5.0 out of 5 stars I received the cd in good condition and on time
I received the cd in good condition and on time. This cd is one of the best cds that I have bought, it has all my favourite songs from the 80s, with only a few that I didn't know, this is unusual as some 80s cds, only have a few songs that I know. I would recommend this cd for anyone who loves 80s music
Published 1 month ago by Mrs Sally Toujgani

1.0 out of 5 stars Sack The Tracklisters.
A poorly researched "80's" track listing that includes songs from 1978 (Earth Wind & Fire) and 1979 (Gloria Gaynor,Village People) and even 1991's Chesney Hawks..yep what great 80's album...apart from these gaffs its 80's same old with few surprises.
Published 3 months ago by mr s o logan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I received the cd in good condition and on time, 27 Sep 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous memories, 14 Oct 2014
J. R. Heaney (Brentwood, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rewind - The 80s Album (Audio CD)
Cannot get enough of this album. I don't usually buy mixed CD's as I find that I have heard of half of the songs and have never heard of the other half. This album contains songs that I know and I know them all. Great selection and great price

4.0 out of 5 stars An 80s compilation with a purpose..., 21 Aug 2014
Hal Marshall "Battling For My Ex-Wife's Heart..." (From a Suitably Safe Distance!) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rewind - The 80s Album (Audio CD)
I am completely addicted to buying 80s compilations, so the presence of interlopers to the decade like Chesney Hawkes (get back to the 90s, man - and tell 10CC et al to sod off back to the 70s while you're about it!) would never have dissuaded me from purchasing this. Quite apart from which, I'd already been seduced by the blurb that accompanies this particular item: something about this being a 3CD collection featuring 'a decade of classic pop hits from some of the most talented acts and REWIND PERFORMERS PAST AND PRESENT (NB: my emphasis) all laced with nothing but pure nostalgia'.

This 45-track collection then, has evidently been put together to showcase the work of those noble 80s artists who now do the rounds of the summer 80s revivals and festivals, as well as giving (yet?) another airing to some classic numbers from, mostly, that decade whose singers are a little bit too shy / too busy / too famous / not famous enough / not broke enough yet to get themselves along to such things and thereby bring pleasure to us ageing masses.

I only caught one 80s concert myself this year, in Scarborough, although it was not a 'Rewind' one. Jason Donovan, Rick Astley, Sonia and Bananarama were all there and, on that basis, this collection does provide a handy way to relive the energy of that evening. Only I (oh, and now you - sleep well, won't you...) will ever know just how close I came to flashing my man boobs at Sara and Keren, so giddy with excitement was I by the time they sang 'Venus'. That's the sort of 'I-felt-so-good-I-nearly-traumatised-several-thousand-revellers-for life' energy that a product like this can really help a listener tap in to.

No? Oh well, that must just be me then.

'Happy Talk' is probably my favourite track on here, purely because it is such a relative rarity. I also love Chas & Dave's 'Ain't No Pleasing You': you can imagine the compilers of each and every one of these 80s compilations singing that song to themselves - and to their prospective audiences - while trying to find that happy medium between 'exciting and popular' and 'over-familiar and predictable'.

There are, I will concede, an awful lot of songs on here that can be found on practically any other 80s compilation. Why do I find myself looking at you in particular, 'It's Raining Men'? That song is like the Peter Andre of the 1980s pop world - it is totally shameless and could pop up virtually anywhere. Then again, we must truly be thankful for whatever small mercies saw fit to leave Nena and her 99 inflatables soundly by the wayside.

But, not too many compilations come right out and state their intentions in quite the way this one does. It's not trying to unearth any rare 80s diamonds. It's not claiming to be an 'Ultimate' or a 'Definitive' or a 'Complete' - any 3-disc set that claims to be any of those things is, in my experience, lying through its little retro teeth anyway. It is attempting to take the shortest possible route back to the sort of 80s music that most of us would instantly be familiar with. These are tried and tested songs that will have you dancing round the house or rummaging through the contents of your loft in search of your 'Smash Hits Sticker Album: 1986' like nobody's business.

This collection, most definitely, has its flaws. Well, one flaw really - that, somewhat gung-ho, approach of trying to smuggle perfectly respectable songs from other decades in here without any real reason. If you're going to hang your product's hat on 'The 80s', you really do need to give that awesome decade some respect.

To counter that though, the sound quality is excellent. And, while this is nothing like a 'definitive' compilation of 80s tunes , in fairness, it never claimed to be such a thing in the first place. It is, however, a unique little compilation that does tap into that 80s nostalgic energy very, very nicely indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: Rewind - The 80s Album (Audio CD)
Bought this for the journey to rewind this year. Fab CD brought back so many memories and made the traffic jam less tedious.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sack The Tracklisters., 4 Aug 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars A Rewind festival goers must..., 2 Sep 2014
Clare Hayes "CoffeeAddict" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rewind - The 80s Album (Audio CD)
Probably not your typical track list for an 80s compilation but the tracks are based on the artists who played the Rewind festivals. If you were at one of them then this is definitely worth owning. If not, still worth having as an 'alternative' to the usual compilations out there. I'm off to buy Rick Astley's greatest hits!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Rewind - The 80s Album (Audio CD)
As with all compilations such as this, a mixture of the good the bad and the ugly, but enough great songs to make up for the duds!

2.0 out of 5 stars not great value for money, 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Rewind - The 80s Album (Audio CD)
The 2nd cd does not play right ......not great value for money .....best songs are on this cd too .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Rewind - The 80s Album (Audio CD)
Great to listen to tracks from the 80's, happy memories, quality great, very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album and delivered, 13 Nov 2014
Elizabeth Jane Conway (Bognor Regis, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rewind - The 80s Album (Audio CD)
Had to buy this after going to rewind, great album and delivered quickly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rewind - The 80s Album
Rewind - The 80s Album by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2014)