this item and have no hesitation in recommending it.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 13 July 2015
Its just what you would expect at this price, cheap and nasty

2.0 out of 5 stars It has this incredibly annoying habit in both alarm and normal radio mode of ..., 28 Oct. 2014
The sound quality is just... okayish, nothing more. It has this incredibly annoying habit in both alarm and normal radio mode of constantly cutting out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jun. 2015
A very nice little radio

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Aug. 2014
brilliant - love the new alarm clock - would of liked a louder alarm on it lol