5.0 out of 5 stars A suckin' good gadget!
Published on 25 July 2012 by J. G. McMillan

3.0 out of 5 stars ok i guess
Published 9 months ago by tom

5.0 out of 5 stars A suckin' good gadget!, 25 July 2012
J. G. McMillan "Wee Jim" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I'll make this short and sweet - it holds my Silicone covered iPhone 4 easily with stacks of adjustment for other handsets if I wanted. It stuck to my windscreen like s*** to a blanket so no securing problems, seems well built and sturdy. Because it has a fairly short stock it does not vibrate or shake and can turn the iPhone 360 degrees if required. I keep mine fixed upright as I don't want to be fiddling with the fitting while driving. The small trigger that releases the "squeeze" position is certain and one press does it, so no messing around if you want the phone released quickly. The cushioned pads that hold the phone in place are generous without being too spongey. All in all this is a great wee phone holder and dead easy to put together and fix in place. Five minutes is too long to set up. Just buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality product, 21 Mar. 2014
This fits perfectly onto my Ford S-Max head rest stems, the clamps are solid and weighty chrome steel (not plastic) and connect to the headrest with a snug fit, the metal clamps are lined with a soft plastic material to cushion and protect the headrest stems. Wingnuts hold the clamp in position, so this feels really solid. All the fittings are adjusted on the rear of the seat, so nothing sticks forward fro the front passenger to catch their head .. it's been thought through!

The headrest clamp connects to the iPad mount via a ball and socket array - I was worried about this ... but it's 'perfect', it is just the right stiffness to allow the iPad to be re-positioned, but also keep it perfectly still. The holder is made of good quality plastic, and all the main screws have metal inserts, so it's pretty strong. I have tried a couple of iPad headrest mounts, and not really been happy with the quality or deign - for me, this model is the best design and build quality i've seen so far. And the price is great. I've just ordered a 2nd one for the other seat (I have twins). Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Suitable for Xperia Z Series, 4 Jan. 2015
J. Ledger "Jake" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
Bought this a couple of months ago skeptical as most holders I've bought in the past have been cheap nasty and fallen apart within weeks or they've fell apart on the dash with the phone in.

Anyway this product has done the brand proud. The method of loosening and re-tightening on the ratchet it very ingenious and easy to use. I also like the fact that there's two fold out arms so that if you have the phone vertical then it stops it slipping down. Not that it would but It also give you a good position to line yourself up with.

I also like the fact that the sides are padded with foam. This gives better protection than the normal rubberized plastic that you find. It also means that once you have the clamp arms in place you can leave them there and just slip the phone in and out of the arms rather the undoing it and re-winding it all the time.

Also the clamp to sucker the device to the window feels very secure. I fixed it to the dash when I first got it a couple of months back and it's still holding strong. The ball style of the arm also makes it easy for you to angle and rotate the phone easily and the screw wheel on the backs allows you to lock it in position. I've found that you can just leave it a little loose giving you the freedom to still move the phone around but it doesn't move around on it own with vibrations or anything like that.

Anyway end result is a good product which I would recommend.

Just for info I use an Xperia Z phone in the clamp and I have also tested with an Xperia Z1. Both fit fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok i guess, 16 Jun. 2014
was v pleased at first, as the feature to press a button to release the phone was very handy, however it no longer works in that way (after a few weeks) and i have to prize the phone from the grip - cant see it lasting very long for that reason, but to be fair i work as a delivery driver, so it probably gets more use than most. otherwise its great, grips well, mounts well, and rotates in every direction...

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it on our iPad 3 when used as our Sat Nav in the Car., 17 Sept. 2013
Works brilliantly and the suction pad to hold it to the glass is also brilliant.
Our iPad does not move but recommend resting the bottom on the dash which is what we do. We saw this recommend from another purchaser and it is a good tip.

5.0 out of 5 stars HD Zone's Suction Mount Holder, 30 Oct. 2013
I actually ordered this product for use in an aircraft. Very well made, sturdy and fulfils the function an "aviation" equivalent for a fraction of the cost. One very minor issue, it is advisable to "rest" the base on a permanent surface which stops the unit vibrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Cheap, Effective, 26 Aug. 2012
F. B (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I didn't really expect anything special about this. The price was cheap so, let's try it. But the reality was different. This is a great product, well design, does not look cheap, works perfectly and it will work for the next generation of your phone too! iPhone 5? I've tested this on a 10 day trip to LA and it passed all the hassles. I've detached it several time a day without any problem. So, I am really recomend this for anyone who want to use the phone as a GPS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and it works, 19 July 2012
I have tried a number of different car holders for my new Samsung S3 and this is by far the best and not the most expensive. It is simple, strong and when fixed to the screen holds the phone securly with no wobble. Great value for money and it works :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus 4 car holder, 11 Jun. 2013
I Did my research before settling on this one and I am very happy with it. It fixes securely to the windscreen and has a wide scope for adjustment. I work in a job which involves visiting several people a day and rely on my phones Sat Nav rather than having to set up and carry my heavy TomTom. I can put my phone still in its leather case into the holder which is very convenient for me and pops out with the press of a button. More expensive than others but worth it, it feels well constructed.

Update: This broke within a year of normal use

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 19 Aug. 2013
Pretty much perfect. Solid suction and almost vibration-free mount. Much better design and build than some of the cheaper (5-6quid) alternatives on Amazon UK. Highly recommended, and I really like the quick release mechanism.