Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 21 November 2014
Love love love this book.
I won't go through the blurb again but suffice to say J.D has created two very strong & likeable characters with Xander & Isla and not only that they are not 'perfect' characters in looks or otherwise...shocker I know! This in itself has given this book a very real feel.
It is dirty...it is funny...it is full of drama...it is simply put a brilliant book!
Then we get to the end....really?
Grrrr how can you leave us hanging like that!
The queen of the cliffie is here and I cannot wait for the conclusion to their story!
on 30 June 2014
*Warning this Novel is Very Sexually Expcit**

The Player is an exceptionally hot and steamy book, one that has had me quivering unlike anything since 50 Shades! Phew! A True page turner with words so hot I'm surprised they didn't ignite the digital Kindle pages in some places and melt my laptop, but the screen DID get steamy from my rapid breathing as I read......

Isla Hamilton has been hurt before and has thrown herself into her work in order to get over her heartache, when the hotel she works for is sold and the new manager walks in, all her hopes of maintaining her position on the ladder and becoming the General Manager is taken from her. She tries hard not to be affected by Xander Rhodes, and decides to give him as much of a "run for his money" as they say, as he is going to do to her....in not too long the games begin and what does start as harmless flirtations, becomes a dangerous game of temptation, dripping in sexually charged energy that once that door is opened it can never be closed again........

Xander Rhodes is an obnoxious, smug, arrogant and self-assured man who knows what he wants and know how to get it, whatever the cost and regardless to the detriment of those around him. He has his own secrets, secrets he doesn't want to get out and certain doesn't want Isla to find out about. He is instantly attracted to Isla but thinks just like any other woman, if he spends the night with her, she'll just want more - something his isn't willing to give. But he knows she is different, he can't help himself beginning the game...... a game they both don't foresee, that will change both their futures, but will it be for the best? Or when all is said and done and the game over, will The Player be left standing or on his knees?

I don't wan't to give too much of the plot away as this book is just that good, all the characters are realistic with Isla not being a stick thin super model but a curvy size 16 goddess and Xander is not "stunning handsome" but yet "oozes sex appeal" and definitely pure masculinity, it has to be read to be appreciated.

This book does come with it's own warning label but I think it need turning up a notch or too, its just that HOT. The combination of the main plot and sex is actually perfect, it's not over done nor is it lacking, The Player is going to be a huge hit this Summer and is a book you need to have verses one you want.............<3
on 28 June 2014
FIVE AMAZING DESERVED STARS

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse Nuttall for Kindle Friends Forever

Oh my goodness me! What a read, what a plot and a half and be warned, if you’re easily offended by four letters words and explicitly described sex, this book isn't for you. It was for me!

Roll on size sixteen! Meet Isla. She’s a curvaceously attractive redhead with a witty sense of humour who doesn't take any crap from anyone and gives as much as she gets! Hard-working, ambitious and wary of the opposite sex from a past experience, is about to change her way of thinking. The luxurious hotel where she works as Deputy General Manager in the heart of Kensington has been sold. Why the new owner’s name hasn't been revealed is unsettling for all the employees and more so for Isla who has had her eye on the General Manager’s position.

Xander takes the helm. This man makes the word arrogant seem underrated. He’s curt, obnoxiously offensive, sex on legs and even though their strong personalities clash, they both have something in common. An overwhelming attraction for each other. The author describes the leading characters in a plot which has you guessing as to why he’s so secretive throughout the book to perfection. This godlike man has such a dirty mouth and I loved it! The only way for him to release his pent up frustrations is to have hot wild sex with her wherever and whenever and boy oh boy, is she game to play along! As long as there’s no emotional strings attached, their mutual sexual obsession is under control. But not everything is what it seems to be in a story which is unravelled at a steady pace.

At one point, the secondary characters made me think of the English series in the 70’s, Faulty Towers! The barman is adorable, the two receptionists christened the Barbie dolls by Isla feed on gossip and are constantly vying for Xander’s attention, and the banter between them all is fan-bloody-tastic!

Towards the end of this brilliantly written book, I had a vague suspicion that the cliffy was going to leave me dangling. Dangle, I did! Oh yes… I felt overwhelmingly outraged and it took a lot of control not to throw my kindle out the window.
I read this novel in one sitting, lost sleep over it and wrote this review at silly o'clock! This is the first book I have read by Ms. Chase and it definitely won’t be the last. The grammar is faultless, the storyline totally absorbing and I can’t wait to read The Redeemer: Part Two of the Rouge Passion Series this coming autumn. I am now a fan of yours Ms. Chase! Bravo!
on 5 December 2014
Couldn't put it down. From the very first page I was hooked this book is hot hot HOT. I waited to read this book knowing that the second was going to be released and I'm kind of sorry I did because it's fantastic with a incredibly catchy storyline. The characters are not you typical which makes this even more desirable to readers. Loved it can't wait to read the next.
on 15 March 2015
Oh my, J D Chase has excelled herself with the Player book 1. Hot sex, erotic and angst as well, when you read this you will need to cross your legs !!! This is only the second book I have read by J D but she is fast becoming a favourite of mine with her sense of humour and hot hot men. Xander is gorgeous and very very sexy, I couldn't put this book down and I have quickly one clicked book 2. Her books are well written and bring the characters to life so you feel you know them personally. Let me just say that if erotic sex scene's make you blush and offend you this might not be the book for you. I loved it, I'm open minded. A must read, a fantastic book !!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 17 July 2014
I read this after a recommendation from a friend and i've been kicking myself for not reading it sooner. I love a dirty talking, secretive, sweet man and, for me personally, Xander met my expectations. The story kept my interest throughout, although i will say there are a LOT of dirty, dirty sex scenes in it(i'm not complaining, just pointing it out incase that's not your thing). I actually liked Isla, loved her stubborn streak the most, and was rooting for her throughout the book. I loved Dean and would have liked to of seen more of him. The ending....I'm reserving judgement on, all i'll say is i can't wait for the next book.
on 17 November 2014
The Player is one heck of a hot, steamy, explosive book that doesn't half grips you and don't let go to the very end. If you don't Like dirty talk then this book is not for you.
The 2 main Characters Xander and Isla together was intense steamy and Hot! there was some very real moments in the book you could relate too but i enjoyed every word I can not wait for the next book to see how the story plays out
on 14 February 2015
What can I Say well for a start YOU MUST READ THIS.
The story is great Isla and Xander are great together he has a great sense of humour you find yourself smiling at and Isla is quite insecure . But WOW really explicit sex scenes. Very hot cannot wait for next book. Worthy of 8 stars loved it
on 30 June 2014
I read JD Chase's Orion books and loved them, so had very quickly one clicked The Player. Who knew I could blush so easily. I loved the fact that you get right behind Isla from the start and that she is represents the more cuddly amongst us. Xander is such a whirlwind that not only sweeps Isla away, but made me want to finish this in one go! If you like fast paced, cheeky - then go for it!
on 19 July 2014
Xander ,Xander,Xander what can I say my OH MY !! I was recommended to read this by a friend and when she says read it NOW I do and dear God I'm so glad I did . Xander and his gloriously filthy mouth had me drooling I loved the story line and the two main characters worked brilliantly together . I'm now impatiently waiting for the next instalment . Definitely a 5* read for me .