5.0 out of 5 stars A suckin' good gadget!
Published on 25 July 2012 by J. G. McMillan

3.0 out of 5 stars ok i guess
Published 4 months ago by tom

5.0 out of 5 stars A suckin' good gadget!, 25 July 2012
J. G. McMillan "Wee Jim" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I'll make this short and sweet - it holds my Silicone covered iPhone 4 easily with stacks of adjustment for other handsets if I wanted. It stuck to my windscreen like s*** to a blanket so no securing problems, seems well built and sturdy. Because it has a fairly short stock it does not vibrate or shake and can turn the iPhone 360 degrees if required. I keep mine fixed upright as I don't want to be fiddling with the fitting while driving. The small trigger that releases the "squeeze" position is certain and one press does it, so no messing around if you want the phone released quickly. The cushioned pads that hold the phone in place are generous without being too spongey. All in all this is a great wee phone holder and dead easy to put together and fix in place. Five minutes is too long to set up. Just buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Headrest Mount, but not for small cars, 31 Mar 2014
J. Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased 2 of these so I could keep the kids entertained on a long drive we have planned, overall they're great, however we have a Kia Picanto, and the headrest mounting bars are too close together for this product.

Also, to mount an iPad Mini or a Nook HD, I had to use it 'sideways', which means the single clamp needs to fit on either the left or right hand side of the device, rather than the top as pictured.

It still holds the tablet securely, but I'd expected it to fit in the orientation shown, as this would be slightly more secure.

I've decided to modify the product slightly, first I tightened the headrest clamp plastic wingnuts, then I hot glued plastic tubes from the centre of a Dymo Label roll to the headrest clamp part, and the two headrest bars slide through and into the seat, it's a bit of a bodge but as the plastic tubes are pretty strong and dark grey they aren't noticeable, and if required I can always remove them if I change cars.

If you don't have a Dymo printer or similar, then almost any shop that uses thermal receipt printers ( which is basically all shops ) will have them, just ask them to save you a couple when the till roll runs out!

I also purchased a Wireless Bluetooth Portable Outdoor Mini Stereo Speaker, by Icemoon, which for the size and price is brilliant, and one of the kids will use this for the audio ( he's almost 3 but won't keep headphones on in the car ) and my daughter, who's older can just wear headphones to listen to her movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built for the price, 12 Oct 2013
Why buy a complete Satnav when you can use a tablet that is also a phone, a book, TV, MP3 player.... Place yout 7" tablet on it, get Waze or CoPilot for Android and drive away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and it works, 19 July 2012
I have tried a number of different car holders for my new Samsung S3 and this is by far the best and not the most expensive. It is simple, strong and when fixed to the screen holds the phone securly with no wobble. Great value for money and it works :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jun 2013
Given the very modest cost of this product I bought it on the basis that if it was poor quality I would not have wasted much money. I am however delighted with the product which is robust, secure and fits the bill perfectly for windscreen mounting an Ipad to use it's built in navigation system.
Excellent value for money and a very good product.
Would definately reccomend purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it on our iPad 3 when used as our Sat Nav in the Car., 17 Sep 2013
Works brilliantly and the suction pad to hold it to the glass is also brilliant.
Our iPad does not move but recommend resting the bottom on the dash which is what we do. We saw this recommend from another purchaser and it is a good tip.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok i guess, 16 Jun 2014
was v pleased at first, as the feature to press a button to release the phone was very handy, however it no longer works in that way (after a few weeks) and i have to prize the phone from the grip - cant see it lasting very long for that reason, but to be fair i work as a delivery driver, so it probably gets more use than most. otherwise its great, grips well, mounts well, and rotates in every direction...

5.0 out of 5 stars HD Zone's Suction Mount Holder, 30 Oct 2013
I actually ordered this product for use in an aircraft. Very well made, sturdy and fulfils the function an "aviation" equivalent for a fraction of the cost. One very minor issue, it is advisable to "rest" the base on a permanent surface which stops the unit vibrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Cheap, Effective, 26 Aug 2012
F. B (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I didn't really expect anything special about this. The price was cheap so, let's try it. But the reality was different. This is a great product, well design, does not look cheap, works perfectly and it will work for the next generation of your phone too! iPhone 5? I've tested this on a 10 day trip to LA and it passed all the hassles. I've detached it several time a day without any problem. So, I am really recomend this for anyone who want to use the phone as a GPS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for the price, 29 July 2014
Purchased the car head rest mount for occasional use every other weekend for a few hours and so far it looks a good purchase.The quality is good considering the price against other headrest mounts on the market. It holds a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 no problems at all. The main worry for me was whether the tilt arm would take the weight of a bigger tablet, and hold it at the desired angle. But it's holding firm and i would happily recommend this car head rest mount to others at this point in time.