on 22 July 2014
I loved this book! It's a definite must read for anyone interested in horses and/or racing, even if you don't have much of a clue about the industry.

The story will make you play detective as you try and work out who the culprit is. I was so sure I knew who it was only to be completely wrong...good thing I don't plan on going into the police force or even law for that matter, I'd be rubbish! However, I love how the author makes you question everyone and that it's not predictable about the outcome or the reasoning behind. I get bored and annoyed when books become predictable, it just ruins the element of surprise, but this story definitely does not do that and I ended up so engrossed, promising myself just one more chapter, only to still be there an hour or two later - oops!

Alongside the crime mystery there is also a romance story which I love. I'm such a sucker for good romance novels... Although this is slightly more predictable, I still got swept away in the story and found myself laughing and also crying (in happiness though!) which is slightly embarrassing, but it just goes to show that I got completely engrossed in this book!

The book caters for everyone as even if you don't know much about horses or racing you can still follow along with great ease as she cleverly gives explanations about aspects that might be confusing within the industry. For example, the purpose of the handicapper and weights is explained really well, which I really liked as, although I do enjoy going to the races, I was still slightly unsure about how this worked, but luckily, I'm now more clued up.
on 8 January 2015
Another good book and can't wait for book number 4 in the series. Loved the characters and the story line.
on 22 July 2014
loved book next one in series i have read all this authors books like them all
on 8 August 2014
This is the 2nd Hannah Holton book I 've read...Love them, can't wait to start the next one...and I never cared much for reading books.
on 26 February 2016
Excellent all round thanks
on 19 November 2014
Great story
on 9 February 2015
hannah seems to be writing to a formula but it is an enjoyable one/
on 7 October 2014
Good book
on 20 July 2015
really a love story rather than about horses
on 25 August 2015
Excellent book bought the series