5.0 out of 5 stars Not ultralight, but has dual charging ports and is well made & very powerful - even in moderate UK sunshine., 22 Aug 2014
O. Lund (Sarasota, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solar Panel, VINSIC Solar Panel 14W USB Charger, Foldable and Portable Dual-port Solar Charger for iPhone 5 5S, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, 5V USB-charged Devices (Black) (Electronics)
Excellent high-power solar panel. I've (unscientifically) checked its performance using my digial USB power analyser and it easily puts out more than the standard 500mA on both charging ports in moderate sunshine and charges "fast charge" devices at up to 2.1A in direct sunshine on a single channel. The charged device has logic circuitry to decide how much power it draws and some devices (our son's iPad Air for example) may require a "fast charge" cable (I have one from PortaPow) which emulates the USB Fast Charge standard to persuade the device to draw the maximum amps this panel is able to put out.

This panel is very powerful and has spare capacity to keep charging - albeit at slower speeds - even when the sky starts clouding over. It is ideal for charging external battery packs; just make sure your battery pack is able to draw +2A of charging power or you'll be wasting capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Vin-tastic'!, 3 Sep 2014
Two Words - Absolutely Brilliant. I could tell it was a Quality Product as soon as I held it in my Hands and did a close Observational Analysis, furthermore, when I Tested it, on this Very Dull/Overcast Evening @18:30hrs, (through the Living-Room Double Glazed Window) it actually began to Charge my iPhone 5 !!! - Amazing.
On my Backpacking Trips I will obviously be Charging via my Back-up Battery Pack but just out of curiosity (like a Kid with a New Toy) I had to plug it into the Phone Directly! I'm astounded that it actually even attempted to throw-out any Charge at all on this 'Severely' Overcast Late Evening (pre Thunderstorm).
I've never had a Portable Solar Charger Like this in the Past & so was doing some Online Research & Reading lots of Articles; The Choices are plentiful and the Pro's/Con's along with the occasional Scathing Review! can leave you 'on-the-fence', so to speak, scared to take that final Step/Purchase! But I now know I got it Right with this Version/Make/Model..

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 July 2014
Great bit of kit I recharged my ipad 2 and iphone 5 with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing quality for £36, 22 Sep 2014
Is working well in October at 17.52 getting 460ma through double glazed window my small 3.5w panels only getting 100ma so this is allot better. Must really put out 2a in summer as today is a bit sunny but very hazey poor visibility. Would buy another. Also good build quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Oct 2014